Gun Control

Tekken you ask us to show you how it is safer to carry than to not do so.
FBI and doj crime statistics clearly show that everywhere in the USA where concealed carry has been enacted the crime rates have gone down.
Also you say 88% of homicides are gun related. I'd like you to cite the place where you got that because it seems high?

Other than that we can agree to disagree.

On top of that how many gun related death's involved both parties having a gun?

Isn't it Switzerland where practically every household has a firearm in it and has some of the lowest murder rates with a firearm then anywhere in the world?

On top of that how many gun related death's involved both parties having a gun?

Also based on the info provided in the OP link how many were not police involved. It seems the police involved shootings were added into the stats.

Isn't it Switzerland where practically every household has a firearm in it and has some of the lowest murder rates with a firearm then anywhere in the world?

Good point.
But anyway and no matter what Britain SUCKS because nowhere can you get more than three ice cubes in your drink?
I mean wtf? I ask for a large coke with ice and get two flippin cubes? I ask for fries and get soggy 'chips'?
Who cares about gun ownership as it would only apply to citizens one which I'll never be.

And Tekken I've lived in London. Travelled extensively thru your country and thru Heathrow more times than I want to remember.
Not a pro but I've got enough knowledge to know you guys are cheap on ice :laugh:

Tekken you ask us to show you how it is safer to carry than to not do so.
FBI and doj crime statistics clearly show that everywhere in the USA where concealed carry has been enacted the crime rates have gone down.
Also you say 88% of homicides are gun related. I'd like you to cite the place where you got that because it seems high?

Other than that we can agree to disagree.
I think that's absolutely right Blanca...and to be expected I think. And I suppose that statistic alone does support the notion that less gun control is partially protective over here, I will concede that. As I have said repeatedly, and been repeatedly ignored, I do not think gun control of any kind would be advisable here. It's unenforceable for one thing because, as has been shown here, Americans believe passionately in their constitutional right to bear arms, and also there are so bloody many guns out there that only the bad guys would have them. My argument isn't for the US to adopt our regulations, it is against other countries adopting yours!

Once the floodgate has been opened, there is no going back. Your point that England controlled half the world at the point of a rifle is well taken, but there is much more to it than that I think. Europeans in general, and the British in particular, are by nature more belligerent and confrontational than Americans. It is the first thing I notice when I go home and the first my brothers notice when they come here. That's not to say we're tougher or more capable in a fight, just that we have a shorter fuse. If we had the same gun laws there as you have here there'd be firefights in the streets every day. I have absolutely no doubt of that. The old saying that "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is true, but the ease of obtaining a gun here makes resorting to deadly force far more likely, I think we can all at least agree on that. It makes basic sense and is reflected in the homicide stats.

If England adopted your gun control regulations and abandoned theirs, our homicide rate would be WAY above yours within 12 months I believe. Ya know, just sayin'!

But anyway and no matter what Britain SUCKS because nowhere can you get more than three ice cubes in your drink?
I mean wtf? I ask for a large coke with ice and get two flippin cubes? I ask for fries and get soggy 'chips'?
Who cares about gun ownership as it would only apply to citizens one which I'll never be.

And Tekken I've lived in London. Travelled extensively thru your country and thru Heathrow more times than I want to remember.
Not a pro but I've got enough knowledge to know you guys are cheap on ice :laugh:
On THOSE points Blanca, as someone who loves America dearly and in may ways is a spoiled American, I totally and wholeheartedly agree mate! In fact, the next bloke who refuses to give me ice cubes when I go over there gets a bullet in his ear!

There was a time when Britains were allowed to own handguns same as Aussies so do your research.
Were there shootings in the streets everywhere and everyday? I don't think so.

You're buying into the liberal argument that it will be mayhem if honest folks carry and more guns are out there.
The population as a whole in any country I trust can control themselves.
But yes you Brits are quick on the cuff to jump folks. :)

Now I'm off to get a Big Gulp of Pepsi with 267 ice cubes in it :)

Brilliant...wanna maybe nip over to Dallas and take my fairings off for me then? There's an ice cube in it for ya!

If you come to Dallas, I will take you to the range then we can work on bikes, drink beer and I'll put something on the BBQ.

I own a bunch of guns and have a concealed handgun license. I would hate for any of my 2nd amendment rights to be taken away. As far as firearms being outlawed in other countries it just depends, if you outlaw firearms criminals will still find a way to get them. Mexico has very strict gun control policies and look at the crime they have with the Cartels who shoot up towns almost every day, Switzerland has a huge percentage of people with guns and has very little crime. In the US if you have a pretty bad record you may not be able to purchase a firearm so if you like to get drunk and do stupid things chances are you may not own one anyway. As far as people whom are responsible and like to be able to defend themselves and pass a proper background check, I don't see the problem.

If you come to Dallas, I will take you to the range then we can work on bikes, drink beer and I'll put something on the BBQ.

Heck if you throw another brisket on the smoker I will come to Dallas!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tekken please cite real stats and not ones from a British paper written by a Californian.
Neither could be objective in their points of view.

Look at the number of guns in this country. Roughly 50,000,000. Maybe more?
Divide that into your number of 15,000. Comes out to be .0003%. That is figure extremely small.
3 ten thousandths of a percent of guns/gun owners act wrong with guns. Nowhere near enough to convince the masses of good folks to give them up.

Did you not read the link? Less gun control = less crime. More gun control = more crime. Its not a hard concept to understand. The stats back it up.
Really? do u have any idea what ur even talking about? apparently not. where do u think criminals get their guns from? do you have any idea? u think they go into gun stores to buy them? wrong! they steal them from legal gun owners in either home or vehicle burglaries or get them from straw sales or from legal gun owners who sell them to criminals and then report them stolen. so get ur facts straight b4 u shoot ur mouth off.

u think because u read a link that means more guns on the street will result in less crime? when was the last time you heard of a home invasion or robbery or drive-by with a bat? get a clue would ya.....

the only thing that will reduce gun crime is stricter penalties for those who have them illegally.

I carry a gun for a living so I speak from first hand experience vs. reading some internet statistic. is that a hard concept for u to understand?

Back