Reflections after a month of Busa ownership

wingman1100

Registered
Well, I've owned my Busa for about a month now and I got to say I'm not dissapointed. Busa ownership is everything I though it would be and more.

The bike is amazing and I will continue to grow and learn from it as my skill set increases. It's one of the best relationships I've ever had! I receive compliments from people everywhere I go; at stop lights from cars beside me to kids on their bmx bikes and men suffering from the mid life crisis in the grocery store parking lot. Even women like the Busa. Everyone seems to know what it is, what it can do and how exotic it is.

I have only been riding for a year and moved up from a Goldwing GL1100 to my Busa but have done all of the research over the past year or more. I attended racing school in May of this year and after completing the course I knew the Busa was going to be in the garage very soon. The reason I started riding was to own a Busa. I drive it solo and as a SPORT touring bike and drive it every day, it is not a garage queen and never will be.

If I had a quarter for every time in the last month I have heard someone under thirty say that they couldn't drive a Busa because they would kill themselves due to lack of control with the throttle hand I'd be retired already.

I have a very healthy respect for the bike and drive with a VERY mature throttle hand, not that I don't twist the throttle now and again but I'm aware of what and where I'm doing at all times!! I'm over fourty, have a family to live for and a great insurance rate to protect so I drive with much respect for the Busa.

It is a great experience to own a Busa, there is a great deal of pride of ownership. The Busa is the great intimidater and there is not much of a challenge with anything else on the road. It's an amazing feeling when someone raises a challenge and then crawls away with the tail between their legs once they see what you are driving!!

Glad to be hear and part of the Busa gang.
Always keeping it safe for another day of driving.
smile.gif

Another "mature rider" nice to see. You don't get older you just get faster. Enjoy the ride. If you make it to Nova Scotia on one of your tours look me up.

good post. i've had mine for a month now also. best motorcycle i've ever owned and i've owned a few as i've been riding all my life and i'm 60. i am so happy with my new busa. i still have a harley electraglide with a harley sidecar. fun rig-but a different style altogether. the busa is my 1st sportbike. i get the same comments as you from idiots that don't know anything about motorcycles (and some that claim they do!). everyone would kill themselves on "that" bike. i researched this bike since last year mostly on these forums from busa owners, it's everything i expected and more. the bike captures the pure essence of motorcycling. i am a mature rider and the power is very controlable. i've had experienced sport bike riders blow me away on lesser bikes but i don't have to prove anything. the busa is the best out there and brings me unspeakable joy. my only regret is that i didn't buy one in 1999.

Back