My First Bike is a Busa!

beerchug.gif
welcometo the Org. If this is your first bike, take the safty course, get your license, then ride, ride, ride, the more the better. You will never stop learning. Assume that everyone around you, will try and hit you or take your space. good luck. hope you are still here at 1K, 10K, and 100K miles.

Nice Busa! I know you will love it - just don't get too upset when you finally do get that first little scratch on it. Once that happens you can finally start enjoying it! Be safe
cool.gif

Beautiful ride. BE CAREFUL.

I'm not going to beat you up about making a 'Busa your first bike. Please don't prove any of us that would advise you against starting on a 'Busa right.

Oh, and there's two types of riders. Those that HAVE dropped their bikes, and those that WILL.
beerchug.gif

First bike ever? Not saying it can't be done but.........We can't say it enough' that this isn't the smartest way to safely learn to ride but seeing as you already bought it. Take it reel slow. get full gear(head to tow),go take a safety course, and get full coverage on your ins. Your questions about hitting squirles,water hurting bike, and had the bike for days and haven't droped it yet all worry me. There are a lot of things to learn but I wouldn't put any of thoose at the top of the list. Sorry but it just sounds like you're gonna hurt yourself with this as your first bike.JMHO
I can understand why you would think that, but I was just being told two different things about keeping it clean, of course I want to take proper care of the bike, thats all.

As far as avoiding animals that run out in the street, its more of a curiousity thing, plus I already had an experience with one, I would just like to know what happens if a poor creature does venture in front of the bike and you do hit it on accident, depending on size I'm sure it could make the bike flip or would the wheel simply roll over it?

beerchug.gif
welcometo the Org. If this is your first bike, take the safty course, get your license, then ride, ride, ride, the more the better. You will never stop learning. Assume that everyone around you, will try and hit you or take your space. good luck. hope you are still here at 1K, 10K, and 100K miles.
I should be here, I will always keep up with the forums, but if your talking about being here on this earth, I think crashing on the Busa would be a really bad way to go, plus I have children to think about, so I am really not going to drive like a maniac and pretty much take it really slow.

Nice Busa! I know you will love it - just don't get too upset when you finally do get that first little scratch on it. Once that happens you can finally start enjoying it! Be safe  
cool.gif
Thanks and I hope the scratch doesn't come for awhile ;) I'm already enjoying it, just like the brand new look!!!
smile.gif
why are you logged on here and not riding?  
laugh.gif
Because I just wokeup, and I want to make sure I am not 1/2 asleep before I ride, plus I need to take a shower to get fully awake and get something in my stomach
smile.gif

Why are you here and not riding?

smile.gif

cool.gif
Thanks and I hope the scratch doesn't come for awhile ;) I'm already enjoying it, just like the brand new look!!!
smile.gif
why are you logged on here and not riding?  
laugh.gif
Because I just wokeup, and I want to make sure I am not 1/2 asleep before I ride, plus I need to take a shower to get fully awake and get something in my stomach
smile.gif

Why are you here and not riding?
I am about to go to work in a minute. When I first got the busa, I rode it so much that the wife wanted to leave me
laugh.gif

smile.gif

laugh.gif

It's alot of fun, eventhough I am not going fast, seems like each time I get on I get alittle better at it, especially taking off, etc. I do not give hardly any gas though when letting off the clutch, the Busa just wants to take off, its not needed.

Congrats on your new Busa!! I bought mine new nearly 5 years ago and it was my first sport bike...did just fine, just take your time, get to know the bike, get a lot of seat time in and try taking it everywhere and doing everything so you know what the bike can and will do...

Just have fun...glad to have you on the oRg!!
bowdown.gif

Welcome aboard!

You already have the bike so it's pointless to harp on you about that. Keep your head about you and ride within your comfort zone at all times. The Busa is a potent street weapon that can bite very hard with little notice. Learn the limits of the brakes before you hit the traffic. Take the MSF course ASAP! You have much to learn about motorcycles. I have been riding for 19 years and I still learn something new every ride. If you don't it's time to hang up the bike and quit. Over confidence will hurt and it will hurt bad! I currently have 2000mi on my 08, and I still haven't learned everything about it's personallity. Listen to and feel the Busa. It will reveal it's personallity when you are ready.

Ride safe. I'd like to see you still riding and posting here for many more years to come.

BTW. The only thing that cars and motorcycles have in common is that they need to be shifted. Does your car have the gear selector on the floor by your foot, and the clutch on the steering wheel? I didn't think so. Practice, practice, practice... There is never enough.

beerchug.gif

I just bought a 2008 blue/gold busa myself as a first bike. Im 44yrs old. I wouldent pay to much attention to the people who say you are going to hurt or kill yourself. Think positive thoughts and take it easy and slow to get used to it. You can kill yourself on a 250cc. The worst rider is one thats afraid,what ya need is encouragement.
beerchug.gif

Billy,

Where are you located? You may want to find a few Busa brethren in your area to gleen positive experiences from. They can usually help you become a much better rider with a beast like the Busa.

There are negative people everywhere. Even with the miles I have ridden I still had a friend at work ask me "Why in the world would you buy a death machine like that?". He knows I have been riding for more years than he has, but he still asked.

Honda Polish is the best i have found... Man it will get stuff off the bike that has grwn roots into the paint
cool.gif
Nice bike man I jsut switched to a Busa myself this past weekend from a Ninja.. WOW WHAT A DIFFRENCE!! I should had switched 2 years ago..

Billy,

Where are you located?  You may want to find a few Busa brethren in your area to gleen positive experiences from.  They can usually help you become a much better rider with a beast like the Busa.

There are negative people everywhere.  Even with the miles I have ridden I still had a friend at work ask me "Why in the world would you buy a death machine like that?".  He knows I have been riding for more years than he has, but he still asked.
Hey, I am from Minnesota. Your right about there is negative people everywhere but the last thing you need when on a busa as your first bike is a bunch of negitive thoughts going thru your head. A confident rider on a first bike is better than a non-confident rider but a rider who is too confident can lead to problems too.

Man this is the way i have also thought of it... A 500 buell and a 1300 Busa when you are in traffic they will both get you hurt the same way! I hear that from people alot too at work your crazy man for buying that thing!! I tell them its only as dangerous as you let it be.. You cant control other peoples mistakes on the road.. I just ride and try to use common sense when its my time its my time
hello.gif
just my 2 cents

Just ride like everyone, i mean everyone, is trying to kill you

welcome btw

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back