buying a hayabusa for starters

sorry I didn't read it all b4 posting. THE LAST thing u need to worry about is how fast this thing will accelerate and how fast it goes. The answer is faster than u need to go. I am worried that u won't make it to 21 and if u do that u'll have drinks and ride (good buddy died that way). BE CAREFUL
U also missed the troll part  
whistling.gif
laugh.gif

Here's a tip to make your "new" Busa much more easier/safer to learn on. Install some swingarm extentions and lower it alittle. The increased wheelbase and lower center of gravity will help the bike not lift as easy. If you stay within a 6" stretch it won't affect handling too much.  After you ride the Bus awhile, then take the extentions off and see how it goes.  

Warning: Lowering&extending a Busa can make the bike look wicked and can lead to a common disease called "Blingitis". Which makes you start chroming, polishing and painting everything in sight.  I suffer from this so i know all about it.    
cool.gif

My busa was my first bike. But I wanted it because I ride 300 miles a week just commuting back and forth to work. And I like to ride long distances on weekends. I wanted a comfortable bike for long rides without have the large payments that comes with most cruisers. There are an number of downsides because I started the busa, I never learned to wheelie, I am not aggressive in turns, when riding with my sportbike friends in a group I always ride in the back, as I fit better with the cruiser crown than the sportbike community. Its all in your riding style, thats what you should consider when purchasing a bike. Forget about engine size, hypersport and what not. Ask yourself why am I thinking of buying this bike. If its because you want to be the baddest Mofo on 2 wheels the busa is not for you. No, bike is good for you because, you are going to try and do way to much too soon and even on a 600 bad things will happen.

sadnews.gif
Since everyone else is gonna ignore page 4 I guess I will too.  

Ok, Buying a busa for your first bike is the best idea I have ever heard.  
thumb_up.gif

Here are some good tips
ThumbsUp.gif

1: Be very careful the first time you put it in Formula One mode.  You'll now it's securely in by the F1 light on dash.

2: If you NEED FULL power (like racing the almighty CBR1000) pull clutch, rev engine to 9,000rpm and DUMP THE CLUTCH.

3: SSHHH! this ones secret....
shutup.gif
 use.. never mind shouldn't go there
laugh.gif

hey 99busa, let me know how you like that 1397 with the 385/385 cams I was talking to mark about that very same thing. but im worried about it overheating when i go to myrtle

hey 99busa, let me know how you like that 1397 with the 385/385 cams I was talking to mark about that very same thing.  but im worried about it overheating when i go to myrtle
your brian, i was just talking to billy today about you. he told me you were still contemplating the 1397.

ya man ill let ya know. I told em i wanted 385 385 cams and they said that is what they like to put in their 1397 kits anyway. anymore than that is not much point.

hijack.gif
lets just threadjack the crap out of this thread.

anyday now my cams should be in. billy was cleaning my heads up today so soon as the cams come in my stuff will be rollin the next day
ukliam3.gif

Man, I'm going through busa withdrws. so im gonna ride as long as its over 40* and no snow, ice, or rain
woot.gif

I'm putting 16/43 sprockets on
super.gif

chris

oohhh and about the over heating thing. run engine ice and or heat wrap your headers. i just heat wrapped my header and have pic if you want em
beerchug.gif

Back