Got me a busa! PICS

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
Like the others have said, I also 87 in my bike. Be careful on the busa, you havent even tasted the power that she's got to offer. Never trust a cager, act as if they dont see you. Stay fearful. That fear breeds respect, which can give you many days a great riding on the busa. BTW, why did the dealer give you a 12/05 paper tag?

(04gtstang @ Nov. 16 2006,20:16) WOW, thanks for a great responce guys! I greatly appreciate all of the information you guys provided
smile.gif

Ill definatly start running 87 in it...that darn service manager didnt know what he was talking about. Thats why I knew you guys would be the best to ask
biggrin.gif
We have also kept the bike under 5500RPMs like the manual said...and from a local suzuki shops advice, ill get my maintenance check @ 1000 miles. After that ill do everything myself....I HATE taking my vehicles to anyone because I want to make sure its done right.
beerchug.gif

Ill definatly try and spend alot of time on here, to learn as much as I can...I like to learn all I can and then help newbs like myself hahaha. Im sure there is a LOT to learn...like 8daytona8 mentioned the kickstand mod??? Hopefully this site has a great search feature haha, I think im going to be spending alot of time using it  
lurk.gif

I live in Bastrop, TX BTW...not TOO far from Lubbock but not exactly close either haha. We drove up to Weatherford to buy the bike....thats why the plate frame says that.
600 miles for your first service
wink.gif

(slimshady @ Nov. 19 2006,13:59)
 Like the others have said, I also 87 in my bike. Be careful on the busa, you havent even tasted the power that she's got to offer. Never trust a cager, act as if they dont see you. Stay fearful. That fear breeds respect, which can give you many days a great riding on the busa. BTW, why did the dealer give you a 12/05 paper tag?
Well that has been bothering me for the past few days...im like "man did the guy forget to fill in that last line...or did he jump back in time!" I looked at it before and still didnt get it.
Well I looked at it again a few hours ago and actually sat there and FINALLY seen the tiny words.

LEFT ="Month" RIGHT= "day" LOL I thought this whole time that the right was the year and I was VERY close to taking a marker to it
ices_rofl.gif

Since no one else mentioned it I will, regarding your near-dumping of the bike in the gravel. I myself NEVER use the front brake when I'm riding on gravel,sand,loose dirt,grass(wet or dry)etc. If it's not pavement I leave that front brake alone. Just a little tip from me to you.
Oh yeah and
to the .org

good lookin bike, bro! glad you like it-should be right up your alley with the power-it'll run right around your 'stangs in a straigt line bone-stock once you get used to the throttle, trust me.... I can walk off on my wife's 425horse 300C w/6.1L Hemi (but MAN do V-8s at WOT sound f**kin SEXY, or WHAT!?
super.gif
)

take your time gettin used to the bike, and dont let anybody tempt you into 'proving' anything on the Busa-its a fast bike, but if you're not an Expert rider, it'll bite you in the azz real quick. I bought mine last year, and after 3 months I went out with some bros to carve some corners- ended up carving my azz into a curb (slid on loose gravel-never saw it coming) and flying thru the air at oh-'bout 50mph!
SHOCKED.gif
not a soft landing either. Two months off work n many bottles of Percocet later, I was finally able to get back on n ride-now I am much more careful with the Busa (oh, wait-I flipped it again this year in June...well-NOW Im more careful:)

make sure you got some good gear to wear while you ride, n enjoy the rush!
beerchug.gif

The blue and silveris hot
firedevil.gif
. I had a hard time choosing between black and the blue/silver when I bought mine. Chose the black.

take it easy, make sure you are pointed in the direction you want to go when you hit the throttle because you will be there quickly....
race.gif

MSF is all i can say, besides be extremely carefull .that bike can go from 0 to
wow.gif
messed up in .0000001 seconds,enjoy it and be careful

Glad to have you. It will serve you well to listen to the members when they suggest some training, wearing all the gear you can afford, and taking it EASY while you get used to your busa. 87 octane is recommended and it's all I run. You will want to check the adjustment on your chain BEFORE the 600 mi. service. The chain will loosen up after just a few hundred miles. The headlight on the busa almost always is pointed low from the factory. If you need to adjust it there is a post in the maintenance section. I will be surprised if your dad can stand to ride a cruiser after riding your busa. My son and I both ride matching busas, and the time we can spend riding is very special to me. Again, welcome and take care!

awesome bike, welcome, i treat mine like a loaded gun. I wrecked my 01 acting like a child and now my 05 is getting turbo treatment, I'm probably asking for it. You must become one with the busa, and even then, it will spank you if you misbehave. However, no bike compares, not zx or cbr, this machine is perfectly balanced as is, not uncontrollable like zx10 or gsxr 1000, built for speed is an understatement, you can tell by it's long, low, stance. it's wierd that it's comfortable and unbelievably fast and stable. I've had way more fun on my busa than any other bike, too much adrenaline to mention.
welcome,
john q

THats funny-- 87 octane?- I only have 300 mi. on mine, and was told to use super. too soon to tell-- but Ive been seeing 40-42mpg, with 93 octane. The dealer (actually the service guy) told me the book says to keep it under +/- 5k-- however he said to bump it up over that(but less than 6500. ) just dont keep it up there. I happen to believe that you really should NOT be too soft on a new engine-- you want to goose it, at its early life. But like everyone else is saying-- BE CAREFUL!! I weigh 200, and the first time I nailed it a little harder-- it could have ripped me out of the seat if I wasnt ready. Respect the power!.

Hey!! you got that from Weatherford I noticed. I almost bought mine from there- cause of the low price. $9450.00+ttl. He anly had 2 06's left, and needed to move them. THat enabled me to get the locals in my town to come down to that range.

Back