Busa as a first bike

03cobra456

Registered
i was wondering how many of u guys bought a busa as ur first bike. i am picking one up in the winter. i have ridden bikes before, but never steady or owned one.

i am a firm believer in that the bike will only do what u tell it to. if u wanna drive a normale 3-40 mph, u can and if u wanna go 180 u can.

any thought would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
steve

p.s- this is why it took me so long to buy one, i know its a car and this is a bike sight but i figured some might apprciate it, and didnt wanna get flammed for not posting a pic in a first post
DSC00281.jpg

Sweet car bro, (i like it)!

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with a busa as a first bike...as long as you've got your head in the right place...(a LOT of sportbikers have it up their azzes).

If i decide its right for me at the time, it may end up my first sportbike too, (ridden dirt stuff for about 8yrs tho).

Anyway, do what YOU think is right, but for goodness sake...BE CAREFUL!!!

Enjoy your bike, and welcome to the board.
cool.gif

yea get an '08.  C-mode is like training wheels.

Seriously though just understand your riding a machine that can dip into the 9's right off the show room floor.  Any street vehicle that fast needs to be treated with a good deal of respect.  If you can handle that then go for it.

Do you guys think that a b c mode option will only be on the 08S or is that going to be standard now sorry i dont know what thats called

busa was my first streetbike. I've rode friend's bikes a few times and rode dirt for 15 yrs and still do and I didn't have a problem making the transition.

how old are you? have you taken any formal training? Do you have a motorcycle endorsement on your license?

I am twenty three years old six foot two hundrerd twenty pounds i have my motorcycle license and i would be taking a safety course before i buy it i am not into racing i like the looks of the bike as well as performance and believe me i would be in c mode all the time lol does anyone know if thats just an option for the 08 models or its going to be standard from now on

the c mode thing was kind of joke, a person who does not have the displine to control the throttle i doubt would be able to keep it on gimp mode.

The power selector is not an option, its standard equipment don't know how long they will last.

Welcome aboard!
your idea of "...the bike will only do what u tell it to." is fairly accurate except for the unknown variable. eg; i was turning on to an on ramp when i hit a pot hole, the jolt caused me to jerk back a little and in doing so goosed the throttle. On my harleys that's not such a big deal, but on my 'busa...that little goose threw me back and I alomost lost hold of the bars... trust me and all the others on here..this thing has Instant Monster Power! Respect!
cool.gif

i was wondering how many of u guys bought a busa as ur first bike. i am picking one up in the winter. i have ridden bikes before, but never steady or owned one.

i am a firm believer in that the bike will only do what u tell it to. if u wanna drive a normale 3-40 mph, u can and if u wanna go 180 u can.

any thought would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
steve

p.s- this is why it took me so long to buy one, i know its a car and this is a bike sight but i figured some might apprciate it, and didnt wanna get flammed for not posting a pic in a first post
DSC00281.jpg

Nice looking snake. I've been riding on and off for quite some time and the busa is my first bike I purchased and I haven't had any problems. If you are gonna be immature on it....its probably not a good idea to buy one. Here's my '97 cobra, Kenne Bell supercharged, chipped, etc.

l_0d27976abfb197ff714c888d9dd8ba08.jpg

dude...the snake is sick!! DBF has a nice lookin ride too! I'm 21 yrs old, 5'11" and 195lbs...I just bought my first bike...'08 busa. I absolutely love the bike. and you're right...it only does what I tell it to do. with that being said, i've experienced the same thing as acehole...hit a pothole and it almost tossed me right off. scary stuff! all in all...i LOVE the hayabusa and wouldn't give it up for the world. have fun and be safe!

I haven't bought my 'Busa yet but it will be my next bike. I started with an '06 Kawi Ninja 650R. I'd never ridden anything before when I got it. No dirt bike, no street bike, nothing...and I dropped my Ninja in the driveway twice. Real soft drops and I had the engine mount - fairing cut sliders, so there was no real damage to the bike. I scraped the sliders and bar ends a little bit. Anyway, I think a 'Busa would have been too much for my first bike, but that's just me. Just getting used to moving that much weight around took me a little while, and the Kawi is light compared to these big machines. I've been riding a couple years now and I've ridden my friends 'Busa a time or two. LOL, I never got past 3rd gear. Incredibly different than my Kawi.

But that's the thing, whatever bike you start on you are going to have to get used to riding something different when you switch. So I guess what I'm saying is; do you think a 'Busa would be a good idea for your first bike?

-Nate

Nice rides you guys, always liked mustangs. I'll put a few of my import, and the busa does beat it, but not by much.

The 08 Busa was my first bike, I have about 700 miles on it. Never dropped it, not a scratch on it. Its alot of fun but you gotta ride it like it could be your last ride. Respect the bike, take things slow, and drive it like everyone is out to kill you on it. Don't drive it like you stole it, not in the beginning anyway. =)

Since ya'll are posting up pics of your cars, here is one of mine:

2811697805_d331f13a71.jpg

Has stage III single turbo kit - Garrett put me back about 15 grand on that alone.

2812545554_18fe5ed1f0.jpg

This pic is from a recent car show, I took 'best import' out of many other super-cars that were there that day, I was quite surprised because of all the other exotics looked really clean also.

2484344204_27b0a30ccd.jpg

If anyone is wondering, the reason why my hood is not up at the car show is because the engine is in the rear behind the glass and I did not feel like showing off my battery and fan in the front :)

Last edited:
Back