My First Bike is a Busa!

Busa_Nick

Registered
I know what alot of you guys are thinking, why on earth would this fool get his first bike a Busa? Is he insane? crazy? or just plain retarded?

First off, I got alot of respect for the Bike, I am not crazy stupid and I understand how a manual works, I actually think its really easy to change gears. I drive a 6 speed N-S-X, so a manual is nothing new to me. I am taking everything very slow with the busa, and making sure that I am not doing anything to injur myself or harm the bike...

The first 40 miles I've put on this Bike are from empty parking lots, subdivisions and roads that go 25-45mph, I have gotten the the bike upto 45mph but only during the day on a road with hardly any cars, I feel much more comfortable when nobody is around me. At night though it seems alot more scarier driving the Busa, but that will change the more I ride and more experience I gain.

I read in the manual the first 500 miles are very important and is there anything I can make sure that I am not doing wrong? i.e. stalling the bike (which I only did once), or downshifting too much? What really hurts the bike during this time-frame besides driving the gears up too high?

I've had the bike for 2 days now, have not dropped it on the ground or even put a scratch on it, oh my dog did try to take a leak on it though and got his ass beat for tryin, as I said though I have alot of respect for this machine, plus I did not finance the thing, I paid cash and when you put out that much money for something nice, its even more important to keep it brand new...

Anyways, I want to know what you guys think of a first time biker with a Hayabusa, and what your recommendations are. Please don't tell me I need to sell the busa or any garbage like that, give me some encouragement, its too late, I own the bike now and really am quite pleased with it. I have included a photo from yesterday.

I'm 6'1" about 180lbs and the bike really doesn't seem all that heavy.

2465835553_5ec75f3531_m.jpg

Thanks for any tips you might have for a new biker!

its yours now like you said and if you approach this carefully a busa can be a first bike theres guys here that have one as their first the one thing that always enters my mind is once you feel comfortable controlling your bike the next step is surviving traffic and whatever may occur it just takes time but thats what always worries me take that course its good and you should with a new bike and being a new rider i dont think its to big for you besides theres lots of mods you can do and welcome
beerchug.gif
and get some gear on that lower half
cool.gif

Hey thanks for the post...I appreciate the comments. I think the class would be a great thing, and I agree about the traffic, its much different when you have to react to certain things, I can already tell when driving the busa you have to think ahead of time, like, whats going to happen if you do this, or this... For right now I am just getting used to switching gears, braking, and basically the basics.

The reason I don't have gear on the lower half is because my woman just wanted a pic of me in the driveway and I figured I wouldn't need it there.

Also, I noticed your Bike in your avatar image is very similiar to this 2005 Busa that is for sale that I found in my area, I was thinking about purchasing this for a friend of mine, so he can ride with me when I go out, what do you think of this Busa, he is asking $4,200.

Here is his response to my enquiry about that bike that looks pretty similiar to yours, with a link to some pics:

"Thank you for your interest in purchasing my bike. I know that there are numerous offers on the web and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase. I am a private seller not a shop and I had (for the moment) the privilege to buy this bike for a low cost from a bankrupt store so that you have the opportunity to purchase from me at a great saving from the original price.

We bought it along with others in order to make a showroom, but life had another plan for us. My wife was promoted so we had to move to another town and we do not have time to make our showroom.

Besides, there are a lot of things which have priority now, so, this bike has to go. The bike is in like new condition and the title is clear and clean.

The buy it now price is $ 4200."

Freddy V.

Click here for pictures and details:

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk72/freddyval15/

2005  Suzuki Hayabusa
Miles:  5808    
Engine Size (cc):  1300  
Title:  Clear  
Exterior:  Blue    
VIN Number:  JS1CW71AO52108394

Quick question for anyone out there, when I bought the 2008 Busa at the Suzuki dealership, 1 guy told me water is my enemy when cleaning it, and then another guy there told me that its okay to use water with a special soap, just make sure to dry it off.

