how did you meet your significant other

I don't for a minute make light of what you've done, I'm a bit of an SOB myself. This conversation is about the fact that females, with determination and training, can attain miraculous accomplishments. There is an overlap with males what females can achieve. That's my point. Given the same training, yes some males can surpass, but to not appreciate a female's ability and determination is wrong to the furthest extent. The ridiculous assumption that women generally exist only to care and nourish males and children only, as has been insinuated in this thread, is atrocious.
In the end, females are females and males are males.....there is a huge difference in the two both mentally and physically.....and both have their attributes but we can' place a blind eye on the fact it exists...

In my former profession (unit) 1 in 50 applicants make it through, many females have applied and none made it....it's not because they weren't capable, it was that we had a standard and didn't lower it or alter it for females as is normally the case...our conventional military has adjusted their physical fitness testing to a level adjusted to the average female...fit men don't even find it a challenge but fit women struggle with it.

There are exceptions to every rule but there is a clear and definitive division between men and women that is genetic in nature and nothing or nobody can change that.

Look Alive Dog Show GIF by American Kennel Club

View attachment 1679465
Bark, bark.....

My wife calls me a dog sometimes......and I deserve it......

We in the west strive to impart our values and ethics to cultures around the world that in many if not all cases suffer from this....I spent a lot of time in countries where the old school traditional division between woman and man existed and it worked for them and has for millennia...who are we in the west to judge this? Pretty much any country where the west stuck it's nose into has big issues because we've changed their culture to such a point that it has gone toxic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we look at my situation for instance...I retired and am now the "house husband" and have taught myself to conduct all home operations...I cook, clean, do laundry, wash windows, kill spiders, cut grass, shovel snow, maintain the vehicles, do the grocery shopping while my wife goes to work every day....

When she comes home, I have supper ready so in essence, I have assumed the role of the traditional wife used to have....and I have zero issues with that.

When my former colleagues visit and find out I have assumed this role they raise they are surprised and often mention that I went a long way from a dangerous and skilled operator to a house-bunny.....we always laugh at that and I of course threaten to put them through a wall.......

However, I'm not tied to the house, if I want to go somewhere or do something, I go and do no questions asked.

My wife's dad (rest his soul) was an old school man, his wife was expected to care for the home and when he had his dinner, she dished it up and when he was finished, she took the plate away....that was their way...and both of them looked very happy.
I will share a couple of examples as well. I was friends (still am with her) a couple where the wife was Japanese. He was Caucasian. He has now passed, she is now 84. I knew them/him for 8 years. She doted on him like he was a King. In that household he was. He didn't bark orders, she just knew his routine and kept him very cared for and he always showed her gratitude for it. And when I came to visit (we often had coffee together), that was extended to me.

He passed. I continued to visit her after his death. She relished the fact that I'd still take time to socialize with her. She would have my coffee ready, down to what brand of Cream did I prefer (I had no preference). She'd call and offer me home cooked meals. I'd accept. She moved away to be closer to her daughter. We keep in touch to this day. She calls sometimes just to say she misses making my coffee.

My next one married a Filipina. Named Carmen. He was stationed there and brought her home. They've been married for 40 years now. He openly joked with her, that all he wanted was his LBFM (Little Brown Fuc$ Machine). She giggles at that. Then he said he got the rest of the deal too. She dotes on him. He totally wants for nothing when she's around.

Eddie man you have it made.

Tom I totally love it. But it comes at a price. They take pride in serving their husband. And for that they expect complete loyalty. If I ever so much as look at another woman, it ends quickly and badly for the man.

And lastly, I had a Thai assembly tech in my Shuttle Team. Her name was Teea. Married to the Safety Director in the program. Teea was one of my best techs. Her weakness was her grasp of English. She couldn't read prints or tech specs. But once she knew what she was supposed to do, she was as good as it gets for quality consistent work.

Scott invited me over to a Super Bowl party. Me and about 8 others. Teea made sure we were all fed, and comfortable. All by herself. When she was caught up, she'd come and literally sit on the floor by his feet and relax between his legs.

It made me uncomfortable a bit. After it was over I got into a convo with him. Thanked him for the invite and said it made me a little uncomfortable. Scott you shouldn't have your wife sit at your feet awaiting your next request.

He chuckled at me.

Tom I have never ever once asked her to do that. When we first started getting serious, she asked me if it would be alright if she did. She hasn't been asked in 20 years of marriage to do it. For 20 years she wants to. For her it's like holding hands with your lover. She is proud to care for me. Sorry that makes you uncomfortable. Feel free to ask Teea, you have my permission.

So I did. Yes Mr Tom that is my element. Keeping a good house and a comfortable husband I like doing more than anything else.

