My First Bike is a Busa!

When you people say first bike does that mean your assuming that the guy has never been on a bike before and knows nothing about the clutch, shifting or any thing else?
I used to have a moped, but thats not a real bike nor was it a manual.

When I got on the Busa it was the first time on an actual bike, never used the clutch, or anything on it for that matter.

Thats why I immediately took it across the street to a empty parking lot and began learning a few things on my own, of course... only after I read the Busa manual and got some tips from a kind employee at the Suzuki dealership who has an 07 Busa.

I have no issues at all coming to complete stops at stop signs and moving along in first gear, I stalled the one time but because I didn't know anything about the clutch, now I have gotten it upto 5th gear and working on properly downshifting, etc.

Anyone know how I can get the light to work that tells me when I should be shifting? I read what it says in the manual but I would still like the light to appear when the time comes. Is there a mod for that, what would I need to do?

I had to go find this video again... it seems appropriate.
This guy may hold the shortest distance from the dealer crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how I can get the light to work that tells me when I should be shifting? I read what it says in the manual but I would still like the light to appear when the time comes. Is there a mod for that, what would I need to do?
Here is what I do

1-2 "when the front end starts to come down"
2-3 "right before you start to slide off the back"
3-4 "when the dotted line in the road starts to look like a solid line"
4-5 "when you have to be in a full tuck to stay on the bike"
5-6 "when cars seem to be going backwards"
6-7 "no matter how many times I try to shift to 7th, it isn't there"

Ohhh man that's horrible, see when I let off the clutch I do it slowly and the Busa doesn't have such a violent take-off like that guy in the video, I barely give it gas, I think he gave it way to much juice?

I didn't feel comfortable riding the busa home from the dealership, just not a good idea for first time on it, it was a good 10-15 miles on a 55mph road with alot of idiot drivers, so the kind suzuki dude followed us home thankfully.

Still riding every day... 50 next year and this bike has power I haven't even experienced yet.
+100
thumb_up.gif

Welcome!

Ride within your ability! Don't let other riders you might end up riding with push you past what you feel comfortable with. Most everyone has cell phones and you can call them if they lose you etc... Remain in control of your life don't let others riders gain control. You can drive down the same road a thousand times and the 1001th time there could be sand on the corner. People in cages(cars) will pull out,change into your lane cause they won't see you cause they are in a rush. You only have one headlight unlike cars that have two it can throw off the elderly. Don't fear the bike,but riding is a constant "What IF".

congrast bro be safe im a first timer on mine but i bought it on st pattys day last year and i'be just rolled 4,500 miles and im doing fine dropped it once in the living room on this st. pattys day but other than that its been smooth sailing

Here is what I do

1-2 "when the front end starts to come down"
2-3 "right before you start to slide off the back"
3-4 "when the dotted line in the road starts to look like a solid line"
4-5 "when you have to be in a full tuck to stay on the bike"
5-6 "when cars seem to be going backwards"
6-7 "no matter how many times I try to shift to 7th, it isn't there"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ohhh man that's horrible, see when I let off the clutch I do it slowly and the Busa doesn't have such a violent take-off like that guy in the video, I barely give it gas, I think he gave it way to much juice?
That guy was riding on a brand new tire that hadn't been broken in yet. It was bound to happen not to mention he could've been showing off for the camera.
eek2.gif

Back