How often do you run FI cleaner??

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
How often do you guys run fuel injector cleaner through your busa ??? I am running my first tank through and I have 7800 miles on her. I know it's 4oz per tank, but I was just curious of how often I should do this... any input is ALWAYS appreciated!! :cheerleader:

I have not used any at 22K... I doubt if used per instructions it will do any harm.. the bad results I have seen is on heavily varnished systems and the cleaner breaks all that crud loose and clogs up filters..

Most name brand fuels have enough detergents to keep the fuel system clean on their own..

Long term storage with a partially full tank or without stabilizer are normally the culprits for stale tanks.. Winter storage should include a full tank of fuel with stabil added..

How often do you guys run fuel injector cleaner through your busa ??? I am running my first tank through and I have 7800 miles on her. I know it's 4oz per tank, but I was just curious of how often I should do this... any input is ALWAYS appreciated!! :cheerleader:

Never have on any bike I have owned. I think the gas we use is all pretty good (except for that Chavez stuff).

When I lived in the frozen east, I used to store the bike with a full tank and all was fine.

It depends on what cleaner you're using. Amsoil makes some excellent FI cleaner that is supoposed to be used every 4,000 miles. Expensive, but very good.

Maybe once a year if I think about it...not really necessary with today's
detergent fuels :thumbsup:

never have with over 25,000 miles...run good gas and never let her sit still for long :beerchug:

Back