What do you use to check Tire Pressure?

I used the stick type now, but what concerns me is what Proud Dad said:
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
stick type.just use the same thing every time.gauge to gauge could read a little differant[/quote]

If they gauges are different from one to the other, how do you know if it's right?

IG. according to their website, looks like they may stop making/support of their MC product.

gmmech07 -does your company have a spare one they're willing to send to NC?  
winkold.gif
[/quote]
I watched Penske truck leasing spend over 6k one year on tire gauges.[at 1 location]Someone in corporate was searching for the best and most accurate to buy everyone.98 million in tire bill in 05 for the country.When all was said and done,we're back to using the big adjustable stick gauges.with a regulated gauge on the wall to check them for accuracy,weekly.Not all are created equal.I have a high dollar digital in my box[not used]because too many of them read a little differant.That's why you should stick with one.

i just ordered the on from Aerostitch for 24.99. It looks like a nice one, complete with the swivel head.I find the stick ones EXTREMELY difficult to use on the front wheel because of the rotors getting in the way!

You'll like that Accu-gage, it's also got the bleed down feature, so that you can bleed off the excess air without removing the gage from the valve stem after you put too much in.

Very handy in difficult to reach areas.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
Glyn @ Oct. 29 2007 said:
+1 Accu-Gauge Good stuff.

I had at one point Five different air pressure gauges all giving me a different reading at the same time...

Bought the accu-gauge and haven't looked back, good product.

Just be sure to order the rubber surround for the gauge, they do not come with it all the time. It gives you a grip and protects your gauge.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

We've got 2 of these - 1 for home and 1 for on the road... Reads accurately, fits all the bikes and has the bleed valve. If only I could remember to check the tires BEFORE I'm halfway down the road...

HD_Gauge.jpg

Tire pressure is by far the single most important pre-ride check you can make. I check my tire pressure before every ride.

Anyone that has a tire down ten psi and can't tell just by how it feels on the road needs to pay more attention to how the bike is responding to input.

I'm using Keiti's digital device , so easy to use ...

TIREGAUGE.gif

One of those little pen-like pressure gauges works fie for me, I'm not that fussy. If I have acces to a compressor at home, I use a cheap pistol grip with a clipon chuck and analog gauge. It's no worse than the pen thing. As long as whatever you use gives a consistent reading, I don't think it matters how precise it is.

Back