Can't Help Myself

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
President Obama spent a butt load of tax dollars today trying to push stupidity ( Gun Confiscation ) . I listened to the entire thing and just could not believe my ears. He talked about making new laws in reference to laws that are already on the books. 1) We don't want our police out gunned, unfortunately he needs to fund lots of nice equipment for law enforcement then, because criminals have full auto weapons, pistols and rifles. Look at the LA Bank Robbery where the two guys go in with full body armor as well as fully automatic weapons. LA SWAT had to seize full auto weapons from a local gun shop to combat these two. This occurred during the First Assault Weapons Ban or Brady Bill.

He spoke about a universal background check. I don't have any issues with this at all. I think anyone buying a gun should be checked out. It doesn't really matter again because unfortunately criminals will get what they want and need regardless of the law. I hope everyone understands this, that gun control legislation only affects law abiding citizens.

He spoke about Minneapolis Police taking on youth gun violence years ago and that a 40% decrease happened, but he never stated what the program was.

But I guess what really bothers me is that he's out there making speeches about a very limited, basically zero gun control, when I know darn well he wants to outlaw all firearms IMO.

All this while we have an extremely bad economy and no leadership when it comes to American jobs. While ignoring the facts that large cities with absolute gun bans are where the vast majority of gun crimes are being committed and that the majority of these crimes happen in impoverished areas.

I wish I had taken notes but I did not. Obviously he can't get what he wants in Washington so he is going to the public to push his agenda. My God, where is all this energy when it comes to jobs, the economy, and the 16.5 Trillion Dollar deficit.

Do I need to point out how many times in the last 4 years congressional Republicans shot down Jobs bills? Not that it excuses Obama or Dems, cause they could just as easily rammed them through as any of the other junk they did, but dont start thinking the problem is as simple as one man...the whole thing is screwed over.

At least the Republicans started a FOREIGN war to cover up the problems with our country. :whistle:

THIS Sandy Hook Parent GETS IT

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I need to point out how many times in the last 4 years congressional Republicans shot down Jobs bills? Not that it excuses Obama or Dems, cause they could just as easily rammed them through as any of the other junk they did, but dont start thinking the problem is as simple as one man...the whole thing is screwed over.

I guess i would need to be reminded of when the Republicans shot down jobs bills. Maybe government jobs and government growth?

We'll start with some light reading:

Some interesting general commentary on the strategies involved, plus info on Overseas job reform bills and the Payroll Tax extension:
Senate Republicans Block Another Jobs Bill, Face Backlash From American Public

All you Pro-Vet people should be very interested by this story:
http://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-block-military-jobs-bill-2012-9

Yeah, this is from ThinkProgress, but I've learned to trust them more than the national outlets at least:
What Could Have Been: The Most Important Bills Blocked By Republicans In 2012 | ThinkProgress

This one talks about the American Jobs Act; A bill most people dont even know existed:
Unhappy Anniversary: Republicans Have Blocked The American Jobs Act For One Year | ThinkProgress

Not a Huge Fan of Daily Kos (I dont think he does well at writing across the party lines, at all), but the list of bills is interesting at least:
Daily Kos: Why is the Republican Record-Breaking use of the Filibuster -- Not a topic of the News?

You need to understand one thing about me however when you read these; Just because I think that the Republican Party is comprised mostly of Rich Old White guys out to help themselves at the expense of the American people does not mean that I really think the Democratic Party is really all that much better. The only reason that I tend to lean that way is that there are a few individuals in the party that I like...sadly, there aren't nearly enough of them to go round, and by and large the two parties are more often than not in lock-step to keep us down trodden and beholden to a system which systematically enslaves us to our wealthy corporate masters.

At least the Republicans started a FOREIGN war to cover up the problems with our country. :whistle:

Now since the Iraq war is dwindiling these ass wipes want to take the excess money that was allocated to the Iraq war and spend it somewhere else!!! Why don' they put that towards reducing the deficit and paying down debt? Idiots. all of them

Exactly my point sir. On the economy and the jobs front he's silent, the national debt doesn't bother him, he just keeps printing money. Not to mention all the job loses his policies are responsible for. And yet he has all this energy for gun control. I'm really starting to wonder why. Statistically speaking it can't be because of the deaths. It just doesn't add up.

Now since the Iraq war is dwindiling these ass wipes want to take the excess money that was allocated to the Iraq war and spend it somewhere else!!! Why don' they put that towards reducing the deficit and paying down debt? Idiots. all of them

You know some where saying debt was good in the early '90's :laugh: None of us could run our private lives the way these guys run our country. :banghead:

The Mistake I always caution people not to make is to assume that our politicians are stupid or incompetent though. These are some of the smartest people in our country, its just that their interests and the interests of the people do not align, and for the most part they are slick enough to get people to believe their lies.

I hopw someone else has listened to this and understands where I'm coming from. I remember him repeatedly stating we need laws that keep guns out of the hands of those who cannot possess a weapon . It's already against the law.

Another repeat was we need a law that stops people from buying guns and turning around and selling them to criminals that can't legally buy guns. It's already against the law.

I hopw someone else has listened to this and understands where I'm coming from. I remember him repeatedly stating we need laws that keep guns out of the hands of those who cannot possess a weapon . It's already against the law.

Another repeat was we need a law that stops people from buying guns and turning around and selling them to criminals that can't legally buy guns. It's already against the law.

The first part of the statement is him simply stating that he wants to close the "Private Sale" Loophole; which I think most people can agree would be a good thing to do away with. The second part on the other hand sounds like he's endorsing a national registry...that's going to be a bit more of a debate. I can personally see both sides on this issue; if we had a registry similar to what we had for motor vehicles, it would be much easier to track weaponry in case of criminal usage, but there are legitimate concerns about the limits to which that registry would be used....

Maybe someone can find the entire speech. I try to catch things live vs. media coverage.

Back