Cleaning & Lubing Chain

there was a how to video on here somewhere (the guy used a Ducatti) ?? If I'm not mistaken this guy was spraying the warm chain with wax, then wipe it off with a rag ??

come on you search guru's, find it

+1 My chainguard went in the trash long ago. It makes cleaning the chain a breeze. I always have my bike on the rearstand in 1 st gear spinning along at idle when I spray my chainwax on it. You just cant be an idiot and get your pingers in there. This makes for a nice even coat.

I never take my chain guard off, but it takes a little longer. I dont care, I am working on her and I enjoy that. Also, just for a tip, put a towel over the rear wheel when cleaning and you wont make such a mess. I use a toothbrush, kerosene, and chain lube. Takes about 20 minutes if you take your time.

I've gotten over 30,000miles on the stock chain by cleaning with wd-40 and lubing with PJ1 black label.

Its OK to ride your bike 50miles or so after you clean it. The lube that really matters is in a place you can't wipe off, the other side of the o(x)-rings.

Spin the tire by hand, much safer, accidents happen, that's why there called accidents.
thumb_up.gif

Spin the tire by hand, much safer, accidents happen, that's why there called accidents.
thumb_up.gif
THAT accident happens to idiots....

I have let the motor spin the wheel for lube work since I could service my own chain...

do not wipe chain with rag while under power (Doh!)
Do not touch chain while under power (Doh!)

honestly there is nothing dangerous about this method unless you are stupid... I suppose someone could come along and grab you by the arm and shove your hand in the spinning gears....

Back