Guns and Obama

Cta says
Some call this instilling fear, I call it telling the truth and understanding the facts

none of his post is fact or truth it is full of hypothetical information. if you want fact and truth read things other than wikipedia and this forum, which is full of mostly opinion.

Wikipedia SUCKS, I can easily alter information on that website on any topic.

Cta says
Some call this instilling fear, I call it telling the truth and understanding the facts

none of his post is fact or truth it is full of hypothetical information. if you want fact and truth read things other than wikipedia and this forum, which is full of mostly opinion.

Wikipedia SUCKS, I can easily alter information on that website on any topic.

I suppose the link to the ruling as given by the US Supreme Court was altered as well. ???

Also show me where I misquoted the 5 to 4 decision as well as the two justices who were appointed by Bush and who they replaced on the bench.

the message in your post is hypothetical. wikipeida is not credible regardless if it gets a few things correct. i choose to get my information elsewhere. using wiki is just lazy and again NOT CREDIBLE.

almost every decision is 5 to 4. 4 liberal 4 conservative and one swing vote. give me any recent case and i can tell you how every judge voted. its not hard

I agree completely that wikipedia is pretty much worthless, that is why I backed it up with the entire opinion from the US Supreme court on the case. Being at a spot in my day where I could not devote more time into searching for the same information, I apologize for using that link. But when compared with the opinion from the court, the information that I was looking to prove was correct and accurate.

As you stated, give you any "recent" case. With that I ask this. Had two conservative justices which were appointed by G.W. Bush been replaced by liberal justices appointed by Al Gore or John Kerry, do you honestly think the opinion of the court would have been the same?

The point I was trying to make was this. Presidents appoint justices to the supreme court. Keep that in mind when you vote as you may get a whole lot more from that president, if elected, than you ever bargained for! The other point is that the constitution of this country is not written in stone, there are provisions in place where it can be changed. Although difficult to get done, it can be done. Don't take your rights given to you by the constitution for granted, they can be taken away and/or changed should any particular group gain enough support.

ahhhhh! my head hurts!
+1 for the 2nd amendment!
surprised no one threw in "...pry it from my cold dead fingers!" ok I will.

The gun rights issue is enough, by itself, to swing my vote to McCain, regardless of whether or not I think he'll be good in other respects.

--Wag--

I havent heard much on Obama's gun control stand. None of his main points have anything to do with guns, so it really isnt important. However, even if he wanted to take away guns, he couldnt. In order to do that, a constitutional ammendment would have to be proposed to congress, voted on, and passed. A single man, even the president, could not do this single-handedly.
Also, as far as I know, gun control is mostly a state issue. The gun control laws are made, propossed, and voted on by the individual states, so if you are worried about your guns, talk to your local representatives.

Give em' up boys

Oh shid, someone from the board has reincarnated themselves in an effort to "stir the pot".

That was cute, and you even have 1 whole post.

Where's an Admin when you need one?? Someone please get this fool outta here.

Well as long as he his here, I guess we can do stuff like tell him to kiss our :moon:

Maybe :poke: at em a lil bit. We need more offensive smilies.

Sorry, but you ain't the Barack I voted for, so move around and go troll somewhere else.

I havent heard much on Obama's gun control stand. None of his main points have anything to do with guns, so it really isnt important. However, even if he wanted to take away guns, he couldnt. In order to do that, a constitutional ammendment would have to be proposed to congress, voted on, and passed. A single man, even the president, could not do this single-handedly.
Also, as far as I know, gun control is mostly a state issue. The gun control laws are made, propossed, and voted on by the individual states, so if you are worried about your guns, talk to your local representatives.

I've heard plenty and there is no doubt about his view of guns, he is extremely anti gun. You say it isn't important because none of his main points have anything to do with guns. If he gets elected I will bet a years salary there will be gun legislation proposed within his first six months in office.

A single man may not get an ammendment passed but if Obama is elected he will be backed by a democrat controlled house and a democrat controlled senate. So much for the single man theory. :banghead:

Gun control is mostly a state issue??? What about the brady bill and the assault weapon ban that Clinton imposed, these were federal laws. :banghead:

When enough people believe it won't happen such as you have and quit fighting for the right to keep and bear arms, the liberals will be even closer to accomplishing what they have tried to do for years, take away the right to bear arms. :banghead::banghead:

When it comes to guns we should all be very afraid of Obama, especially if he is elected and has a democrat majority in the house and senate. :banghead::banghead:

Wake up folks!

it's sad to me that it takes a new war or natural disaster to unite us and eliminate these in group out groups like conservative and liberal or dem and rep.

Don't take your rights given to you by the constitution for granted, they can be taken away and/or changed should any particular group gain enough support.

agreed and very well said

If he gets elected I will bet a years salary there will be gun legislation proposed within his first six months in office.

federal gun legislation? its not going to happen. this very recent supreme court case heller v d.c. is a very big deal

Well heres your chance to get out in the street and sing we shall over come and get a taste of fire hoses and dog bits and such. You are finally getting just a chance to understand. Even though this is not a real 1 to 1 comparison. The right to have a gun and the right to be treated as a human being is two totally different things. If you think about it there are many ways to induce gun control and not directly take them from the public. You can own an full-auto, sbr, sbs, silencer, and aow and be legal with the proper paperwork and approval today. The trick is how bad do you want it. Say if you want to own a hand gun but now you will be finger printed, must have safe and will be subject to checks by local authorities at anytime, and a annual tax say $1,500.00. If you lose the wepon you will be fined $5,000 and lose right to own any gun. Now do you get my drift. How bad would you want to exercise your right then?

Where's chicken little when he's needed? The sky is falling! The sky is falling!:rofl: Alarmists and nothing more. I'm not giving up my guns and neither are you.

Not giving them up, No! Just becoming more expensive to own and buy. That would be hard, but not the end of the world.

Back