My First Bike is a Busa!

now explain why the bike is not a good first bike for a girl?

because she is a couple inches shorter? or a few pound lighter?

I think the reason runs deeper myself...

I power wash mine one a month or so, whether it needs ot or not.  I don't know why folks are afraid to get it wet.  Its a motorcycle.  It can be driven in the rain.  It won't shrink into a 600 if you get water on it.  

The Busa is alot of bike to learn on.  Glad you made it 2 days without a drop.  Hopefully you'll make it 2 years without one.  The odds are not in your favor.  Not saying you are going to wad it up and kill yourself, but get a little off balance at an intersection on a grade, and down she goes.  Don't check the side stand after moving her in the garage, down she goes.  Those are very common mistakes made by new riders and plastics are expensive to repair/replace.

Animal in the road, if its smaller than you, hit it.  Nothing worse than wadding up a bike to miss a 5 lbs possum.

Good luck and keep practicing.
I don't know why folks are afraid to get it wet.  Its a motorcycle.  It can be driven in the rain.  It won't shrink into a 600 if you get water on it. <<<<
ThumbsUp.gif
Freakin' funny. I forgot to mention I used to ride dirt bikes. The biggest street bike was a 750. I'm very careful on the busa. One thing about having a busa or any suzuki is the kickstand. It sux so watch how u park the bike or you'll be looking at it on its side......and you'll cry lol. I'm getting another kick stand that makes the bike lean like it should. Be careful man.
I'm not afraid of getting it wet, 1 guy told me though that its not good to use water on it, then I was surprised when the other dude said it was okay just make sure to dry it off with a towel and not let the water just sit on the bike.

I am going to get the honda spray though and use it, I also have another spray/polish that I purchased when I got the bike, spray on, whipe off...

now explain why the bike is not a good first bike for a girl?  

because she is a couple inches shorter? or a few pound lighter?  

I think the reason runs deeper myself...
Well, for me when I first got on the busa myself I stalled it once after a few minutes in a parking lot and it jerked left because I had the wheel turned, I was trying to go left at a stop sign in a parking lot and let off the clutch to quickly, and I ohmost...ohmost couldn't hold it up myself, it was about 1/2 way down to the ground and somehow I kept it up.

I know for sure that she wouldn't have been able to do that...so the bike would've pounded the ground and probably crushed her, I really don't want that happening...If the Busa was lighter I'd say she probably could ride it without any issues. I'd feel much better if she had a lighter bike, she doesn't have nearly as much strength as me. Plus, I really don't want the bike falling on her, that could seriously hurt her...She wants to ride and excited about getting a bike, I just need to find the right one.

My busa scares me every time I get on it. Somedays I just get that feeling that I shouldn't ride, and I don't. You seem to sound like you are too confident in not getting hurt. Always prepare for the crash by wearing gear.

Welcome to the oRg, as said above, get full gear, take it slow. Also take a MSF safety course to learn some basic survival skills. Ride like EVERYONE is trying to kill you. Take it slow, respect the right wrist. The difference between the busa and almost every other bike out there is torque, it has a lot of it. Because of this, it can get you in trouble much faster (in the blink of an eye) than anything else you could ride. So respect it or it will bite you. Also remember that speed is deceptive, when you think you are doing 55 you could be well into the 80's or 90's.
Sorry folks, that was me and not Juli that made this statement. By the way, if you didnt know, Cap put me here to make you all feel smart! Honest occifer, the light was green. 
banghead.gif

I don't want to sound too confident, maybe I did in a previous post, but I don't think I was trying too. I know stuff can go wrong at anytime on the bike, and that I must take proper precautions, all I know is each day that goes by I learn something new, and I am not driving the Busa in and out of alot of traffic, right now I am trying to stay away from any other vehicles, as I said I have much respect for the bike, its very powerful and I am not even tampering with power yet.

Welcome to the oRg, as said above, get full gear, take it slow. Also take a MSF safety course to learn some basic survival skills. Ride like EVERYONE is trying to kill you. Take it slow, respect the right wrist. The difference between the busa and almost every other bike out there is torque, it has a lot of it. Because of this, it can get you in trouble much faster (in the blink of an eye) than anything else you could ride. So respect it or it will bite you. Also remember that speed is deceptive, when you think you are doing 55 you could be well into the 80's or 90's.
Sorry folks, that was me and not Juli that made this statement. By the way, if you didnt know, Cap put me here to make you all feel smart! Honest occifer, the light was green. 
banghead.gif
I like the part about drive like everyone is trying to kill you, because thats basically how I feel...

Yes, I noticed at night when I had to get gas for the first time, I had to get on a road that was 55mph speedlimit, I went 50mph and at night it felt like I was going much faster, and for me it felt alittle scarey but I did tuck down it was alittle windy and I made sure nobody was around me before I got on the road, felt alot safer for now.

My busa scares me every time I get on it.  Somedays I just get that feeling that I shouldn't ride, and I don't.  You seem to sound like you are too confident in not getting hurt.  Always prepare for the crash by wearing gear.
Oh I do have good gear..btw..

We have Icon Helmets - $250 seemed steep for them but they seemed much better then the others, as far as safety and comfort... Icon Top 1/2 and Bottom 1/2 (all black), Icon Gloves, and I am still looking for boots/shoes. Shes got a white / pink Joe Rocket Top/Pants.

I was shocked to see the prices on most of the apparel, its really expensive stuff and its like putting on full body armour, but probably the difference between living and dying.

have an extra pair of underwear with you when you finally grip it and rip it. i promise you that you will not be prepared when you do.

When you people say first bike does that mean your assuming that the guy has never been on a bike before and knows nothing about the clutch, shifting or any thing else?

You've said yourself how you had trouble with it because of something you had done wrong.

Eh. You've heard it all before. I agree with it.

Just make sure you have insurance, including life insurance, and be careful.

--Wag--

I can't even imagine an 08 Busa as a first bike.... My first motorized bike I could hold back at WOT without using the brake, all 2 1/2 tire rippin horse power.

minibike.jpg

Here is my first bike.  I had never been on one before I drove it away from the dealership.  I almost wrecked leaving the parking lot...nobody told me that I had to lean to turn.  I never dropped it in the 3 years that I rode it.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Link no longer works

Back