First Bike.. First Busa. First Everything

ATT_1440204996698_20150821_185305.jpg

I have the same mean machine, just a few minor changes, enjoy your new addition and welcome!

Wow a Busa for a first bike. It's a bit like having a hooker for a first girl friend! Watch the wheels - just before they pull out on you, the wheels start to move out a bit. Brake or get the hell out of there before they move. Watch it in the wet - drain covers are lethal. After break in, get the revs as close to redline as you dare a couple of times, it helps to bed things in. The Busa is easy to lug in town but keep the revs above 3k if you can. I have had a lot of compliments since I got mine 2 months ago. I expect you have too.

Here's some obscure advice. When you park, be sure the bike is in first, and make sure to roll it forward in gear until all the tranny slack is gone before you put the stand down.
Also, make sure you don't do anything that involves the phrase "Hey, watch this", lol.
I can barely imagine how much fun you must be having. Enjoy! Beautiful colors too!

Wow a Busa for a first bike. It's a bit like having a hooker for a first girl friend! Watch the wheels - just before they pull out on you, the wheels start to move out a bit. Brake or get the hell out of there before they move. Watch it in the wet - drain covers are lethal. After break in, get the revs as close to redline as you dare a couple of times, it helps to bed things in. The Busa is easy to lug in town but keep the revs above 3k if you can. I have had a lot of compliments since I got mine 2 months ago. I expect you have too.

Same here too everyone loves it.. just got the brocks alien head 2 full exhaust and a pcv commander

A couple of questions guys,

1) I'm still in break in period.. should I not go up in rpms or do it every now and then or not at all

2) What alarm is best?

3) How long u guys go before oil changes? I just done my first one

Just got a call back from dealer they fucked up my panels putting my frame sliders in :( there ordering new ones from suzuki

Lovely looking Busa and you take care and make sure you get jackets with long arms coz your arms are gonna stretchhhhh man, Since owning a Busa I can now scratch my knees without having to bend down :lol::lol::lol::race:

this is my favorite color other than 08 orange but didn't want an 08. Looked everywhere for one. Was thrilled i found it. You will get many complements on the color.

IMG_3082.PNG

A couple of questions guys,

1) I'm still in break in period.. should I not go up in rpms or do it every now and then or not at all

2) What alarm is best?

3) How long u guys go before oil changes? I just done my first one

Just got a call back from dealer they fucked up my panels putting my frame sliders in :( there ordering new ones from suzuki

If i were you I would order different frame sliders. I would order the no cut frame sliders. They don't require cutting those expensive fairings. I personally don't have frame sliders on my busa as you can see in the picture but I installed them on my wife's bike because I was not cutting the fairings in case I ever wanted to take them off. No cut is a little different install but still super easy. Well worth the extra money to not have to ruin a fairing.

If i were you I would order different frame sliders. I would order the no cut frame sliders. They don't require cutting those expensive fairings. I personally don't have frame sliders on my busa as you can see in the picture but I installed them on my wife's bike because I was not cutting the fairings in case I ever wanted to take them off. No cut is a little different install but still super easy. Well worth the extra money to not have to ruin a fairing.

Thanks for the response. The shop already messed up the fairings and had to order new ones from Suzuki, the ones to cut into the fairings are already installed now. I see you have the Brock's exhaust on your bike. Which one do you have if you don't mind me asking? I just purchased the Alien head 2 full exhaust with the PC commander V which is getting installed as we speak.

I have the short meg. It is the same exhaust as the alien head 2 except round at the end not the alien head shape. Short meg you can remove the baffle if you ever wanted to. Alien head you should not. I don't plan on removing the baffle it is loud as is. I got it because I just prefer the round look better than the alien head. I think you will be happy. Brock's has top notch product!

I have the short meg .

It is the same exhaust as the alien head 2 except round at the end not the alien head shape .

Short meg you can remove the baffle if you ever wanted to .

Alien head you should not .

I don't plan on removing the baffle it is loud as is .

I got it because I just prefer the round look better than the alien head .

I think you will be happy .

Brock's has top notch product !

Great looking machine man, be careful enjoy yourself and take your time. Keith Code has some good vids on youtube to help with getting comfortable handling the bike.

Back