Gun Control

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Was talking to a buddy at work musing how it might
not be a bad idea to let them finish giving away the
country and just leave. He asked me where I would go...
I thought...Switzerland :laugh:

Here's a good read, I always liked the Swiss.

US vs. Switzerland Gun Laws

I agree 100 percent with Switzerland's policy. The last sentence tell's our most prevelant problem here in the US. Thanks for the good read!

not bad... and the last sentence holds truth, as noted.
just wish the data was a little more recent .... many things change in 10~15 years (usually for the worse).
:beerchug:

Maybe it's not that everyone is armed there, but that there are fewer defective people in that country?

I believe per capita Canada has more guns than the U.S., yet their homicide rate by firearms is less than 10% what it is in the "Wild West" culture of the U.S.

I am not a gun control advocate, but gun violence in U.S. culture is unique in the civilized world. I guess we still lead the world in that respect.

good find! kinda funny on the timing...this morning we were talking about Hitler disarming the public to minimize opposition and comparing it to:whistle:

Thanks for the unique perspective. With the Pelosi lead congress it is only a matter of time before we are unarmed and the average citizen becomes a criminal for hording their "illegal" guns.

sounds like a great place to live ... a place with low crime, freedom, great cheese, and awesome chocolate:thumbsup:

Maybe it's not that everyone is armed there, but that there are fewer defective people in that country?

I believe per capita Canada has more guns than the U.S., yet their homicide rate by firearms is less than 10% what it is in the "Wild West" culture of the U.S.

I am not a gun control advocate, but gun violence in U.S. culture is unique in the civilized world. I guess we still lead the world in that respect.

I think the "wild west" label is kinda cliche and a liberal label. It's probably
more of a homie attitide...I think you might find more gang violence and crime
related to guns rather then armed law abiding citizens shooting each other
cause you looked funny at my horse.

But your right...it's not the guns, it's the...ahem, wonderful elelments of outstanding
character (note the sarcasm) that creates the problem. Hence, disarming outstanding citizens of
their constitutional right...solves nothing and leaves us defenseless against the
well armed..."elements" of society that are at the root of MANY of our problems.

I know, lets follow Obama's lead and give them free health insurance, restore
felons voting rights, etc, etc....while he taxes the working few to death.

Not to mention, couple the criminal element with our posh penial system and joke
of a court system should they get caught...all courtousy of the lawyers and the
liberal bleeding hearts.

Give ya a little insight, I know serveral people that are correctional officers...
the only thing the officer can carry while on duty is a tiny bottle of pepper spray
the bottle is weighed out. The officer is only allowed to use 3 short bursts per
inmate. Control knows how much a short burst weighs (times 3). If an incident
occurs the bottle weighing back in better match the correct weight or the officer
is in serious trouble, possible dismisal or more.
SOoooo...the inmate can crap in his/her hand and throw it on you as you walk
by and at most, the officer can use 3 short bursts of pepper spray.

Sidenote-A female gaurd was on duty down south florida, when a lockdown occured
even though she was in the "trustee" section, she was raped and killed by a lifer.

They play by different rules and the liberals have the deck stacked against us
and with one hand behind our back.

My final point is...if you want gun control...HAMMER THE CRAP out of the felon
using or caught in possesion of a gun. Gun death...automatic chair. Crime or
felon in possesion of a firearm...25 years no parole, no spa prison.

I have no problem with my neighbor owning a gun...but my nephew (POS) who has been
a multiple felon and CAUGHT being a felon in possesion of a weapon (with the serial
number filed off) , assualt with said firearms (4 counts, one arrest) etc etc...
gets house arrest and has been arrested for firearm possesion 3 time after and is
STILL NOT IN JAIL. What the heck...

Last edited:
Good points Justyntym.

Violence is a problem that supercedes political labels however. The politicizing of the issue leads to inactivity, as the focus is shifted away from the underlying problems that lead to gun violence and onto fellow Americans who share a different viewpoint. As a result, nothing changes.

Conservatives fear gun violence and restriction of their desires to own guns. Liberals fear gun violence. There's a common interest both sides share.

Unfortunately pundits get introduced into the mix who earn paychecks from inciting fear. They win, criminals win, and law abiding citizens of all political persuasions suffer.

The Justice department is all screwed up, releasing people before their sentence is up is nuts. You get 25 years you serve 25 years. As far as Guns and control by the president, We will never give up are guns! The country is going down the hole and I want my gun by my side.

Gun control: Hitting what you are aiming at.

Keep in mind that while firearms are legal in canada, handguns are NOT. A little harder to walk into your local 7-11 with a rifle and rob the place.

alot of recent issues with the Mexican cartels are being used as leverage for stricter control...anyone chime in if I'm mistaken, but @ ALL border crossings (at least the ones that I've seen) have a huge sign warning you that it's illegal to bring ammo, firearms, large knives...etc into Mexico. possesion of a firearm or ammo by a normal citizen / visitor will end thier azz in prison. just curious...what's thier crime rate????

alot of recent issues with the Mexican cartels are being used as leverage for stricter control...anyone chime in if I'm mistaken, but @ ALL border crossings (at least the ones that I've seen) have a huge sign warning you that it's illegal to bring ammo, firearms, large knives...etc into Mexico. possesion of a firearm or ammo by a normal citizen / visitor will end thier azz in prison. just curious...what's thier crime rate????

never been in one but I would bet money...a mexican jail ain't like a U.S. jail
no place you would want to be
and 20 million mexicans sneak across our borders illegally and demand rights,
don't speak the language, and fly a mexican flag over an upsidedown U.S. flag...
and because I think it's an issue I'm a racists and hater :banghead:...
or a right wing extremists

Switzerland is looking better and better

And I told myself I was going to stay out of political threads...o.k. I'm done

from what I hear, not many jails / prisons are like ours. also, I'm not for sure, but if you go to another country and burn / disrespect thier flag in public, I believe you're fixin' to get a 55 gallon drum of whoopazz poured all over you. please correct me if I'm wrong:poke:

from what I hear, not many jails / prisons are like ours. also, I'm not for sure, but if you go to another country and burn / disrespect thier flag in public, I believe you're fixin' to get a 55 gallon drum of whoopazz poured all over you. please correct me if I'm wrong:poke:

your wrong...in this country we must be politically correct and tolerant at
all times (except for christianity)...least we be branded an "ignorant racest"
as one forum member put it.

Any other country with some nads...yeah, your right.

BTW-The predominat language in Switzerland is German (I looked it up),
if I ever go to live there...I will be learning it.

don't speak the language, and fly a mexican flag over an upsidedown U.S. flag...

You're a racist. :laugh:

Couldnt have said it better. :thumbsup:

Back