pickin up my first busa!!

tommygunn

Registered
well im picking up my '07 busa tuesday..i cant wait!!. this is my first post here and hope to learn alot about the bike from this site. wasn't sure i could afford the insurance being 20 and all but just got off the phone and we are good to go. this isn't my first bike. i use to have a 600rr that i put about 10k miles on before decideing i wanted something with more power and comfort. i coulnt decide between the busa and the 1000 but i figured since i couldn't care less about turns and like to take trips to the beach and back in one day(175mi each way) that the busa would be better for me. im 6'3 and 200lbs and i just felt to cramped on the 1000s. any advice for when i get it? anything i need to look out for? does the front end shoot up at about 8k like a 1000 does? i have really good throttle control..my first dirtbike ever and first one i ever rode was a cr250, then first streetbike was a 600rr..so i think ill be fine

anyway..look forward to talking everyone

Welcome and congrats! Be careful of that right wrist and you should be okay. Is the bike new or used?

welcome,
beerchug.gif
hope u got a blue one because thats the fastest color..
cool.gif

ooo and as soon as you get the bike you need to post pics or you will get alot of this my friend
lurk.gif
worthless.gif

Congrats..   and remember..  new tires are slippery..  don't give 'er a big handful leaving the dealership parking lot....  crashing in the first 100 yards would totally suck

thanks, yea im use to how those tires are. i use to work at the honda/suzuki dealership and would have to ride all the bikes around the parking lot to sorta get that stuff off and check brakes, etc.

just a quick question. will a busa pull the front wheel under hard take off or can i get on it w/o it coming up on me?

thanks, yea im use to how those tires are. i use to work at the honda/suzuki dealership and would have to ride all the bikes around the parking lot to sorta get that stuff off and check brakes, etc.  

just a quick question. will a busa pull the front wheel under hard take off or can i get on it w/o it coming up on me?
I will come up. Welcome.

id be more concerened keeping it in the ground dont worry about trying to get it to lift up until you are Comftorbale with the bike for a while.

Welcome
hello.gif
, and anything to watch out for
winkold.gif
, Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, let me think
sadnews.gif

How about Cops
laugh.gif

Welcome to the Gang
jump9.gif

Picked up my first Busa today, 2006 White LE. 5300 mi on it...2nd bike. First was a cruiser. It was heavier than this bike. Would like to know besides cops, anything to look for {being used}. I would like to know where you can pick up something that will help protect the fairing, engine, case. I am used to highway bars, so dont know what you call it for a Busa.

Picked up my first Busa today, 2006 White LE.  5300 mi on it...2nd bike.  First was a cruiser.  It was heavier than this bike.  Would like to know besides cops, anything to look for {being used}.  I would like to know where you can pick up something that will help protect the fairing, engine, case.  I am used to highway bars, so dont know what you call it for a Busa.
Way to high jack a thread.
laugh.gif
Do a search on "race rails", and welcome to you too!

Picked up my first Busa today, 2006 White LE.  5300 mi on it...2nd bike.  First was a cruiser.  It was heavier than this bike.  Would like to know besides cops, anything to look for {being used}.  I would like to know where you can pick up something that will help protect the fairing, engine, case.  I am used to highway bars, so dont know what you call it for a Busa.
Congrats! I also have an 06 LE. LOVE it! They are called sliders and require holes to be drilled in the side fairing panels in order to connect with a large enough bolt hole to provide the most protection. Some say they're only worth it in a tipover or (very) slow speed get off. Any faster and the plastics are going to get a workover no matter what. I don't have them on mine but my daughter has them on her SV650, a relatively naked bike but they worked pretty well on a (very) slow get off in gravel and all she lost was a shifter.

DSC01449__Medium_.JPG

Thank you for the information. Looks like mine
smile.gif
sorry twotonevert, didnt try to "highjack" anything, just a question. Don't think I will post here again. Goodbye

update: got it yesturday..already put 125miles on it and im lovin it!! just cant wait to get it broke in so i can open her up one time

Back