Got me a busa! PICS

04gtstang

Registered
Well I picked up a 2006 grey/bluehayabusa yeasterday!

My dad rode the Busa 250 miles back home (me = no lisense
sad.gif
)...and get this, with him (big/thick guy...about 250#s) setting right in the wind with a jacket flapping....and on a motor that is BRAND new (bought with 0 miles) , bike got like 45.6 MPG! :hail2: This was mostly all highway driving, filled up at a little under 1/2 tank and with him rolling back on the throttle in 6th gear 4 times from 70-90 and 1 time in 5th from 70-90.
biggrin.gif

Man I thank God for this bike and pray he keeps me and anyone else ridng it safe always!

Now to my driving it! WOW, I LOVE it! (I drove it around our neighborhood a bit...rediculously fast and I havnt pulled past a 1/4 throttle!) Funny thing is that I nearly dumped it in our gravel drive way on my first time taking off/turning
eek2.gif
 ...WOW touchy touchy throttle lol. First time really riding a bike and didnt expect it to want to GO that easily...Headed for his truck and grabbed the clutch and front brake while in a slight turn. Was a little heavy on the front brake lol...but I cought it and I learned real quick to ride the clutch more in gravel and be MUCH easier on the gas.  
biggrin.gif

I didnt really think it would, but this bike truely scares me....I mean you can just FEEL the  power. I cant describe how much power the bike has on tap for such LITTLE throttle imput. My dad and myself are the only ones riding it thats for darn sure.

Anyways, here are the pics!

SP_A0083.jpg

SP_A0082.jpg

SP_A0075.jpg

SP_A0076.jpg

SP_A0077.jpg

SP_A0081.jpg

SP_A0084.jpg

SP_A0080.jpg

And here is my new Helmet. My dad....man I cant thank him enough. He bought me a $560 helmet (retail= $690), $280 bike matching jacket ($330 retail), $60 tinted visor, and like a $50 pair of gloves! All for my early Christmas present...and he also co signed for me
biggrin.gif
Did I mention he bought himself a 2005 Suzuki C90 boulevard that was decked out be the previous owner along with a $200 helmet?!?! Ok on to the helmet LOL.

SP_A0062.jpg

SP_A0063.jpg

SP_A0064.jpg

SP_A0068.jpg

And to add to this long post lol. The service manager told me these 2 things that dont really seem right.

A. ONLY use super unleaded gas (93)
B. This is a racing motor and doesnt like to be under 4000RPM...keep it @ 4000RPM or above at all times when driving.

Seems like BS to me...but please confirm.

BTW no im not some rich kid...I work at a company called Freescale. I just live at home...so no rent helps me out. I payed off my 25K car, bought my 66 with cash when I was 14, and am paying all gas/insurance/payments on the busa as well.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Nice bike.
Welcome aboard.
A. Lots of people use 87 and other use above. Just a matter of preference. 87 will not hurt the engine.

B. Not true.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
and congrats on the new bike...it sounds like you have a dad that cares for you and wants to know that you are being as safe as possible...be safe and have a good time
beerchug.gif

When your not scared of it, Thats when you always get hurt. I'm still scared of mine, you can get in trouble fast on it,so be careful

A. you can use 87, if you go higher your engine will run hotter, and your gas milage will go down since it runs cleaner, i used 91 for a tank and got about 30 miles less out of it

7300 miles so far and nothing but 87 octane. No ping...goes like stink.

4K?
rock.gif
hahahaha! This thing is a TRACTOR from <2k. It'll do whatever you want it to. Putt around mellow...it's ok. Wanna rip? Twist it up...she rips.

Just be careful bro....

Nice bike... Stay scared, it will keep you alive..... Be careful out there, Busa is a rough starter bike, Don't listen to the dealer. You are better staying under 4,000 till you get use to her. She will buck you fast over 4-6 grand. There is plenty of acceleration from idle up to 4,000. I am with the rest of the guys on 87 octane. Have had bad luck over. Save the money and get the cheap stuff.

To the Board, and be careful on that bike for the first couple of 100 miles until you get use to it  
race.gif

I don't know what to say. I wish you best of luck in your learning experience. It makes my heart stop thinking about some of these younger people getting on a busa with no prior experience. Take the MSF course ASAP, I took it after riding for 3 years and I still learned lots of good info. Wear your gear everyday. Don't try to show off or impress anybody. Welcome to our world! Keep up the posting so you don't get forgotten about.
beerchug.gif

Congrats and Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

87 octane and the 4000 rpm thing is BS
wink.gif

Just remember to follow the break in procedure located in your manual before you start gettin your rev on. Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Wow, be careful dude. She's a loaded weapon in that throttle, be sure you're pointing in a safe direction when you gas it. And always smooth, chopping the throttle will get you bucked quicker 'n scat, unless you're experinced enough to be ready for it.
But it was said, take a MSF course. Always dress for the crash, not the ride. And that car next to you IS going to do something that endangers your life. Expect it and be proactive on the streets!
At any rate. Sexy beast you got there. Ride safe!
beerchug.gif

87 octane is all I run. Break-in is important, read the manual. After break-in be careful, lots of torque, very quick. Watch the cagers.
super.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Nice bike , Nice lid & Nice Dad !!</span>
wink.gif

Be safe, use whichever pump gas you get the best feel for, be safe, I normally cruise @ 4000RPM, be safe, wear ALL of your gear at EVERY time you ride, and be safe!

Back