Removable helmet liners

MeltDownZ

Registered
I'm looking at purchasing an Arai helmet. I've got it narrowed down to 2 top of the line models. The big difference between the 2 is the removable liner option. It's a pretty big price jump and I've never had a helmet with a removable liner to know if it's worth the cost. So, those of you who have removable liners... is that a feature that you have found you use a lot? I'm really not worried about paying for the feature if it's one I'll use. But, I'd rather not spend the beans if it's something that is rarely/never used. What do you think?

I bought the Shoei, and having the removable liner is very nice. Depends on what the price difference, but I would do it.

Another thing that will help is if you were some sort of skull cap. I find I have to clean the liners a lot less if I wear one.

Good luck.

I have an AGV with removable liner, it is a great feature to have, but if the price jump is too high (like $100) then I personally don't think its worth it...if that is the ONLY difference between the two. Usually in helmet lines with a price jump like that, you're looking at an increase in overall quality/other features besides the removable liner.
Also Juggler has an excellent idea with the skull cap. I bought a Nike Dri-fit for $16. Super thin and keeps the sweat/gel off the liner, and I just wash that once a week.

Back