Hayabusa for starter bike?

with all the recent fatal crashes, I would advise you to start out on a Katana 600 or something like that, so you can get the feel of riding a sport bike. A couple years on that, and then you may be ready for a GSXR750, or something like that. A couple years on that, then you may be ready for the beast... but even still, you'd better have the uttmost respect for this machine or you could find yourself in ICU or at worst, in a coffin....seriously.

The original poster is all gone, our good advice chased him away. But this thread will be around for any searchers with the same question. Another job well done guys :beerchug:

A stupid question gets honest answers. Hopefully we chased him off to a SV forum, then he will be back in a couple years thanking us for our wise reponses.

i think if you have to ask this question u already know the answer...... in case u r n denial ill help u out...... DO NOT BUY A BUSA AS A FIRST BIKE!!!! most that i have heard of either wind up being thrown off or rear end a car / take a ditch to avoid rear ending someone

you can kill yourself just as fast on a 600 as you can on a busa the bike only does what you tell it. Just ride safe and within your means.

Man I sure wouldn't wanna learn to dos and don'ts of todays road on a bike. It is so much more dangerous out there. It really don't matter how mature you are or how safe you gonna be. Takes time to learn the road and best to do it on a bike that gives you a little more play room per say.

There are company's who rent sport bikes and have up to minimum of 15years riding experience to rent a bike like the Busa.

He's a link to one company...

Motorcycle rentals and tours USA / canada toll-free +1 888-849-4098 international +1 949 579 9422

There is a good reason why these company's have such strict rules.

Good Luck!

Man I sure wouldn't wanna learn to dos and don'ts of todays road on a bike. It is so much more dangerous out there. It really don't matter how mature you are or how safe you gonna be. Takes time to learn the road and best to do it on a bike that gives you a little more play room per say.

There are company's who rent sport bikes and have up to minimum of 15years riding experience to rent a bike like the Busa.

He's a link to one company...

Motorcycle rentals and tours USA / canada toll-free +1 888-849-4098 international +1 949 579 9422

There is a good reason why these company's have such strict rules.

Good Luck!
As I am cruising that page about the renting I see a link to the Famous Pashnit.com!!! :cheerleader:

Man let me tell ya a busa was my first bike, as long as you have a TON of respect for the bike and learn and practice how to ride it you will be fine. BUT if you act like an Idiot you will regret it later, the bike is VERy powerful and is nothing like a 600 or 750 it will take advantage of you if you let it... just practice riding in an open area where there isn't any cars and learn from other people. BE SAFE!

Back