TIRE PRESSURE

Most of you who run lower have the rear lower than the front.
Actually, I always run the front a little lower than the rear.  I would always rather have extra grip in the front, a slipping rear tire is much easier for me to handle than a slipping front tire.  
wink.gif
Use the same pressure front and rear....for solo aggressive type riding you can drop a pound or two in the rear....reason being with the Busa you will be able to get alot more heat into the rear tire than you will ever get with the front.

Hot tires vs. cold ones....the pressure will rise 4-6 lbs. Most riders will drive out of the corners hard...but won't dive into them as agressively.

38 front and 36 rear when cold should equal about 42 when hot.

This will all very on temp of the day, road surface, rider ability...at the track I run 31 front and 30 rear cold....and look for them to be about 36 hot.
Jeez, why did I say that.

Duh,
tounge.gif

I always have the front a pound or 2 heavier than the rear.

I think I was smok'in crack
blush.gif

Thanx for the catch Rich
biggrin.gif

I've been riding around for about a week at 40 psi front and rear, and the bike feels fine. I think my imagination was working overtime when I thought the rear felt loose. I'm going to take it up to 42 and see how it feels. If it seems OK, then I'll leave it there.

I understand that different tires (other than the OEM) have different pressure settings. I would expect that.

just remember your 32 to 42 thing is not just HEAT related, lower PSI grips better not cuz of heat right off, but contact patch is much fatter. rember that when riding at 42: less contact patch size sticking the road - heated or not

I have the Pilot Powers and run 42 front and rear. Have only ridden in 50 degree weather so far but have been impressed so far with the grip. no slipping at all..

After riding a bit with 40 front and rear, I'm going to take it up to 42 and try it out. If it feels as good as it does now, I'll leave it there, at least for a while. I was surprised, because 42 just sounds so much higher than other bikes, cars, etc.

It seems very smooth though at 40. I always take it slow when I change something and give myself time to get a feel for what the change is doing.

42 will give you a better fall into the turns and for me 42/42 is just great. The bike just flicks better on all axis . I feel fully in control, with full feel of the tires (that's feeling what they're doing) all the time . And zooming through the twisties at night after riding 15 hours, feeling and rythem is what your really want  
race.gif
+2

OK, I'm running 42 front and rear for about a week so far. It feels OK to me. I expected that the bike would start slipping around, but it hasn't. Maybe I just have to find that sandy street that someone mentioned -- well, hopefully not.

It's supposed to warm into the 70s this week, so I'll try some more agressive leans and see how she handles. I'm not really interested in squeezing extra miles out of the tires, just getting the pressure right for the bike.

I use 36-38 front and 34-36 rear it just depends on the conditions that day....for the track (road course) 31 front and 30 rear
wink.gif
I use the exact same as Rich. But I notice a huge diff around town if front is under 35 front feels mushy and hard to steer in and out of driveways or turn on city streets ... when 38 to 42 psi it's like adding power steering.

For me front tends to chatter/hop when in the twisties hard if psi is above 38.

my 2 cents.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139850977 -->

Back