pickin up an 06 monday.

Stay away from that deal!! Panels don't even match, no telling what its been through? lol..."Little bit of body damage". The panels are completely different to that year / model on both sides no less. You can find MUCH better for 8k. Stay away from that girl.

Oh wow, I couldn't agree more!! Nose cone and tank don't match the rest of the bike so who knows! Even at 6G I'd be very wary of purchasing this bike!

Don't make an impulse buy and regret it!!

Re: pickin up an 06 monday or not.

Oh wow, I couldn't agree more!! Nose cone and tank don't match the rest of the bike so who knows! Even at 6G I'd be very wary of purchasing this bike!

Don't make an impulse buy and regret it!!

thank you! thank you! THANK YOU! i knew talkin to yall would help. i thought there was something strange when i couldnt find the color scheme in the 06 line up. :bowdown: i coulda made a big mistake.
ok well then....shoot! darnit, and shucks too. i almost got screwd by a dealership.:banghead:..lol go figgure.
ok i guess im now lookin for a Hayabusa. in wyoming, if i can. found an 07 in Glenrock 30mi. away, www.glenrockmotorsports.com guess i'll go look at it tomorrow. wont pay more than book though, and it better be low mi. sweet shape. if its the one im thinkin about its silver, and quite nice.
well the search is on. fevers still hot :cheerleader:
thanks again!!!

Re: pickin up an 06 monday or not.

thank you! thank you! THANK YOU! i knew talkin to yall would help. i thought there was something strange when i couldnt find the color scheme in the 06 line up. :bowdown: i coulda made a big mistake.
ok well then....shoot! darnit, and shucks too. i almost got screwd by a dealership.:banghead:..lol go figgure.
ok i guess im now lookin for a Hayabusa. in wyoming, if i can. found an 07 in Glenrock 30mi. away, www.glenrockmotorsports.com guess i'll go look at it tomorrow. wont pay more than book though, and it better be low mi. sweet shape. if its the one im thinkin about its silver, and quite nice.
well the search is on. fevers still hot :cheerleader:
thanks again!!!

Good move brotha. Be patient, theres a Busa in your future. Sometimes those shops aren't the best places to look. Paper, Feebay, Craigs list and local fer sale displays on the corner..lol
And I know....this.....Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan..:beerchug:

Last edited:
went to the shop today to question them more about the 06 and its non matching panels. after looking again i am NOT buying that 06. but what i did do is fall in lust with a blue 08 w/1000mi on it. can get it for bout $30 more a month. think im gonna go for it. i am really likein the service plan through this dealership. 3yr covers everything, even said theyd wash it every time i want:rofl:, free oil changes, any defective parts replaced free. really the only reason in buying from a stealership is some kind of warranty. i need a bike i can run 30,000mi with no problems, and if it does break, i don't wanna fix it myself. i got enough bikes to work on. i am going to go look at an 07 in glenrock tomorrow, they were closed today.:whistle: i did go look at a victory vison today...$27-$28,000 holy smokes! i can afford a few hundred a month but not another house payment!! sheesh. they are nice. nice an funny lookin.:rofl: maybe in 5 yrs i'll find a used one. ya can never have too many bikes.
now i gotta go do me research on the difference between gen1 and 2.

busa busa :cheerleader: raa raa raa!

not sure where $8K was quoted but sounds way rich to me... I have seen 08,s with the same mileage for the same price... do yourself a favor... keep waiting...

went to the shop today to question them more about the 06 and its non matching panels. after looking again i am NOT buying that 06. but what i did do is fall in lust with a blue 08 w/1000mi on it. can get it for bout $30 more a month. think im gonna go for it. i am really likein the service plan through this dealership. 3yr covers everything, even said theyd wash it every time i want:rofl:, free oil changes, any defective parts replaced free. really the only reason in buying from a stealership is some kind of warranty. i need a bike i can run 30,000mi with no problems, and if it does break, i don't wanna fix it myself. i got enough bikes to work on. i am going to go look at an 07 in glenrock tomorrow, they were closed today.:whistle: i did go look at a victory vison today...$27-$28,000 holy smokes! i can afford a few hundred a month but not another house payment!! sheesh. they are nice. nice an funny lookin.:rofl: maybe in 5 yrs i'll find a used one. ya can never have too many bikes.
now i gotta go do me research on the difference between gen1 and 2.

busa busa :cheerleader: raa raa raa!

Hunting for your perfect bird is a half of fun. Be patient, and vie for the timing; a la hayabusa. Welcome BTW.
Posted via Mobile Device

well let it never be said i didn't look at every hayabusa in 50 mi. i went to the bank and began paperwork on a brand new 0mi. 2007 at the dealership in Glenrock wy. $1800.00 less than the used scrached up 08 they have here in casper. i hope im doin the right thing! i feel alot better with a NEW zero miles bike. thats alot of money to spend, i want undamaged! the 08 had fallen over at some time and had some scratches on the plastic and the front brake lever. that really turned me off. i was working on signing papers on it when they rolled it out from between 2 other bikes and it revealed some damage on the right side. i stopped the deal, and left the dealership. went out to look at a few others before i signed anything. in the end my wife (who isn't thrilled about this) helped me make the choice. for some reason i felt an obligation to buy from the shop here in town. they are real high pressure sales people. after dealing with the folks in Glenrock, they were really low pressure and willin to deal. gave me a good price on the extended warentee, saved $1000 right there. its a brighter blue than the 08,but still blue.
i pick it up friday! will post pics then. dang thats alot of money! hope im doin the right thing, guess only time will tell.
busa busa :cheerleader: raa raa raa

