Hayabusa for starter bike?

jkalex05

Registered
I have always wanted a bike but had always been into cars... now I want one for a weekend toy...

I have an 01 Corvette that a friend wants to take over payments and give me a new Hayabusa for a trade.

Im 22 years old but don't have any experience for motorcycles for atleast a couple years when I drove a friends bike.

Any suggestions if I should take the busa and take it slow for the first couple thousand miles.. :laugh:

or... Should I get something like a GXR700R?

I mean how much more safer would a GXR600R be? All motorcycles are dangerous, if your mature and respect the bike it shouldn't be a problem.

Number of riders that bought a Busa as a first bike that discourage it: 65%

Number of riders that did not buy a Busa as a first bike and discourage it 90%+

Taken from the thread that I posted a link to above:whistle:

I don't plan on going out there and acting like ghostrider my first day out... and I want something that looks appealing aswell.

you need a min of 3 yrs exp riding bikes before getting a busa.
i been riding for almost 4 years now and had the busa for 4 months and i still learn something new almost every time i ride this bike.

if your a beginner bike rider
start out with a 250cc sports bike
or a 600cc cruiser bike

get at least 1 year of exp before you move up to something bigger.

othere then that your going to kill your self.

In my short time on this site I've already seen this question asked numerous times, so my answer is a big fat NO! An Hayabusa shouldn't be your first bike IMO but seeing as it's a relatively free world you can ride what you like. There are potentially huge consequences of riding a bike this powerful with such little experience, I don't care how mature you are.

You have driven a car, so you are definitely ready for a Busa, don't forget to add turbo, enjoy.

(Soon to be one less American idiot :moon:)

:rofl:

I have always wanted a bike but had always been into cars... now I want one for a weekend toy...

I have an 01 Corvette that a friend wants to take over payments and give me a new Hayabusa for a trade.

Im 22 years old but don't have any experience for motorcycles for atleast a couple years when I drove a friends bike.

Any suggestions if I should take the busa and take it slow for the first couple thousand miles.. :laugh:

or... Should I get something like a GXR700R?
Why waste time? Lifes too short, get what you obviously want now :laugh:
Don't listen to the nancy boys and safety nazi's, if you can balance on 2 wheels you can ride a busa :thumbsup:
btw whats a GXR700R? a quad???

Last edited:
Back