How often do you check tire pressure?

+1 and worth every $.01...kept me from leaving town on a ride last weekend with a hole in my rear tire that was letting all the precious air out!!

TireGard Pressure Monitoring System

now is the time to do it as Pashnit has a sale on right now :beerchug:

I forgot that you had that happen why you were at the house... For those that didnt know Semi was at the house and noticed as we were riding that he lost 10 lbs of pressure in 2 blocks. We pulled into a dealership and he had a huge bolt in his tire.. That much air leaking that fast could have been disastrous but his system alarmed and let him know while riding down the road...

Good stuff right there.. .

the same thing happened to Uncle Steve last year on the "Man Trip 1" early in the morning we went out to head out for the day, he started his bike and noticed he had 18 lbs of pressure in his rear tire... We found a dealership first thing and got a new tire.......

cap

after this experience, i would suggest this is a have-to-have mod for anyone that travels very much! especially if you ride in some of the places i like to explore and pick up as many nails, screws, pieces of metal, etc. as i do :laugh: that is the 5th tire in the last 4 years with a puncture and could have been the worst if i hadn't been warned!

after this experience, i would suggest this is a have-to-have mod for anyone that travels very much! especially if you ride in some of the places i like to explore and pick up as many nails, screws, pieces of metal, etc. as i do :laugh: that is the 5th tire in the last 4 years with a puncture and could have been the worst if i hadn't been warned!

5th in 4 years... YIKES you should stop riding where all the shrapnel is at...

5th in 4 years... YIKES you should stop riding where all the shrapnel is at...

i've plug/patched a couple that were still in great shape (including one that had less than 150 miles on it when i picked up a nail :banghead:), left that one there at your place, and have two more sitting in the garage...oh well, i've seen some beautiful places due to my willingness to ride just about anywhere so i guess it has been worth it :laugh:

+1 and worth every $.01...kept me from leaving town on a ride last weekend with a hole in my rear tire that was letting all the precious air out!!

TireGard Pressure Monitoring System

now is the time to do it as Pashnit has a sale on right now :beerchug:

Cool little device, can save ones life.

Do you folks use the valve cap sensors, or the internally mounted wheel sensors?

I already have my alarm LCD on my key, so would probably mount the LCD permanently somewhere in the console.

Cool little device, can save ones life.

Do you folks use the valve cap sensors, or the internally mounted wheel sensors?

I already have my alarm LCD on my key, so would probably mount the LCD permanently somewhere in the console.

i use the valve cap sensors since i have 2 front rims and 3 rears and can move the sensors to whichever rim/tire combo i am using on the bike at the time

I check the pressure every time the bike sits when I don't get to ride much! Takes 5 minutes! If I'm riding a lot and the weather has been stable, they don't seem to need much air at all!

was ridding with some guys the other day, stopped after about 150 miles checked my pressure just wanted to see how much it went up. i asked one of the guys if he wanted me to check his 15 in front and like 20 in rear. said he never checked it before, been ridding for years. i still wonder what that ride feels like. must feel like a new bike now though

dont let him fool you, Its the same tire, He is too cheap to go buy a new one :laugh: :laugh:

:rofl:

that might be true if i spent all my money on spikes instead of tires and gas so i can actually ride :poke:

j/k bro, you know i love ya :lol:

I used to only check it every couple of weeks. untill I got my tire changed at the dealer and it was 15lbs low. checked a couple days later 9lbs low, couple more days later 12lbs low. couple days later... knocking on the dealers door!!

I check every couple weeks, or when things don't feel crisp in the steering department. Ride every day most of the year & just can't seem to check everyday. Slow leaks are killers especially if you ride in a straight line like the interstate, I've been waiting for TPM to get below a set of tires, but it really is a must have I'd say. Peace of mind value alone, real time monitoring. Any one know of a system I could easily switch between bikes quickly? Say if it's raining in the AM & I need to take the Strom...

I check before each ride. When the weather has big temp changes, like this time of the year, it is important to check them more often as toutside temp will change the pressure alot.

I check every couple weeks, or when things don't feel crisp in the steering department. Ride every day most of the year & just can't seem to check everyday. Slow leaks are killers especially if you ride in a straight line like the interstate, I've been waiting for TPM to get below a set of tires, but it really is a must have I'd say. Peace of mind value alone, real time monitoring. Any one know of a system I could easily switch between bikes quickly? Say if it's raining in the AM & I need to take the Strom...

check out the link to the one Pashnit sells in post #21, the one with the valve cap sensors can be changed to another bike in about a minute :beerchug:

Back