first bike=08 busa

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
I just bought my first bike...blue 2008 hayabusa! I fell in love with this bike the first time I saw it and just had to have it. I first saw it my sophomore year in high school. Now, I'm turning 21 in May and finally saved up some money and bought myself an 08 Busa for X-mas. I'm north of Chicago so I still haven't even had a chance to ride, still has 0 miles. Any advice for me?? I wish I had a dime for every person who said "you're gonna kill yourself!!"...I'd buy another one! Thanks

First things first, welcome to the oRg. Question, is this your first bike period, or your first busa? If this is your first bike and your first busa, I will suggest you read the threads at the top of the new members page. Also, go now and take the MSF course. Other than that, I cant give advice if I dont know more about you. Also, where are the pics?
beerchug.gif

I took the MSF course this past summer. I was able to ride a Silverado 1600 all summer. I know its no busa but it was good experience and lots of fun. This is the first sportbike I've owned period. I don't plan on gettin on her and seein how fast I can go...not yet anyways. I'll get some pics up real soon!

Cool, so this is not the first bike you have ever ridden? Glad you have your license. I promise you, she will go faster than you want to go! Again, welcome, have a look around and have fun, post up the pics when you can.
firedevil.gif

Congrats and welcome to the .org family take the course(msf) and take it slow remember you might be as alert as you can be and that one person is all it takes to take you down but good luck man and post some pics
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

hello.gif
Welcome to the oRg.....
Just take it easy, take your time getting to know the bike itself.

worthless.gif

IMG_0008.JPG

Just to throw some love your way so you don't feel alone. The 06LE was my first bike sports or riding and I took the MSF course 3yrs (2003)prior to getting the bike. So I had my endorsement for 3 years, had not rode a bike before then and didn't ride a bike after the course until I got my 06LE. I've been riding now for 2 and half years and enjoying it. Like everyone says, keep an eye on the next man (plural) because your ok within your own zone, it becomes hazardous when someone crossing it or you get over whelmed.
thumb_up.gif

thanks sk8! I was stuck between the 06LE and the 08. I LOVE THE WHITE! I'm not knockin the blue one I just bought, but the white almost pulled me away from the 08.

busa was my first but im a lot older. dont let your ego write a check your butt cant cash. in other words be careful.
congrats. we need some pics please

busa_pics_004.jpg

Congrats and welcome. Do take the MSF course and get yourself a Copy of A twist of the wrist 1&2 by Keith Code. Also Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatch.
beerchug.gif

thanks all the support guys. i finally took her out for a spin today. odometer now reads 1. lol. it was only 22 degrees out but i couldn't handle it anymore...i could definitely feel the power. this summer is going to be awesome! i'll get some pics up here tomorrow for ya

Back