How often do we wash our busa's

busa1018

Registered
just wonder how the brothers clean there extended selfes(Busa's) I wash mine with a hose car soap and a mit. then i blow dry it with compressed air then wax. I wash it it at least 1 time a week and wax it two or three times a month depends how dull she's looking. Let us know how you wash yours wet or dry

<!--EDIT|busa1018
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155818896 -->

I NEVER use soap on mine... only warm water & dry it with a damp chamois (sp). Wax it once per month & she continues to look brand new !
biggrin.gif

Take it easy brother !

I wash my bike everytime I ride, which is almost everyday. I never wet wash it though. I have lots of polish and chrome, so wet washing just is a pian in the butt for me. Don't laugh, but I hit the whole body with Honda Polish, then clean the chrome rims with amonia free windex. I try not to let anything get on the polish, and prolly hit it with mother's like twice a month.

I clean it before most rides...cleaned it for two days once for a bike show; that was a lot of work!

I mostly just wipe it down with a soft cloth/water...Honda Pro Cleaner to spot clean here and there...I'd rather be riding over washing any day though
cool.gif

After every ride I blow it off with the compressor, then detail with Honda wax. Maybe wash it at the car wash once a month if that.

I use a spray bottle to get it wet and then wipe it down every time before I ride and I wax it about every two weeks but never hose it down.

Michelle, what mods do you have done to your Busa? I saw you said something about doing a bike show. I do shows as well.

i've been using water and car wash soap since day one. i giver her a wash every 2 weeks or so, followed up w/ a wax. my ride also get's the clay bar about twice a season. in between, i recommend wiping it softly w/ a micro fiber towel only.

I wash about once a week. Soap it up with Meguires and hose it down. Looks like new still and it's an '03

I clean and detail it everytime it needs it so it always stays showroom Beautiful
laugh.gif
Which generally means every 200 to 300 miles of riding, which inturn means just about everytime I ride
wink.gif
Plus you get to know the in's and out's of your bike messing with it this much. You really catch things going wrong or damaged before it really is bad
biggrin.gif

I clean and detail it everytime it needs it so it always stays showroom Beautiful
laugh.gif
Which generally means every 200 to 300 miles of riding, which inturn means just about everytime I ride
wink.gif
Plus you get to know the in's and out's of your bike messing with it this much. You really catch things going wrong or damaged before it really is bad
biggrin.gif
VERY GOOD POINT!

Been kind of busy this summer, so not as often as I would like. Normally, I clean it every week.

I wipe down the rims after every ride. I don't soak the bike insted I use Maguire's cleaner/wax. That shid even takes bugs off
biggrin.gif

I haven't yet taken a hose to her...
tounge.gif

Mothers "Showtime" detail/wipe down before or after each ride depending on length of ride or time in between. Bugs come off easier when the guts are still 'wet'.
wink.gif

I like my lady clean and shiny so she gets a good detailing about every two weeks too. Mothers works for me. I tried Glare auto polish and have mixed reviews about it. For one thing $$$

After every ride. Typically I use Pledge. Yes....Pledge. Works great! I use WD-40 on the wheels because it cuts the chain lube off the rear very well..

As long as you keep up with it, you don't have to do an actual "wash" very often..

I never use water. I use quick detailer on the body and wd-40 on the rims after every ride.

I use WD-40 on the wheels because it cuts the chain lube off the rear very well..
What lube do you use? I use Maximum Chain wax and really don't get any on rim from riding. I just get that brake dust film crap. Don't know why, I hardly really use the rear brake unless it's slow maneuvers and it always has more than the front rim
rock.gif

After every ride.  Typically I use Pledge.  Yes....Pledge.  Works great!  I use WD-40 on the wheels because it cuts the chain lube off the rear very well..

As long as you keep up with it, you don't have to do an actual "wash" very often..
My dad used to use Pledge on his Harley and on his Gold WIng

Bout once a week , wash with soap and water , blow dry with leaf blower and then wax , works great on a my black 06

Mark

<!--EDIT|qwknuf6
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155830396 -->

Back