Shoei helmet size adjustment.

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
If you've got a Shoei RF-1000 helmet or any other one thats constructed the same inside
and you find that your helmet is a little bit too BIG for you, here's how you can adjust it so it will fit better.
I procured a sheet of 1/8 inch, flexible packing foam out of a used shipping box. I cut an oval that would fit inside the available inner space area between the factory soft liner and the hard foam inside surface of the helmet. The oval was around 6X10 inches or so. I cut slots in from 4 corners so the oval would bend into a cup shape to go under the current soft liner. Tuck the cut oval into one of the 2 large slots in the inner liner and feel around and adjust it so it fits evenly under the factory liner. Once you get it all adjusted, it will stay where you put it when you push the factory liner down on top of it. Hope that's not confusing.!
Now try the helmet on, you'll probably find it's nice and snug and fits better now.!! :thumbsup:
My camera is loaned out right now, I'll come back and post some pics when I get it back.

Getting a different size cheek pads helps, too. If it's too tight, get the thinner ones. I think the standard ones are 35mm. It goes down to I think 30mm. Forgot to mention that the foam might affect the ventilation.

Last edited:
I have an hjc that is just a bit big and i never wear it for that reason. I think I'll try it. It's not my normal riding helmet, but at least it would make a good spare. post the pics when you get a chance please.

Back