How often to check air pressure?

umairhashmi

Registered
Just wondering how often i should check my tires air pressure on the stock busa tires? and whats the exact pressure for the front and rear tire? I just bought a good digital gauge by the way.

Everytime you roll, dude. Your tires are what is between you and the pavement.

I'm a pilot, so I believe in a pre-flight every single time I roll. Just habit.

Solo riding - Front 42PSI Rear 42PSI
Dual Riding - Front 42PSI Rear 42PSI

That is the book, however.

Depending on whether it is cold or hot, because hot air expands, in the summer I will run - Front 38 Rear 40

Winter - Front 40 Rear 42

I will run less in the front than I do in the rear because I want more grip and feel in the push. It all depends on what tires you are running and how you ride, but that is a text book and personal thrown out for ya.

Opinions may vary.
wink.gif

Something I noticed with my Metzlers. The M1's had a very differen't tire pressure recommendations. Suzuki says 42 all around Metzler says 36psi rear, and I think it was 34psi front. Sounded pretty whacky to me... But I figured hell, do you listen to the guys who put cheap tires on em' at the factory? Or do you listen to the folks that designed and built this specific tire? I went with the tire guys... and it make a world of difference with the M1s...

Untitled_1_copy.jpg

I check mine each pre-flight inspection. Also check signals,brake lights,shifter bolt,and anything else that may make for a bad day!
smile.gif

Oh, and I run at 41psi

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139739899 -->

as often as you can.. maybe you can do it will the bike is warming up.. i thought my finger push was accurate.. turned out to be 20 psi..
sad.gif

as always check tires when they are cold.. (before the ride)

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139764602 -->

Once every 2 weeks or before a long trip. Typically after 2 months I'll have to add 2 psi to bring them back up to 42. Unless the bike hasn't been driven in weeks, there's no way I'm checking tire pressure everytime I go to put the key in the ignition. If my tires were leaking down to dangerous levels every few days I'd figuring out how I screwed up my tire install.
I do constantly scan for nails, cuts and abrasions even after stopping to fill up with gas.

Just wondering how often i should check my tires air pressure on the stock busa tires? and whats the exact pressure for the front and rear tire? I just bought a good digital gauge by the way.
what they said
wink.gif

Tire pressure is a bit more of personal feel. I used to stick to the Suzuki recommendations of 40-41 psi, but the guys in the shop recommended 34-36 instead, claiming that the higher pressure was meant to be a catch-all for using the bike under heavier loads, i.e. with passenger, luggage or simply a very heavy single rider. I tried both setups and ended up preferring the lower pressure for everyday riding. (I'm about 160lbs, btw.)

So, it depends on you - how you ride, if you ride with someone, your weight, etc. One size doesn't fit all...

I'm using helium now instead of air.
Much lighter feel to it.
And I check the pressure all the time.

Now I've been thinking about this subject for a while... Hasn't anyone tried one of those tire pressure monitoring systems?
rock.gif

I check nearly every time I ride. On the Batlax's I run 40 rear, 38 front. Cold.

ever since the 1st day i got my bike and rode it home from cali (400 miles) and i checked everything BUT the tire pressure(was in the teens), i have always checked b 4 i road.

Back