As you pointed out Bee, who the eff are we to judge them. If there is mutual happiness, it's really nobody else's business.

Last edited:
I will share a couple of examples as well. I was friends (still am with her) a couple where the wife was Japanese. He was Caucasian. He has now passed, she is now 84. I knew them/him for 8 years. She doted on him like he was a King. In that household he was. He didn't bark orders, she just knew his routine and kept him very cared for and he always showed her gratitude for it. And when I came to visit (we often had coffee together), that was extended to me.

He passed. I continued to visit her after his death. She relished the fact that I'd still take time to socialize with her. She would have my coffee ready, down to what brand of Cream did I prefer (I had no preference). She'd call and offer me home cooked meals. I'd accept. She moved away to be closer to her daughter. We keep in touch to this day. She calls sometimes just to say she misses making my coffee.

My next one married a Filipina. Named Carmen. He was stationed there and brought her home. They've been married for 40 years now. He openly joked with her, that all he wanted was his LBFM (Little Brown Fuc$ Machine). She giggles at that. Then he said he got the rest of the deal too. She dotes on him. He totally wants for nothing when she's around.

Eddie man you have it made.

Tom I totally love it. But it comes at a price. They take pride in serving their husband. And for that they expect complete loyalty. If I ever so much as look at another woman, it ends quickly and badly for the man.

And lastly, I had a Thai assembly tech in my Shuttle Team. Her name was Teea. Married to the Safety Director in the program. Teea was one of my best techs. Her weakness was her grasp of English. She couldn't read prints or tech specs. But once she knew what she was supposed to do, she was as good as it gets for quality consistent work.

Scott invited me over to a Super Bowl party. Me and about 8 others. Teea made sure we were all fed, and comfortable. All by herself. When she was caught up, she'd come and literally sit on the floor by his feet and relax between his legs.

It made me uncomfortable a bit. After it was over I got into a convo with him. Thanked him for the invite and said it made me a little uncomfortable. Scott you shouldn't have your wife sit at your feet awaiting your next request.

He chuckled at me.

Tom I have never ever once asked her to do that. When we first started getting serious, she asked me if it would be alright if she did. She hasn't been asked in 20 years of marriage to do it. For 20 years she wants to. For her it's like holding hands with your lover. She is proud to care for me. Sorry that makes you uncomfortable. Fell free to ask Teea, you have my permission.

So I did. Yes Mr Tom that is my element. Keeping a good house and a comfortable husband I like doing more than anything else.

As you pointed out Bee, who the eff are we to judge them. If there is mutual happiness, it's really nobody else's business.
I agree and have seen this sort of thing myself....

Our western culture is not healthy.....other cultures that we in the west look down upon have endured for millennia in pretty much the same fashion whereas ours is constantly changing...what works here doesn't work there but we as the west just can't understand that and strive to change their way of life and not ours.

There is a trend of men avoiding feminist western women and seeking out women from cultures that aren't vying for dominance in the relationship.

If a couple stay married for 10-20 yrs today, that is a miracle....in bygone times people stayed married to the same person their entire life...those people knew the secret....women and men had different roles....more wives were housewives while the man went to work to provide...they were equals and both had the same sort of responsibilities but in a different fashion.....and it worked.....

I read somewhere (I'll have to find it) where there is a trend to go back to that model......many young women would like to have a traditional marriage and be home makers again but the economic times won't allow this.

There is definitely a reason marriages aren't lasting anymore.....there are hundreds of web sites that go into why...I did a little research but won't post them here as there are just so many....it can be Goggled though if anyone was interested...

I agree and have seen this sort of thing myself....

Our western culture is not healthy.....other cultures that we in the west look down upon have endured for millennia in pretty much the same fashion whereas ours is constantly changing...what works here doesn't work there but we as the west just can't understand that and strive to change their way of life and not ours.

There is a trend of men avoiding feminist western women and seeking out women from cultures that aren't vying for dominance in the relationship.

If a couple stay married for 10-20 yrs today, that is a miracle....in bygone times people stayed married to the same person their entire life...those people knew the secret....women and men had different roles....more wives were housewives while the man went to work to provide...they were equals and both had the same sort of responsibilities but in a different fashion.....and it worked.....

I read somewhere (I'll have to find it) where there is a trend to go back to that model......many young women would like to have a traditional marriage and be home makers again but the economic times won't allow this.

There is definitely a reason marriages aren't lasting anymore.....there are hundreds of web sites that go into why...I did a little research but won't post them here as there are just so many....it can be Goggled though if anyone was interested...
Yep.

I still meet Western women that don't like the new world they are being pushed into.

