How often do you wash your bike(s)?

How often do you wash your crotch................rocket?

• Once a week.

Votes: 91 33.1%
  • Once every 2 weeks.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 28 10.2%
  • Once every 2 months.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Once a season. (Assuming 4 season weather.)

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • After riding through a heavy rain.

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • I don't wash it. Bikes are for riding.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • Whenever the mood strikes me.

Votes: 68 24.7%
  • After my armpits, after my arse, and before my teeth. (I use the same brush for all 4.)

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Before I go to sell it.

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Detail it every other day. And every saturday and Sunday. Never use water. Ride it every day just about and wipe it down after every ride. I take alot of pride in my stuff. Yes i ride the crap out of it every time Im out but that doesn't mean she can't look good.

Sent from mobile device

i just gave mine after a months worth of dirt build up. i also waxed her up with mother's for that additional glare.

I wipe mine down after every ride, lube the chain every 500 miles. Never wash with a hose.

never wash it...i just ride it REALLY fast thru some rain....:laugh:

nah- wash it as it needs it... haven't touched the chain yet... me bad?? got about 4000 miles on it since i got it- no idea what the schedule was before i aquired the beast

Detail it every other day. And every saturday and Sunday. Never use water. Ride it every day just about and wipe it down after every ride. I take alot of pride in my stuff. Yes i ride the crap out of it every time Im out but that doesn't mean she can't look good.

Sent from mobile device

same here :beerchug:

it's dedenbear delay box for drag racing.

:rofl: i had to look that up..
"The dedenbear delay box is a microprocessor based unit that combines a cross-over box, a delay box, and an interfacer to give the racer two shots at the tree, all with just one transbrake button. The LCD readout displays dial-ins, delay settings, and racing mode so the racer can verify settings at a glance before a run. The LCD display is backlit and the waterproof buttons are lighted so settings are easily made, even in total darkness."

neat toy! :bowdown:

Blanca got me cleaning my bike better than i used to. now my Bessie is orange fresh.

:whistle: i was wondering how long it would take before Pledge was mentioned. :laugh:

i wash her when she's a really dirty girl, and use Pledge the rest of the time.:thumbsup:

What's with the no hose rule.

I wash mine like I do the car, with soap and water. Then I blow it dry with my black and decker leaf blower. Gets ride of the water spots. Don't have time to wipe down before and after every ride. My sign to wash is usually when my chrome rims get alot of brake dust build up.:laugh:

Lol another person that uses a leaf blower like me, I wash mine before each ride, and sometimes in between, with a bucket of soapy water and hose

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have never put a water hose to mine, I wipe it down before every ride with either a dry micro towel or with some pledge or some wax once or twice a year.

None of the answers fit me, my bike parks under a carport that has a dirt floor
and its not inclosed, so I hit mine with a quick spray wax before I ride it,just
to knock the dust off and the little birdy tracks where they sit on my seat

After every ride wash and detail her real good. Got a white bike so got to make sure all the dirt is off and ready for the next ride:thumbsup:

I clean mine whenever it gets dirty. that REALLY should have been an option on there.

Sometimes i wash it twice in a weekend, sometimes it goes a month or more without getting washed.

+1 If it gets dirty it gets washed at the earliest opportunity :thumbsup:

Before the babies....washed and waxed every ride. With the babies.....once a week......late at night......when all the children(and wife) are asleep. I miss the good ole days!:banghead

during riding season im on here every chance i get, shes my daily transportation for everything i dont need to haul something... so yeah she gets washed whenever im bored which isnt very often haha

Don't have a set schedule, whenever it's dirty I break out the soap, bucket, sponge, and rags. If I'm get caught in a rain storm it gets toweled down soon as it gets in the garage. I tend to do spot cleaning whenever I get the chance so my bike stays relatively clean

Just gave the lemon pledge treatment yesterday after a 12 degree ride. Have to get that salt off as best as I can. Now she looks brand new with a hint of lemon in the air

Back