What do you use to check Tire Pressure?

el stumpo

Registered
What do you guys use to check the tire pressure on your busa?

......... ok, ok, tire pressure gauge... I get it...
laugh.gif

Do you use the old stick that pushes up? Digital? A certain type that is accurate? Are the old gauges where the stick pops up ok? Do they lose accuracy?

Inquiring minds want to know...
coolold.gif

I use the old stick type. Don't think they loose their accuracy. This time of year it is important to check them everytime you ride as the pressure changes with the temp. I checked mine today before a short ride and the rear was down to 22 lbs.

I use a long flexible hose type analog gauge because it reaches the valve stems the easiest.

I use "my hand", others use their toes....and I believe some of the others ACTUALLY have someone do it for them.....

+1 on having some else check it. I haven't really done enything hard (like oil changes) myself in ages. it gets a bit pricey at times but my time is more valuable.
beerchug.gif

+1 on having some else check it. I haven't really done enything hard (like oil changes) myself in ages. it gets a bit pricey at times but my time is more valuable.  
beerchug.gif
wow... must be really valuable if you cant spend a couple of mins to check your air pressure...
all_coholic.gif
dunno.gif
pillepalle.gif

I used the stick type now, but what concerns me is what Proud Dad said:
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
stick type.just use the same thing every time.gauge to gauge could read a little differant[/quote]

If they gauges are different from one to the other, how do you know if it's right?

IG. according to their website, looks like they may stop making/support of their MC product.

gmmech07 -does your company have a spare one they're willing to send to NC?
winkold.gif

beerchug.gif
Tire pressure is the single most important aspect of your bikes handling and thus, your safety.

Do yourself a favor, get a decent guage and use it prior to every ride.

The Aerostitch link above has the Smart Tire set-up listed for $199.00...................Doesn't say if it's in stock.

I was wondering about this myself , the other day.I liked the one that Glyn picked out.I tried to use other tire pressure gauges with NO SUCCESS!!!I can see that it wud be crucial to get an accurate gauge AND also using it properly to get an accurate reading.
The other day i checked mine(i hadn't checked it in waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy toooooo long and it was 23-25!!! i almost flipped.I immediately bought another gauge to double check and it too said the same thing.
However the ones i bought were cheeepies and they didn't seem to be sitting properly on the valve stems.Thats why the one Glyn pointed out look much better!!
ThumbsUp.gif

Reiny

Back