How often do you check tire pressure?

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Don't check mine often and when I do, there are normally only a few pounds missing.

On Sunday, hit the twisties hard and the bike just did not feel right in the corners, kinda wiggly. Thought it was me, or perhaps the worn tire. Did some high speed runs and they felt OK.

Tonight checked the rear tire and it had 16 lbs in it. Casing is starting to show, where did the air go? :banghead:

Learnt my lesson, now it will be once a week.

When I clean and lube the chain. I do a quick visual inspection before every ride. And a thorough inspection before every long ride.

Tire pressure is the single most important thing to check every time (before) you ride. If you take riding and your safety seriously.

I check mine every 2-3 days, I also ride everyday. Usually need to add 2-3 pounds after about 2 weeks.

Make sure you fill it with Winter air, Its getting cold you know.

I dont check mine near enough

Winter air is on order. Don't stock it in NC yet, they say another few weeks or so. These Southern folks are slow, ya know.:whistle:

Send me your address and I'll mail you some. It's freezing at nights here now.

I visit you folks in Toronto every so often. At least you enjoy your summers more than here in the US. Summer in Toronto down town is a cool place to watch the girls wearing shorts as short as they could possibly fit.

If I'm riding every day, I'll check it every other day. If the bike has been setting all week, I always check them (and usually have to add an lb or 2) as soon as I get it out.
Also, get a good gauge ( I have an Accu Gage) that you trust. I've found as much as 5 lbs difference in readings between cheap pencil gauges.

Normaly once a week.....
(unless I know they need keeping an eye on, slow leaks or previous repairs etc)

Got a compresser / air-line and digital guage sat next to the garage door
so I really have no excuse.

Out the 4 bikes it normaly takes several weeks before they need attention
other than one thats got a very slow leak that I cant be arse'd to fix.

Before every ride JR...but you can get away without checking until something happens like an impossible spongy feeling starts to make you wonder if you'll ever get around a corner.
It takes about 2 minutes to check and maybe 5 minutes all up if you need to pump something in. Well worth the attention I think.
O.

Back