Guns and Obama

manny08busa

Registered
I wanted to get the boards opinion on how anti-gun Obama is, I have a LTC and own 2 handguns and I know other people on the board have permits as well and use their right under the 2nd amendment to own guns. And is it possible if he were to become president to take away our 2nd amendment rights? People with Law and Political knowledge please chime in.

NRA-ILA :: Legislation

Gun Ban Barack Obama

I am 100% in support of the constitution and as such the 2d amend. I looked at your links and all I could find were examples of Obama not supporting legislation but no links to the actual legislation. This arguement (he voted against it so he must be against it) has been used in other areas but many times legislation gets voted down for a number of reasons beyond simply being against the legislation. This is why it is important to see the actual legislation he or anyone else voted against or hear in their own words why they are against a particular piece of legislation.

That said I count on the supreme court to continue to uphold all our rights provided by the constitution.

As I have stated before, the single most powerful thing a president can do is to appoint a justice to the US Supreme Court. This is where our civil rights, such as gun ownership, are argued and either upheld or taken away. When voting for president look at their track record and ask yourself one question. What kind of justice would this person appoint?

Obama is VERY ANTI GUN. He comes from IL, one of two states left in this country that still does NOT have any form of concealed carry law. If elected and given the opportunity you can bet the farm he will appoint a justice that believes the same as he does. A justice will serve until he either dies or decides to no longer serve. Get enough that believe that the 2nd ammendment only applies to military and our rights are GONE!

As for SJ's comment, find me an example or situation where Obama has defended gun owners rights. Show me where he has introduced legislation that would favor gun ownership or the right to carry. Being an IL resident I sure haven't seen Obama support any kind of pro gun legislation of any type here in the state while an IL State Senator or a US Senator from IL.

Also see the following links:

Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson Issues Open Letter to Nation's Sportsmen Regarding Obama's History in the Illinois Senate

Illinois State Rifle Association

Quote from the first link:

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his
voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While
a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting
rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill
would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners to forcibly
confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down
law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite,
Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill that would
prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the
law abiding firearm owner. At the same time, Obama has proven himself to be
a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama voted 4
times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in
defense of home and family.

As I have stated before, the single most powerful thing a president can do is to appoint a justice to the US Supreme Court. This is where our civil rights, such as gun ownership, are argued and either upheld or taken away. When voting for president look at their track record and ask yourself one question. What kind of justice would this person appoint?

Obama is VERY ANTI GUN. He comes from IL, one of two states left in this country that still does NOT have any form of concealed carry law. If elected and given the opportunity you can bet the farm he will appoint a justice that believes the same as he does. A justice will serve until he either dies or decides to no longer serve. Get enough that believe that the 2nd ammendment only applies to military and our rights are GONE!

As for SJ's comment, find me an example or situation where Obama has defended gun owners rights. Show me where he has introduced legislation that would favor gun ownership or the right to carry. Being an IL resident I sure haven't seen Obama support any kind of pro gun legislation of any type here in the state while an IL State Senator or a US Senator from IL.

My point was I can't show you legislation one way or the other. That is not to say that I don't agree with you.

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment said:
Very interesting. Also probably explains why Chicago, Illinois was ranked #1 in homicides in the US. Take away someone's ability to defend, and they are left defenseless.

Also see the following links:

Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson Issues Open Letter to Nation's Sportsmen Regarding Obama's History in the Illinois Senate

Illinois State Rifle Association

Quote from the first link:

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his
voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While
a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting
rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill
would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners to forcibly
confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down
law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite,
Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill that would
prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the
law abiding firearm owner. At the same time, Obama has proven himself to be
a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama voted 4
times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in
defense of home and family.

I saw this but there is no link to the actual bill(s). I would like to see them for myself. There has been way to many instances of McCain (and Obama) supporters trying to mislead in order to sway your thinking.

Last edited:
Again, no actual information. Just someone telling me that he voted a certain way with no links that I saw to the actual legislation. I get a little concerned when I am presented with information that can not be verified.

Sure you do. It's called spin.

r8

I have made this same statement several times in other posts. Once in the Supreme Court it goes no further and Judges are in the position for life.

Is another 9 TH District Court in our future? Be affraid. Very affraid.

r8

Again, no actual information. Just someone telling me that he voted a certain way with no links that I saw to the actual legislation. I get a little concerned when I am presented with information that can not be verified.

I am confused, how much proof do you need, if he voted one way for Illinois, why would he vote differently as president. I am just asking.....

I lived in Illinois and it is one f'd up state when it comes to laws. And (sorry Chicago peeps) but Chicago is the cause of most of the problems with the whole state and the majority of funds from taxes goes there.

Barack Obama on Gun Control

Am I the only one who can read between the lines?

Unbelievable.

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban
Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."
Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."

More spin.

r8

Last edited:
I lived in Illinois and it is one f'd up state when it comes to laws. And (sorry Chicago peeps) but Chicago is the cause of most of the problems with the whole state and the majority of funds from taxes goes there.

When States go broke who steps in?

1) You
2) Me
3) Federal Government

All States are under the gun and most Cities also.

r8

I was watching the news last night and it appears there has been a dramatic rise in gun sales due to the fear of Obama reaching the white house. All Obama has to do is appoint the right far left judges to the supreme court (For Life) and your gun rights can be taken away with the stroke of a pen. And there will be absolutely nothing anyone can do to reverse it for the life of the current justice's!

I'm very concerned about the future of our society as we know it. Obama, Nancy Palosey & Harry Reed accompanied by the likes of Barney Franks is a scary bunch. Especially if the Republicans loose enough seats in the senate to loose their ability to Filibuster!

I am confused, how much proof do you need, if he voted one way for Illinois, why would he vote differently as president. I am just asking.....

Wow is it wrong to ask to see what he actually voted against rather than take the word of a lobbying organization?

Come on, legislation is filled with crap, look at the bail out bill. There could be much more to it than what is on the surface. If it makes any difference I treat both candidates the same in this area. I don't fault McCain for his votes until I see what he actually voted for or against.

Last edited:
There more restrictions their are on guns the more illegal gun sales and crimes are going to go up, you cant stop people from owning weapons I think its best for the goverment and us if its done legally by the way of LTC and permits. If the laws change things are not going to be good on the street.

Back