Gun Control

No government, or criminal, should ever think about taking mine....

I dont have kids. your gonna compare a cop who leaves his gun out in the open at a public gun range to a the gun that was locked in my car in my driveway on my property in the middle of nowhere at night on a street with no street parking and no street lights 30 miles from any city. Really? dont be a retard!

The scene may have been different but the act was the same. You both forgot where your gun was.

"MORE GUNS IN THE HANDS OF HONEST FOLKS RESULTS IN LESS CRIME". then explain why the USA has more gun violence then any civilized nation in the world? Is it because we have more guns or less guns then any civilized nation? Which is it?

I really dont think it has as much to do with guns as it does our society as a whole and the influences around us. Kids grow up now with Call of Duty on their Xbox and zero respect or real world exp with guns. We are bombarded 24/7 on 500 channels of cable tv with violence and making criminals with guns look cool. We are constantly pounded with violent news making us think it the norm. The amount of guns I dont think influences the amount of crime. It is the mentality of the possesors that do that. Just think around 50 million gun owners DID NOT COMMIT A CRIME today. :)

32 Number of states in the US that allow ANYONE to purchase firearms without an ID or criminal background check

40 Percent of gun sales in the US occur without an ID or background check requirement

40 Percent of American households that contain both children and guns

I'd like to address these 3.
1-If you mean I can buy a used gun from a private seller without ID or backround check in 32 states ok but if you're saying I can buy a new or used gun from a FFL holder in 32 states without ID or Bc than I ask you to cite where you got this as it does not sound true?
2-If I sell a gun to my brother it falls into this category. If I sell a gun to good friend it is same. If I gift a gun it is same. Many private sales are fine. Yes some transactions put guns in the wrong hands but the majority of them are honest sales.
3-SO WHAT! I would hope that 100% of the homes that have kids in them would have a gun. At least the kids would be safe :)
It is a felony in Florida to leave a firearm within easy reach of a child and believe me they do prosecute for it here regularly. Proper care and concern obv should be exercised but who cares if there is a kid and a gun in the same home?

Those 3 things seem to be worded to create misunderstanding. The rest I cant argue with.

the only real way to combat guns getting in the hands of criminals is to impliment guns that will only work with one individual with the use of a palm print for the gun to work. the technology exists but its too expensive but that would not stop all the guns that are already out there. there is no viable solution period.

It would be too expensive and as with all things there would be counter measures to nullify the palm print requirement. Some hacker would crack it. Someone would make and sell silicon thin palm prints.
What is needed is too publicly demonstrate the punishment and it needs to be severe.

The scene may have been different but the act was the same. You both forgot where your gun was.

I really dont think it has as much to do with guns as it does our society as a whole and the influences around us. Kids grow up now with Call of Duty on their Xbox and zero respect or real world exp with guns. We are bombarded 24/7 on 500 channels of cable tv with violence and making criminals with guns look cool. We are constantly pounded with violent news making us think it the norm. The amount of guns I dont think influences the amount of crime. It is the mentality of the possesors that do that. Just think around 50 million gun owners DID NOT COMMIT A CRIME today. :)

I'd like to address these 3.
1-If you mean I can buy a used gun from a private seller without ID or backround check in 32 states ok but if you're saying I can buy a new or used gun from a FFL holder in 32 states without ID or Bc than I ask you to cite where you got this as it does not sound true?
2-If I sell a gun to my brother it falls into this category. If I sell a gun to good friend it is same. If I gift a gun it is same. Many private sales are fine. Yes some transactions put guns in the wrong hands but the majority of them are honest sales.
3-SO WHAT! I would hope that 100% of the homes that have kids in them would have a gun. At least the kids would be safe :)
It is a felony in Florida to leave a firearm within easy reach of a child and believe me they do prosecute for it here regularly. Proper care and concern obv should be exercised but who cares if there is a kid and a gun in the same home?

Those 3 things seem to be worded to create misunderstanding. The rest I cant argue with.

It would be too expensive and as with all things there would be counter measures to nullify the palm print requirement. Some hacker would crack it. Someone would make and sell silicon thin palm prints.
What is needed is too publicly demonstrate the punishment and it needs to be severe.
cant really argue with any that. touche

Wonder how many firearms put in the hands of criminals are illegally imported. Add the stupidity of a person who leaves theirs in reach to be taking non violently...

Back