Best starter bike

Sv's are a great choice. minimal fairings.. just get sliders.. plus there are two choices.  650cc or 1000cc the latter easily dust 600's and 750's in a light to light race.. and did i mention the Sound..  of a sport twin.. your choice..

Naked or half Naked.
Imagestation.com closed, link removed

Just take it easy.. and use common sense..

Ya I'm definatly liking the SV600, and I did want a Suzuki I''m probobly gonna grab me one of those. They're pretty cheap too.

SV650 , not just a beginners bike either, they are tons of fun!

I will tell you all my secret little fantasy which would also double as a very fun beginners bike....
drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

dr-z400sm_black_rhs_1024.jpg

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

In fact I need this bike... I need a bike I can haul ass to the store on and just throw it down on the sidewalk while I run it. I can cut thru a few yards then get the tires warmed up and hit a few twisties. Welp guess I better get shopping.
tounge.gif

DRz400SM...  damn.. looks like fun.. i would love to test ride one of those.. Curb hopping.. hehehe.. launch off a ..(insert word) .. hmmm..   cheap insurance..  how much coin OTD..

Bent valve.. im with you..looks interesting. first thing id change out would be the Head Lights.. what do u think.?

Unless you are going to buy something used, don't throw your money away. Buy what you want right off jump street and ride responsibly. If you buy something new, then try to trade up when you realize you want something else you will loose an assload of money. The Busa does require a bit of restraint at times, but it is not the uncontrollable, fire-breathing monster some folks seem to play it up to be. It's mostly in your wrist and between the ears. ALL bikes have the ability to hurt you if they are not ridden correctly, just some cost a bit more to fix when you crash 'em.

Unless you are going to buy something used, don't throw your money away. Buy what you want right off jump street and ride responsibly. If you buy something new, then try to trade up when you realize you want something else you will loose an assload of money. The Busa does require a bit of restraint at times, but it is not the uncontrollable, fire-breathing monster some folks seem to play it up to be. It's mostly in your wrist and between the ears. ALL bikes have the ability to hurt you if they are not ridden correctly, just some cost a bit more to fix when you crash 'em.
I agree with Bronc3

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118120046 -->

Im with moondog...an sv650 or comparable bike is basically the new entry level ride. the new 600s are ridiculous to even consider. had an interceptor 800 for my first ride....moreso for the size issue (being 6'3" 200lb+) than for power. i just didnt fit on anything smaller!

Finally FAKK said it.
The ultimate in 'starter' bikes has got to be the SV650S by our favorite manufacturer. Not a rocket like the Busa, 750 or 600 would be for a beginner. But equaly satisfying on any track in North America. You can corner those babies like nothing else. They are much narrower then its inline counter-parts and super-light making it an excellent track day bike.
You get one. Ride it and learn to ride. Trade up when the time comes and your feeling comfortable with your riding.
You can not go wrong with the SV650S. Unless your a big rider as someone else suggested earlier. Then get the SV1000S - again not as punchy as the inlines - but gobs of torque and fun!
.....just my $.02
smile.gif
(the salesman rests....)

Rx8busa, do you have any riding experience?  If not, I would first recommend taking a riding course, they start you out with a 125cc or 250cc depending on location.  If you like the course, and the 250cc felt ok a 600c, not a ninja would be a  good starter bike.  Not everyone can handle a Busa as their first, and I personally wouldn't recommend it.  Better to be safe than sorry.
The Busa is an awesome bike and meant to be riden with performance in mind, since you're just trying to get around , I'm assuming in traffic because of your new location, start with something smaller that's more maneuverable. My .02

BigK

<!--EDIT|BigK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118370122 -->

Back