Please help me

Come on guy's that little 50cc Wards did 45 mph on a downhill. That was my dirt bike, cause I was about 14 at the time. It had two speeds, flat out and stop!

At 16 with no driving experience and no bike experience. You'ld be a fatal statistic in 6 months. The key is good motorcycling is not just based on handling the bike, but being aware of the traffic around you as well as being able to anticipate what the "cagers" are going to do. The busa doesn't allow mistakes, or better said other bikes are more forgiving of mistakes, bad calls , bad judgement, etc. Take MSF riding class and then look for a something like a yzf600r, katana 600, and get a used one so when you are ready to move up you wont take a big loss.. Oh and the other reason is you are gonna make at least one STUPID mistake in your cycling career, most of us do it in out youth and on smaller bikes than a busa... And somehow it just seems safer that way.

i bought the busa as my first bike and the "i wont get stupid bullshit" i said to myself also well i got stupid and my knee dont work right anymore i was tryin to do wheelies on my paasenger pegs when i hit something in the road and flew off.....good luck on insurance also i got real lucky not to burst your bubble try insurance on a 600 probably almost the same also i have had my motorcycle licence for almost 4 years.....and i was still getting insane quotes even with with the military discount....and the msf course..get a used beat on 600 so u can just get liability dont get a brand new one........hell im lookin at tryin to get a steal on someones shinny new 600 they wrecked so i can build a project bike to do tricks on instead of my busa just my 2 cents

hank, your first bike is a gem!!!! that is too funny!!

MightyM i'm glad you're thinking of something smaller to start with. you wouldn't be getting all these same responses from us if we didn't know what we were talking about. those other bikes are all great (and still fast, so be careful) bikes that you can learn on. work your way up, crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly..... good luck and be safe.....

Lo

I wanted to add this little note for MM and the rest of the gang. I think it is this kind of honest support that makes this site what it is one3 of the greatest sites on the net. The replies represent the concern and love for all cyclist and the appreciation and respect we have for the bikes we ride..

ernaehrung004.gif
here's to the hayabusa.org family

Thanx everybody for making me realize that the busa is not for me. Hey do you think I will be able to insure the bike on my dads name even tho he doesn't have a bikes licence?

As long as his insurance company will accept motorcycles AND you. Not saying anythings wrong with ya, just some insurance companies wont insure teenage motorcyclists. It happened to me, and I have had a safty course

thanx... it would be insured in his name and he would put me down on a list as a driver even though he won't ride the bike alot. It would be too much for me... so they will let him get an insurence for the bike even though he doesn't have a bike licence or anything?

Can anybody tell me please, if

1. Can I insure the bike on my dad, who has no bike licence?

2. Around how much money would a 600CC bike be on a man with a VERY GOOD driving record, for only 3 seasons... I don't want to drive it during winter, and I dont' want full coverage, only the thing that pays for other persons car and that covers my body. Can anybody give me a price quote.. AROUND how much? Thanx.

Ok MM, here what you need to do. Have you dad call his insurance company and get info about a quote for him. Doing this, he will have to get a motorcycle endorsment, as will you. He needs to tell the company he has purchased the motorcycle, and add it to his policy. Have him add you as a additional operator of the motorcycle.

to get an idea of prices goto:

www.statefarm.com
www.progressive.com

Its too early to call and ask.. I should be getting a bike February. I just went to those 2 websites and in order to get a quote you have to fill out all kinds of information... name street and everything... I don't give out information on the internet... I don't trust them... I was hoping somebody in here could give me a quote and tell me if the bike could be insured on my dads name even tho he doesn't have a bike licence

well, let me know you dades age, if he has had any accidents of violations in the past 3 months, if he has taken an msf course, the type of bike your getting, and ill get you a quote

You know you dont HAVE to put in actual info, just the important stuff needs to be correct

my dad is... 51... he had one traffic violation a month ago.. 61mph in 45 his first in 3 years... and one accident... but it wasn't his fault... so it doesn't matter... but I'm getting a bike february and he porbably won't get any more because hes really careful now... no he has never taken the course... he doesn't have a bike licence... I'm getting a 600CC bike... I like the honda CBR600 F4i... and I don't want full coverage or all seasons...

thanx... I just want to know if I can insure it in his name if he doesn't have a bike permit or licence or if he never took any bike course or anything... can i?

Let daddy buy you the car. I think anyone your age who has never ridden anything but a bicycle may as well stay away from motorcycles all together. :whip:

Let daddy buy you the car. I think anyone your age who has never ridden anything but a bicycle may as well stay away from motorcycles all together.  :whip:[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Shut up man... I already got a car.. Dodge Intrepid.. I wanna bike now...

Man, be careful on that CBR, it is a very fast machine!
lightweight too, watch out that you don't get over confident.

thanx man.. I know... I'll be REALLY carefull... but can ANYBODY here answer this: Can my dad insure the bike on his name for me even though he doesn't have a bike licence?? Yes or NO?? the insurence would be too high for me... YES OR NO... somebody please answer

Back