How often do you wash your bike(s)?

How often do you wash your crotch................rocket?

• Once a week.

Votes: 91 33.1%
  • Once every 2 weeks.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 28 10.2%
  • Once every 2 months.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Once a season. (Assuming 4 season weather.)

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • After riding through a heavy rain.

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • I don't wash it. Bikes are for riding.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • Whenever the mood strikes me.

Votes: 68 24.7%
  • After my armpits, after my arse, and before my teeth. (I use the same brush for all 4.)

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Before I go to sell it.

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
I use honda polish or quick wax on the paint and invisible glass on the shield and headlight/turn signals after each usage.

I wash mine with soap and water once a week, then I quickly use my STIHL BR600 (real powerful leaf blower) and air dry it, gets all the water out of the cracks, the water doesn't have time to even dry, works really, really well. I recommend anyone to try it who has a STIHL, if not, find a used one, you will be amazed! :beerchug:

i voted once a week. which i usually give her a quick wipe down with quik detailer. and id say once a month i clean the entire bike, lube the chain, clean the engine, ect.

I wipe down some of it after each ride. And I wash it about every two weeks....with a hose....because it's just a motorcycle that can get wet. And it's just water.... that drys.

The reason I will not wipe certain parts down after a ride like the lower fairings and the rear tail section is because unless you rinse it with water....you are just wiping minuscule road grit around on the paint and it will scratch.
Just my $0.02

Yep, im with you on this one. Why are people so scared of "Water" getting on thier bikes ???, they are built to get wet :banghead:, i live in the UK they spend most of thier lifes getting wet. And any one that say's " Its never seen rain" and lives in the UK is lying :laugh:

Iv just finished washing mine now, its drying at the moment and by that i dont in any way mean that there is a bunch of fairys with cotton wool buds soaking up water droplets, Its just drying, Outside, drip drip drip. How God intended them too. Now dont get me wrong here, after the drying she will go in the shed for some polishing and top coat wax, Im not an animal, washing and not polishing is like "Ant" with out "Dec" or Salt with out vinagar, Its just not right !!!

Yep, im with you on this one. Why are people so scared of "Water" getting on thier bikes ???, they are built to get wet :banghead:, i live in the UK they spend most of thier lifes getting wet. And any one that say's " Its never seen rain" and lives in the UK is lying :laugh:

Iv just finished washing mine now, its drying at the moment and by that i dont in any way mean that there is a bunch of fairys with cotton wool buds soaking up water droplets, Its just drying, Outside, drip drip drip. How God intended them too. Now dont get me wrong here, after the drying she will go in the shed for some polishing and top coat wax, Im not an animal, washing and not polishing is like "Ant" with out "Dec" or Salt with out vinagar, Its just not right !!!
if you have one ,hit it with a "leaf blower" and save time on the "drying phase". it works like a champ! :thumbsup:

I'm pretty lazy when it come to cleaning the entire bike. I clean and lube my chain regularly but hardly ever wash my bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quick wash once a week, detailed cleaning once a month.. i slack with the chain cleaning part tho not by choice just end up not having time or motivation.

Back