You also have those that use it as a pathway into gold digging. If I just take care of his needs I get access to his $$.

And that works for those that it does.

My experience in that realm is, they want to think they are offering you a Ferrari to play with. But in reality, they usually have a salvage title, 10 previous owners, and a lot of serious costly repairs coming up, and the odometer has been rolled back.

In the end, females are females and males are males.....there is a huge difference in the two both mentally and physically.....and both have their attributes but we can' place a blind eye on the fact it exists...

In my former profession (unit) 1 in 50 applicants make it through, many females have applied and none made it....it's not because they weren't capable, it was that we had a standard and didn't lower it or alter it for females as is normally the case...our conventional military has adjusted their physical fitness testing to a level adjusted to the average female...fit men don't even find it a challenge but fit women struggle with it.

There are exceptions to every rule but there is a clear and definitive division between men and women that is genetic in nature and nothing or nobody can change that.
You bring up another key point. Lowering of standards brings about a lower standard result. Welcome to America. Not sure if it's also a Canadian thing.

You bring up another key point. Lowering of standards brings about a lower standard result. Welcome to America. Not sure if it's also a Canadian thing.
It most definitely is a Canadian thing as well..

The special forces refuse to lower their standards as that gets people killed really fast but the conventional forces have lowered their standards to the point of being combat ineffective...

Yep.

I still meet Western women that don't like the new world they are being pushed into.

You also have those that use it as a pathway into gold digging. If I just take care of his needs I get access to his $$.

And that works for those that it does.

My experience in that realm is, they want to think they are offering you a Ferrari to play with. But in reality, they usually have a salvage title, 10 previous owners, and a lot of serious costly repairs coming up, and the odometer has been rolled back.
Economic times have driven most of what is taking place in the west....and has been for decades....

A single family income just won't support a family anymore so both parents have to work which leads to all sorts of issues including how the kids are raised...

Economic times have driven most of what is taking place in the west....and has been for decades....

A single family income just won't support a family anymore so both parents have to work which leads to all sorts of issues including how the kids are raised...
Then you meet single moms trying to hold it all together! There are a lot of tightly wound main springs these days. No wonder people lose their minds and do crazy things.

All I can say about the harmony you guys are touching on is you can take the words male and female out of it. Every relationship has its own chemistry and each human has tendencies and strengths. In other words it’s not, in my opinion, a man/woman thing, it’s a chemistry thing.

All I can say about the harmony you guys are touching on is you can take the words male and female out of it. Every relationship has its own chemistry and each human has tendencies and strengths. In other words it’s not, in my opinion, a man/woman thing, it’s a chemistry thing.
If we delve far enough into this concept, even plutonic room mates can have this sort of chemistry and co-habit in harmony....when I was deployed I sometimes I had a room mate of whom I didn't have the urge to throw through a wall......most times......

But we are talking about a traditional relationship between a man and woman and how it has changed over the generations.

If we delve far enough into this concept, even plutonic room mates can have this sort of chemistry and co-habit in harmony....when I was deployed I sometimes I had a room mate of whom I didn't have the urge to throw through a wall......most times......

But we are talking about a traditional relationship between a man and woman and how it has changed over the generations.
I think you may have missed my point. I'm not talking about taking the gender out as in homosexual relationships. I'm referring to a male/female relationship, but the societal roles to not apply in any regard. Each person has their own tendencies, and the chemistry works or it doesn't. I guess I'm saying that the leadership role, if there is one in a relationship, has nothing to do with gender.

I think you may have missed my point. I'm not talking about taking the gender out as in homosexual relationships. I'm referring to a male/female relationship, but the societal roles to not apply in any regard. Each person has their own tendencies, and the chemistry works or it doesn't. I guess I'm saying that the leadership role, if there is one in a relationship, has nothing to do with gender.
I did in fact miss that point...

I agree...

I was station at McDill AFB in 1986's and met her on a tiny little island in Tampa Bay when a bunch of people showed up on boats. Spent my last dollars on 2 quarts of beer and froze my nutz off spending the night on a lounge chair on the beach. She left before it got dark the day before but did write her phone number in the sand. I called it and was married in 90 days before heading off to West Germany. Back then I was telling folks I was going to marry a French chick LOL.

Last edited:
I was station at McDill AFB in 1986's and met her on a tiny little island in Tampa Bay when a bunch of people showed up on boats. Spent my last dollars on 2 quarts of beer and froze my nutz off spending the night on a lounge chair on the beach. She left before it got dark the day before but did write her phone number in the sand. I called it and was married in 90 days before heading off to West Germany. Back then I was telling folks I was going to marry a French chick LOL.
Hi. 2 of the last 3 at the place where I wash my work close.

Back