Tire Pressure Gauges

busabutter

Registered
I recently checked my tire pressure with a regualar tire pressure device that you get anywhere, you know the one that looks like a pen. Been riding and the bikes didn't feel as right as before, noticed gas mileage decrease, figured maybe i'm throttle happy, but no.

So the woman gets me a digital tire pressure device that she happen to see at target while buying the road side emergency kit. I figured lets try this and see what it reads. It read the tire pressures were lower than with the other gauge. 3-5 lbs lower.

So I go back and check and refill air in everything. Feels better. Gas mileage back up to par as when I first got the bikes. So are the cheapo air pressure guages not worth the $0.99? Or did I just get a bumb one?

I will get a metal one that costs a few bucks more to compare.
smileyexhibit.gif

Was wondering the same thing !!!!!!!!!

I always check my air before I go on rides, but have always just used the one on the pumps.(at gas stations) Well, one day I filled to 38 psi. (cold) the next day I was going to ride 2 up, so checked with same kind you're talking about, it said I had 50 psi.  I almost s#@t myself !! So I let some out, went to the pump (different station), it said I had 28 psi.

No matter where I go it's always WAY DIFFERENT !!

a good quality gauge is adjustable.But the problem is you have to have a good regulator to check it off of.Should use the same gauge all the time.But whether it's right our not.....
rock.gif

Back