Washing Removable Helmet Liners

Do you wash your helmet liners?
How often?
In the washer machine? If so what cycle what water temp?
In the sink hand wash?
What detergent?

Do you throw them in the dryer or air dry?

I just washed my icon airframe liner and cheekpads last weekend for the first time in 2 years :laugh: It wasnt too bad, it was just time to be washed.

I threw it in the washing machine with clothes but I let it air dry. I wouldnt put it in the dryer, probably a bad idea if it shrunk or something... There is plastic on it.

It came out all good :thumbsup:

This is the first helmet that I was able to remove the inner pieces. They are starting to look a .... hmmm sweaty. I usually keep fabric sheets up under the padding to keep it smelling fresh but thats like putting on aftershave without bathing.

This is the first helmet that I was able to remove the inner pieces. They are starting to look a .... hmmm sweaty. I usually keep fabric sheets up under the padding to keep it smelling fresh but thats like putting on aftershave without bathing.

:rofl:. Yeah, I used febreeze a lot. Yeah just pop them out and throw them in the washer with a normal load of clothes. Just remember to grab them out before the dryer!

i prefer using the sink to handwash the liner. soak in lukewarm water with DAWN dishwashing liquid, scrub with soft bristle brush then dry in the sun.

I hand wash in Woolite and air dry. I wash mine after 2 rides during the hot part of the year.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I machine was the liners and hand was the cheekpads. Always air dry in front of a fan overnight. Rarely during the winter months and a couplle of times in the summer. I also store my helmets upside down with the shield open so they don't hold moisture. :thumbsup:

I've washed my scorpion helmet pads probably 6 or 7 times with no problems. I've never put them in the dryer though.

Being in South Florida for 14 years you learn to wash your liners on a regular basis. That is unless your going for the salt incrusted look. :laugh: And i've never had a problem with machine wash and low heat dry, as long as you do it with a normal load of laundry.

And you are supposed to have oil? I get mine from the new ZX14's air box. :rofl:

Hand was. Air dry. Put cheek pads in a towel and press to soak up excess. I have a second set to rotate out.

I have a scorpion and hope the pads are removable bc last summer was a hot one and the helmet got a little ripe. Used febreeze, but would love to wash them.

I've put my hjc liner through the washer and dryer several times. The icon twice... My scorpion, I started putting a scented candle inside it with the visor closed. (no, not a lit candle).. It don't stink bad enough to wash it yet.. (over a season old)

for my helmets w/o a removable liner, i submerge the entire helmet and scrub away. then stuff it with a towel to soak as much water/moisture before putting it out in the sun.

Hand wash in the sink with a little laundry detergent. Rinse well and air dry. I do it around 4 times a year. Wouldn't use febreze cause all you're doing is masking the odor caused by bacteria...Yuck!

Back