wow its kinda settin in. i am just about to buy my 1st new bike. wow let me think.. i started at 13 with a 76 ke175 that i bought for $35 and a guitar distortion pedal. my parents forbid it, and when i blew up the piston and they reacted by throwing it in the dump when I was gone on a trip. I didn’t ride again til 98 when I traded some lampworking equipment for a 79 kz 750b that a friend just couldn’t get to run. That bike was a great learning experience. I took it to a bike mechanic that had me work on the bike, and every 20-30min would walk by and say, “unbolt that thing.” Or “put the electrical tester to that part, it should read……” 4hrs and $480 bucks later it turns out the coil was bad. That was my first lesson to motorcycle mechanics. If you own your own shop and know what your talkin about, you can make your customers work on their own bike and pay you $86hr. that began my drive to become a motorcycle builder. I saw jessiejames, and said “I can do that!” by that time I had become a magnet for old jap bikes. After the kz, I came across a 750 yamaha triple for $300, then a 750 hondamatic thought my wife might ride it, then I found a cb900c, ramhorn bars windjammer and bags. Stripped that fella, put on some spotrier bars and proceeded to ride wheelies on it. Had a friend in need of $$ and bought my first wing, a 82 1100 interstate. That was my introduction to touring bikes. When I took it for a test ride, I found the stereo about 10mi down the road. Born to be wild started just as I turned the sucker on!! Freakin sold! I wore out the tires on that wing so a 79 gl1000 found its way to my door. Turns out some fella got drunk and wiped out commin into town from the lake. Rolled the bike 4 times, got a ticket for bein drunk (luckey he lived) his ol lady got mad at him, he smaked the ol lady, wrong wrong wrong!, ol lady was gonna call the cops on him so he ran to AZ., called up his sister and asked her to sell what was left of his bike, brotherinlaw sees my herd of hondi and knocks on my door. Gave him $200 for it. Bent out the pipes so they didn’t touch the back wheel anymore, put on a headlight and some gauges, and I’ve ridden it 20,000 miles so far. Bought and sold the same cb750 dohc 4 times now, even gave it away once, and its always comes back. Its pretty beat up now! Lots of rodeos! I ended up with a friend of mines 83 gl1100, gonna sell it to a big ol Indian gal after I play with it for a while. Lately I have been given a 85 v45 saber, Yamaha 750 special (no carbs), kz 650 (again no carbs) , a 425 suzuki, and a kz I think it’s a 560ltd, oh yea and a Kawasaki f6, and an ol Honda xl125. Somewhere in there here bout 3-5 yrs ago I bought another kz 750b for a friend heddin to the pen, picked it up for $100 cash. Conna chop it out like the 1st one some day. Was gonna make a “sport bike” out of it..lol just don’t think it will compare to a spankin new 07 busa! “) . here about 5 yrs ago I got the sidecar bug, not bein able to spend 2k findin out if it was fun or not, I spent $100 on some metal and built my own. Ok it tyrned out like a side porch more than a hack but its fun, an I only have $175 in the 400 hondamatic its hooked/turnbuckled/welded to. 5000mi later its still fun! Did I mention I still have every bike I ever rode! Except the cb900, it paid my rent for a summer…..
well my cpu battery is runn low. Post more later. And I know pics pics pics!...just yall wait.

sorry P.W.D. i do it alot..:whistle:

blur oops i mean blue 2007

picked it up this evening. setteled on a brand spankin new 07, now 40mi, never even had a battery in it. im as happy as a pig in ****. did a 3rd gear roll on tward 8000rpm, WOW, had to slow down. i was goin faster than i had ever gone on 2 wheels. 120mph!! this mechine has more useable power than i'll ever need. love it! too fun! all me biker buddies are confused...love that too.

busa busa :cheerleader: raa raa raa yay busa :cheerleader:

ouch, my cheeks hurt from smiling!!

my camera 114.jpg

my camera 117.jpg

my camera 124.jpg

my camera 119.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! I remember when I rode mine off the lot for the very first time, it had .6 miles on her!:thumbsup:

Before my very first ride on her...

l_4931b07d369aa7b8401b39a66b9a58bd[1].jpg

Totally sweet! I'm glad you've taken the plunge and bought new! I would NEVER buy a used sport bike, that's like... ummm... sloppy seconds or something. You just don't know what you're *really* gonna get and when laying down that much hard-earned cash, what's an extra few grand for peace of mind, warranty and the big fat naught on the speedo. :thumbsup:

Oh, and :welcome: to the .org from another new 'busa owner and forum member.

20090512-IMG00065-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find for sure! Break it in first tho.....8k in 3rd ain't breakin' it in right.

Lots of good roads around Casper too, as you know....watch out for the deer and the antelope playing!

Back