My First Bike is a Busa!

Not gonna lie to u....the busa is my first bike too. Don't be stupid on it bro. Ride safe.

dude is this you

nsx.jpg

lol, that is funny. Its an addictive forum.....but that is not necessary. Its the internet man. Good find
thumb_up.gif
'99Busa. LOL

I power wash mine one a month or so, whether it needs ot or not. I don't know why folks are afraid to get it wet. Its a motorcycle. It can be driven in the rain. It won't shrink into a 600 if you get water on it.

The Busa is alot of bike to learn on. Glad you made it 2 days without a drop. Hopefully you'll make it 2 years without one. The odds are not in your favor. Not saying you are going to wad it up and kill yourself, but get a little off balance at an intersection on a grade, and down she goes. Don't check the side stand after moving her in the garage, down she goes. Those are very common mistakes made by new riders and plastics are expensive to repair/replace.

Animal in the road, if its smaller than you, hit it. Nothing worse than wadding up a bike to miss a 5 lbs possum.

Good luck and keep practicing.

I wonder why he said 'water is your enemy'. Maybe he was joking. Thanks for your input.

I actually just got in from getting gas, had it upto 50mph at night, not as spooky as the first night, but I don't think I will be going any faster for awhile, I just didn't want to be going too slow on a 55mph road to get to the gas station, not many drivers were out there though, but bugs bouncing off my helmet as I rhode along. lol.

I know what alot of you guys are thinking, why on earth would this fool get his first bike a Busa? Is he insane? crazy? or just plain retarded?

First off, I got alot of respect for the Bike, I am not crazy stupid and I understand how a manual works, I actually think its really easy to change gears. I drive a 6 speed N-S-X, so a manual is nothing new to me. I am taking everything very slow with the busa, and making sure that I am not doing anything to injur myself or harm the bike...

The first 40 miles I've put on this Bike are from empty parking lots, subdivisions and roads that go 25-45mph, I have gotten the the bike upto 45mph but only during the day on a road with hardly any cars, I feel much more comfortable when nobody is around me. At night though it seems alot more scarier driving the Busa, but that will change the more I ride and more experience I gain.

I read in the manual the first 500 miles are very important and is there anything I can make sure that I am not doing wrong? i.e. stalling the bike (which I only did once), or downshifting too much? What really hurts the bike during this time-frame besides driving the gears up too high?

I've had the bike for 2 days now, have not dropped it on the ground or even put a scratch on it, oh my dog did try to take a leak on it though and got his ass beat for tryin, as I said though I have alot of respect for this machine, plus I did not finance the thing, I paid cash and when you put out that much money for something nice, its even more important to keep it brand new...

Anyways, I want to know what you guys think of a first time biker with a Hayabusa, and what your recommendations are. Please don't tell me I need to sell the busa or any garbage like that, give me some encouragement, its too late, I own the bike now and really am quite pleased with it. I have included a photo from yesterday.

I'm 6'1" about 180lbs and the bike really doesn't seem all that heavy.

2465835553_5ec75f3531_m.jpg

Thanks for any tips you might have for a new biker!
not even going to read what the masses say... I think it is a not too bright move...

Hayabusa is not a beginners bike and no mater how much back patting everyone does, I think you are making a mistake... Your ego is going to make it a phallic symbol and there is nothing anyone can say that is going to convince you otherwise... I do not even see the point of asking

IMO you do not have the built in reactions to adverse situations.. you still have to think about clutch, brake, gears when it should be automatic... add that to the fact that 3 or 4 seconds of WOT put you near or in triple digits with no room for error... Street skills also require you spot a situation before it even turns into one and nothing can do that except time and experience...

But it is your life, your insurance and your family you leave behind... hope you have fun and do not hurt anyone else...

I personally am tired of "rider down" threads and seeing that the bike they had was way ahead of their skills.. I have 40 years of bikes and this bike is more than I can handle.. But then again, I may just be a crappy rider..

Yea maybe I have an opinion on this but I am tired of scrapping bodies off the pavement...

Probably not a bright move, but I am a very defenseless driver, I am not a moron, and I have faith in my decisions when riding. I am not having ANY issues changing gears or braking, if I did...I wouldn't even be on any roads...period.

On these bikes especially the 08' like you have, you really have to leave your ego wherever you picked your keys up at. It's too easy to push the power a little farther. Baby steps. I would also get you a nice 600 which make great track bikes. They are also great bikes to learn on.

I power wash mine one a month or so, whether it needs ot or not.  I don't know why folks are afraid to get it wet.  Its a motorcycle.  It can be driven in the rain.  It won't shrink into a 600 if you get water on it.  

The Busa is alot of bike to learn on.  Glad you made it 2 days without a drop.  Hopefully you'll make it 2 years without one.  The odds are not in your favor.  Not saying you are going to wad it up and kill yourself, but get a little off balance at an intersection on a grade, and down she goes.  Don't check the side stand after moving her in the garage, down she goes.  Those are very common mistakes made by new riders and plastics are expensive to repair/replace.

Animal in the road, if its smaller than you, hit it.  Nothing worse than wadding up a bike to miss a 5 lbs possum.

Good luck and keep practicing.
I don't know why folks are afraid to get it wet.  Its a motorcycle.  It can be driven in the rain.  It won't shrink into a 600 if you get water on it. <<<<
ThumbsUp.gif
Freakin' funny. I forgot to mention I used to ride dirt bikes. The biggest street bike was a 750. I'm very careful on the busa. One thing about having a busa or any suzuki is the kickstand. It sux so watch how u park the bike or you'll be looking at it on its side......and you'll cry lol. I'm getting another kick stand that makes the bike lean like it should. Be careful man.

Thanks alot for the useful info, I do know I pay close attention to the kickstand everytime I kick it up or down, in fact, I dont really 'kick it' I make sure its secure and the position it needs to be and then slowly let it down or carefully move it up while I hold the bike up...Thanks again!

On these bikes especially the 08' like you have, you really have to leave your ego wherever you picked your keys up at. It's too easy to push the power a little farther. Baby steps. I would also get you a nice 600 which make great track bikes. They are also great bikes to learn on.
My woman wants a bike and she actually wants to take out the Busa but I won't let her, I was told in another thread a 600 would be good for a girl, shes 5'6' 130lbs and I am not about to let her test drive the Busa, shes going to take a class with me where you can use their bikes, but I will be keeping an eye out for some 600s in the area for sale.

Back