Then I noticed they had some kind of spray/polish fluid that you just spray on and wipe away, and they told me that it was the best, what do you recommend using for cleaning the Busa, and is water really an enemy?

not sure of the price i always price it using nada.com sounds low and all of his reasons make me suspicious but more importantly i have to see it and get my hands on it

I agree, thanks, I will be riding over there sometime this week to look at it, looks very clean. Do you happen to know how many miles a Busa should get in its lifetime if not abused? I am just curious. A buddy of mine was looking at a bike with 12,000 miles on it and told me that its like 100,000 miles on a car. What should the average Busa get before the engine is toast?

If anyone wants to see, heres a better pic of my car:

2432862913_49e4e51711_m.jpg

It can't beat the busa in a race though, I don't think any cars could even with turbos and nitrous tanks, lol.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Welcome, be careful. [/quote]

Hey thanks buddy, safety first, thats why I really don't want to be on any major roads, I had a close run in with a small dog that ran out in the road earlier, lucky for him I saw him ahead of time, and was only going 15mph in the subdivision. I could not imagine a deer jumping out in the road or even a racoon or small animal, what would happen???

Anyone ever run over an animal, could a small creature make the bike flip?

What should you do, try to brake? Perhaps steer towards the back of the animal so it continues to run in the same direction? I know alot of squirels will actually turn around the other way when you do that and get hit...

Friend of mine from upper michigan told me once about large elk that actually try to run at motorcycles and knock them over, I would freak out.

I turned 30K on mine today and it's as strong as the day I got it...
30K alot for a bike? That is very good that its still running strong, I plan on putting alot of extra miles on my bike so that they don't go on the car..
smile.gif

Nice bike by the way, I am considering getting a blue/silver 05 busa for a friend of mine, I liked the black/grey but if that wasn't available I probably would have gotten the blue one.

I know how you feel.

My first bike:

hyabusa009.jpg

So far so good. I think it was a good idea buying something that scares the **** out of me, lol.
Ive been riding it for two days now, like you, on backroads and whatnot, and im getting more and more comfortable slowly but surely. Still nervous as hell in traffic, but hopefully that will change soon.
Good luck, and be safe.

Yeah, alot of the people in my area drive like f-tards, so I am really not comfortable yet driving the bike on major highways or roads. I have a 2008 Busa, I like the chrome pipes but I am also diggin the stock pipes for now on mine, lol. I'm sure I'll end up doing alot to this bike in the future.

2466653129_b3a25f0a0f_m.jpg

2466653641_57bc8a2bfc_m.jpg

My car with the new wheels on it, chrome only good for sure too much weight:

2467481142_17f5e84f62_m.jpg

2467481758_d423f01057_m.jpg

I turned 30K on mine today and it's as strong as the day I got it...
30K alot for a bike? That is very good that its still running strong, I plan on putting alot of extra miles on my bike so that they don't go on the car..
smile.gif

Nice bike by the way, I am considering getting a blue/silver 05 busa for a friend of mine, I liked the black/grey but if that wasn't available I probably would have gotten the blue one.
There are a couple of guys on this board that have over 100K.

First bike ever? Not saying it can't be done but.........We can't say it enough' that this isn't the smartest way to safely learn to ride but seeing as you already bought it. Take it reel slow. get full gear(head to tow),go take a safety course, and get full coverage on your ins. Your questions about hitting squirles,water hurting bike, and had the bike for days and haven't droped it yet all worry me. There are a lot of things to learn but I wouldn't put any of thoose at the top of the list. Sorry but it just sounds like you're gonna hurt yourself with this as your first bike.JMHO

Welcome to the oRg, as said above, get full gear, take it slow. Also take a MSF safety course to learn some basic survival skills. Ride like EVERYONE is trying to kill you. Take it slow, respect the right wrist. The difference between the busa and almost every other bike out there is torque, it has a lot of it. Because of this, it can get you in trouble much faster (in the blink of an eye) than anything else you could ride. So respect it or it will bite you. Also remember that speed is deceptive, when you think you are doing 55 you could be well into the 80's or 90's.

00Busa has 100k plus on his 2000 busa, as long as you take care of it you want have any problems.
thumb_up.gif

Back