Hayabusa for starter bike?

Hope the guys didn't scare you away, they really do mean well.

1. Sign yourself up for a riders safety course, they usually provide you with a bike.

2. Get a USED 500-650cc bike of your liking in style,
3. Upgrade when ready to a 750cc,
4. Then again to a 1000+cc,
5. Then to anything your heart desires...

Chose wisely, check your ego at the door, and HAVE FUN :thumbsup:

Hope the guys didn't scare you away, they really do mean well.

1. Sign yourself up for a riders safety course, they usually provide you with a bike.

2. Get a USED 500-650cc bike of your liking in style,

Chose wisely, check your ego at the door, and HAVE FUN :thumbsup:

I would recommend nothing bigger than a 600 (4 cylinder) until the "chicken strips" are gone. You can skip the 750s then you can hop on a Busa, then hop on a 1000. You can get killed way easier on a 1000 than a Busa. The Busa is no way near as violent as a new liter bike.

get a hayabusa as a first bike---go for it but I would add some dry Nitrous and a turbo. :cheerleader:

You want appeal, for a 1st bike??? get this:

Ducati Desmosedici RR:
Ducati.com

Basically the same bike Loris Caparossi and Sete Gibernau rode during their 2006 campaign. but if you wait one more year, you'll get the one with the Casey Stoner updates from his 2007 GP bike.

I recommend the Desmo as a first bike to ALL 1st time riders. 200 rwhp won't get you killed, yet, should be just enough to give you a few kicks. You'll also have traction control so you can go into any corner, like a 7-11 for example, and open it WFO and the ECU will make sure you don't spin her up and wreck. This will teach you careful throttle control because the Busa doesn't have TRACTION CONTROL. After a year of getting used to the power and handling, THEN, get the Hayabusa.

displayimage.php

Last edited:
[URL="
- newby hits a tree on an SV650[/URL]
Yep, the Busa would have been a much better bet for his first bike...

I think he spent his $10 in attention trying to stay upright.. he went overdrawn on the clutch release..

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one do not think a Hayabusa is a good starter bike, I think you should go get a zx-14 so when you phuck it up, the very nice Hayabusa you did not tear up is still being happy in the garage.

If you want a busa, can afford a busa and its insurance, then go buy one...we aren't yer daddies here.

I refuse to tell someone not to do something while riding my turbo gix around on bald tires :poke::rofl:

- newby hits a tree on an SV650[/url]

what in the world was he thinking. did no one tell him where to brake was.

I love how right before the tree he panics and throttles it. Can you imagine if that was a busa and he panic throttled it:deadhorse:

Last edited by a moderator:
hope the guys didn't scare you away, they really do mean well.

2. Get a used 500-650cc bike of your liking in style,

Chose wisely, check your ego at the door, and have fun :thumbsup:

yes 5 x

If you like the sportbike look, you might want to check into a Katana.

They are a decent starter bike, fairly inexpensive, and because they are a Suzuki, some of the specialized tools come in handy on a Busa (when you decide to upgrade)...also the riding posture is a bit more upright.

I would think you would be ok assuming that you have paid and insured your vette with money you have earned. If you think you show enough restraint to not kill yourself go thats half of what you need... the other half is learning how to avoid all those folks out there that are trying to kill you lol.

Take a MSF course, it could save your life.

All this ball busting is really just us trying to save you some money as well as help you become a better rider. The Busa was my first/only bike. I thought I was a decent rider. And for where I live, I am. But then I took her down to the Dragon and found out bad of a rider I really am. When you start on a smaller bike, it lets you learn how to handle the bike to it's fullest potential. It's alot easier to learn on a bike that is only a couple hundred pounds than it is on the Busa which is about 500 lbs. It really isn't the horsepower that will kill ya. It's the not knowing how to handle the bike that will give you the dirt nap:beerchug:

Back