How often do you apply chain lube?

BUSABOY69:  THANKS FOR THE INPUT.  I AM GOING TO BUY THAT D,.I.D. CHAIN TODAY.  WHAT SPROCKETS DO YOU RECOMMEND? LOSE A TOOTH OR GAIN?  SHOULD I KEEP IT THE SAME FOR MY RIDING STYLE?  I DO LIKE TO WHEELIE HERE AND NOW.
If you like to wheelie try loosing a tooth. I kept my stuff stock setup cuz it does just what I like and I didn't wanna loose any top end.

what size is the socket needed to loosen the Axel Bolt? I was going to adjust my chain last night, but I dont have anything close to the large size needed. Going to FleetFarm this morning, so the exact size would be appreciated.
I cant remember right off, I can check tonight when I get home, I think its 23 or 24mm picked mine up at Sears along with torque wrench. I'm sure someone will chime in on its exact size, i got the info on it from somewhere on the board.

I lube everytime someone asks the question and reminds me. Actually I try to get it between 500-700 miles, clean with Kerosene and use chain wax to minimize the flingage. 7500 miles adjusted once at 600 miles and still lookin good.

Any comments on the chain itself? I hear the gold ones tend not to rust as fast.

(Remember, I live almost in the Pacific Ocean and ride in the salt fog almost daily.)

Back