GUN CONTROL........ hahaha

I should point out that I HAVE cut down an inmate that was trying to hang himself... saved his life...… I got a commendation for it....... (but no bonus)... jk…QUOTE]
What did you cut him down with and what was it doing in the cell?

inmate used his bedsheet to try to hang himself... and I used my suicide prevention knife that is on the block(state issued equipment) to cut him down.... I was doing my rounds/ saw him hanging there and keyed my way into the cell and cut him down.... PS.... we aren't supposed to ever go into a cell alone(it could be a setup),,,,, but I did... and im glad I did.

I have been following this thread, biting my tongue and keeping quiet.
But to say that guns do not need to be tightly regulated is hard to understand based on the current statistics.
Whilst I understand the rights of ownership and freedom, I also respect the rights of others to live and exist without the fear or threat of being shot by Mr or Mrs John Citizen. Law enforcement personnel is a totally different matter, (although even then is clouded by bad examples of the said personnel)

To say that regulation is not required and it's societies fault, (mental illness, bad attitude, or just bad people) without looking at the bigger picture is blind denial.

I am happy to admit I do not understand the gun culture in the USA.
I do not understand the rationale of Mr Citizen being able to walk down a public street with a handgun concealed on his person.
I do not understand the need for semi-assault style rifles being made available to Mr Citizen

And to add final, up until 2 years ago, I was a competitive shooter in 12 gauge with quite a few trophies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb 14, 2019

Capture.JPG

FEBRUARY 5, 2019

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

How quickly can you drop a magazine and put in another??
Pretty quick.
Ever seen speed shooters?
Ever seen speed shooters...with a revolver?
They are Fast.
And anyone who truly wants to become efficient at anything, almost always does.
So magazine capacity becomes almost irrelevant in an active shooter situation.
You want a real "deadly weapon"?
Just grab that old 30. o6 huntin rifle.
In a hallway(you know, inside, where most cowards shoot unarmed people), with say, 7 rounds, semi-auto.
One round is going to go through multiple people. An AR's knockdown has nothing on that.
These pos shooters are buying guns that look like the ones they are so awesome using in the video games they play.
And buying the guns that they've seen other pos shooters use.
It's the cool factor for them.

tell you how old I am, I qualified with a revolver and speed shooters :)

I have been following this thread, biting my tongue and keeping quiet.
But to say that guns do not need to be tightly regulated is hard to understand based on the current statistics.

How about we regulate the mental health and medications that people are on.. I think that we can all agree with that since as long as I can remember these shootings have been acted on by people that were diagnosed with mental illness or they are taking heavy medications for symptoms of mental illness...

Can we all agree to start there?

Cap

How about we regulate the mental health and medications that people are on.. I think that we can all agree with that since as long as I can remember these shootings have been acted on by people that were diagnosed with mental illness or they are taking heavy medications for symptoms of mental illness...

Can we all agree to start there?

Cap
They are regulated, albeit with very poor enforcement, but they are also highly over prescribed. Along with most other drugs.
But yes, you are spot on with your suggestion of that as a starting place.

Something you never hear in the mainstream media is how many innocent lives are saved by law abiding people using guns against home invaders, rapists, car jackers, mass shooters, and other crazy people. Even people that used guns to save police officers that were being attacked.

I follow a few progun sites and I hear these stories pretty much daily. If the bad guys know the good people do not own guns there is no deterrent for them breaking in your house or robbing you on the street. Why do you think most mass shootings are on gun free zones...

Something you never hear in the mainstream media is how many innocent lives are saved by law abiding people using guns against home invaders, rapists, car jackers, mass shooters, and other crazy people. Even people that used guns to save police officers that were being attacked.

I follow a few progun sites and I hear these stories pretty much daily. If the bad guys know the good people do not own guns there is no deterrent for them breaking in your house or robbing you on the street. Why do you think most mass shootings are on gun free zones...

Frankly, I don't think progun sites are a reliable source of statistics. I think many of these incidents go unreported, and when they result in a shooting they may actually be counted negatively as a private citizen shooting. I would be very interested in a scientific study on the effectiveness of a gun as a means of personal safety. But given bad shoots, accidental discharges and suicides, I don't think guns are going to fare well.

I also don't buy the criminals will have guns argument. Right now it's crazy how easy it is for a punk to get a gun. There are always going to be really bad, connected people but removing the flood of guns in the general population will reduce gun violence significantly.

Of course all of these rationalizations are a smoke screen. I think people are arming themselves for the end of the world (figuratively speaking) and nothing is going to stop them.

Frankly, I don't think progun sites are a reliable source of statistics. I think many of these incidents go unreported, and when they result in a shooting they may actually be counted negatively as a private citizen shooting. I would be very interested in a scientific study on the effectiveness of a gun as a means of personal safety. But given bad shoots, accidental discharges and suicides, I don't think guns are going to fare well.

I also don't buy the criminals will have guns argument. Right now it's crazy how easy it is for a punk to get a gun. There are always going to be really bad, connected people but removing the flood of guns in the general population will reduce gun violence significantly.

Of course all of these rationalizations are a smoke screen. I think people are arming themselves for the end of the world (figuratively speaking) and nothing is going to stop them.
Most are verifiable. A lot of local newspapers and a lot if video proof. You can research each incident to verify if you have the time. Also a gun ban would create a large black market for guns. Criminals would have them and law abiding people would become criminals because they don't want to be without one.

Lots of people want to justify a gun ban "get them all off the streets". The first question I ask them is how did Prohibition work out for us back in the 20's and 30's? How is the war on drugs working out for us. If you ban something and there is still a strong demand it just increases the black market and the criminal element. We'll be making more OT for Ali123:D.

There are many different estimates on defensive use of a gun numbers but this paper is a good start https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6853&context=jclc

Estimates by the gun grabber groups are in the 70,000 a year range. The high estimates are about 2.5 million a year. I would bet the truth is some where in between. One of the problems of getting a solid number is that so many of the uses/encounters are never reported to police.

My Uncle was approached by 3 males in the parking lot of a sporting goods store after he purchased a long gun (still in the box) when he turned and faced them the pistol on his hip became visible and they decided to move on. No words were exchanged and the gun never cleared the holster so noting to report but odds are it kept my Uncle from being robbed that day.

I don't follow. The "flood" of guns (which is hundreds of millions of guns owned by law abiding people), would appear to be the ones NOT contributing to gun violence.

Who said anything about race? Rich black people get away with stuff also.

Well...you kinda implied it...
"Only poor people and minorities pay for crime, both as perps and victims. Everyone else gets off. "

Hi. alt123. No I was stabbed in my hand on my first mission we got shot down and shot up real good 3 wonded another bird came down but not enough room for me I was almost over run. My 60 was out my 45 had i round left for me. A g--k was out too but was charging with knife. He was a fast rice perpealed b---- . I had only my hands he is not with his family anymore. A gunship passed over with 2.5 rockets,pushed the rest back. An slick landed pick me up. I was awarded a purple hart and a bronze star with a V. My 2 of 56 medals I was awarded. It was a very long story.

So Michael, what's YOUR perspective on all of this? Do you think the incorrectly labeled "assault rifle" should be banned and a pistol is enough, or are you a 2A supporter?

Well...you kinda implied it...
"Only poor people and minorities pay for crime, both as perps and victims. Everyone else gets off. "
Maybe a hit dog hollering? Lol!

That was a statement of fact, that's all. It's playing the race card to then take that and say I accused someone of being a racist (unless they do actually discriminate against the poor and minorities). I played a fact card, you're playing the race card.

Back