Got me a busa! PICS

Congrats!!!! and
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
As stated before take the MSF ASAP.... and B safe
beerchug.gif

As everybody else has stated, if it's a new bike be careful with how high ya rev her until the engine is broken in.

Nice ride, i am a newby to my busa too just be careful and the more you ride the better you get.....Always wear ya gear homie....
super.gif

Great looking bike, and Merry (early) Christmas to you and your Dad! Follow the break-in procedure in the manual, take the safety class, and stay off the gravel as much as you can!

Welcome, Congrats, and Merry Christmas.

Listen to these "Busa Vets"...take it easy. My first bike was a Katana 1100 and I was only 17 and 5'4 at the time. My first couple hundred miles was just around the house and up and down the driveway...lol. Take it easy and keep your head on a swivel...

1. Take MSF class.....it is worth gold.

2. I always use 87 octane. I thought it would be better to use higher but was learned by the forum not so.

3. You will NOT want to ride above 4000 rpm all the time. Follow the break-in procedure to the letter. Keep it slow until you get a good feel for the bike. Do not try to impress anyone or she will bite your a$$ quick. She is very jealous and wants your full attention.

4. Call the dealer back and tell the GM that his employee told you to keep this bike above 4000 rpm all the time and that you feel that is unsafe advice and should not be telling people to ride usafe.

5. Always wear your full gear. It is hard in the Summer in Texas but its not worth the carnage that could come from a fall without it. For Summer riding look into a mesh jacket its a little cooler.

6. BE SAFE AND CAUTIOUS....ALL THE TIME.

7. Have fun

ps. I am glad to see you went with the fastest color.
super.gif

Hey congrats on the Busa  

super.gif
Any bike can turn on you not just this one! But you got the totally awesomely, wickedest, off the show room floor sudden, quickest ever, color and year they ever made
rock.gif

bowdown.gif
So give it time. You seem to be swuft in a couple places ,getting the best color/year GSX1300R and joining this forum. These folk won't steer you wrong! Well in most cases anyway!!
PS get the frame sliders on ASAP and do the kick stand mod! You will be glad you did. I know first hand. Use what ever gas you wan't. Good stuff you get more miles to the gal. Like 50mpg open superslab. Mid grade for me.

Another happy customer!!
super.gif
Keep the rubber side down!! If you havent taken it before, I/WE here at hayabusa.org would like for you to consider taking the Basic MSF course. Lots of good things to be learned in that class, and it will give you an insurance break too! Welcome aboard!

Welcome !! That the best 1st post i've seen ! Just keep it mellow for awhile this bike will amaze you ! 87 Octane will give you better HP but it really doesn't matter. The manuel says run mid grade I think . And 4000rpms is where it really comes alive. I drive around town about 3-4000. Keep in touch on the board and you will learn ALOT of tricks to keep your bike running good and maybe a mod or two.

dude that is an icredible color, me likey...... uuuuuummm all i can say is, disrespect the bike, and it will disrespect you back. usually in the form of an ambulance ride. Noone on here can truly make you understand that ths bike is probably something the government should have taken a closer look at before approving but youll find out soon enough..... BE CAREFUL. and Congrats on the best color busa out there.

Congrats on the new Busa !  Now... as many have mentioned...  PLEASE take it easy...  I am well aware of how much testorone flows in a young man's body.  Your riding an experts bike, but you have little real world experience on 2 wheels.  It is a totally different approach / mindset / habit to driving than handling a car.
Please answer this question.  
What is counter steering ?
If you know without looking for the answer you are ahead of most beginners.  Countersteering can save your life.  
Never assume a cage driver sees you...  I slow for many intersection these days with the lousy drivers sharing the road posing a threat to our survival.  Cars and trucks are your worst enemy... their not looking for you.

My motorcycle riding motto...
Don't give them a chance to harm you.

Go to riding school...  read all you can about how to ride safe on the street.

Good luck ( even though luck won't have much to do with it )
beerchug.gif

Ted
2001 Busa
Sun City, CA

WOW, thanks for a great responce guys! I greatly appreciate all of the information you guys provided
smile.gif

Ill definatly start running 87 in it...that darn service manager didnt know what he was talking about. Thats why I knew you guys would be the best to ask
biggrin.gif
We have also kept the bike under 5500RPMs like the manual said...and from a local suzuki shops advice, ill get my maintenance check @ 1000 miles. After that ill do everything myself....I HATE taking my vehicles to anyone because I want to make sure its done right.
beerchug.gif

Ill definatly try and spend alot of time on here, to learn as much as I can...I like to learn all I can and then help newbs like myself hahaha. Im sure there is a LOT to learn...like 8daytona8 mentioned the kickstand mod??? Hopefully this site has a great search feature haha, I think im going to be spending alot of time using it  
lurk.gif

I live in Bastrop, TX BTW...not TOO far from Lubbock but not exactly close either haha. We drove up to Weatherford to buy the bike....thats why the plate frame says that.

welcome nice color. of course its the fastest

trying to post a pic

Back