Please help me

The answer is NO, the insurance company needs Drivers Liscense Number to setup the insurance policy. So your dad needs a Motorcycle liscense or endorsment. It will probly only cost him 10-15 dollars to get a liscense (30-day permit+Operators Liscense/Endorsment). You also need to get a liscense so you can be added to the list of operators

Progressive insured me here in Georgia the day I bought my bike, and I didn't have the motorcycle endorsement, just a drivers license at the time. May be different where you are.

They specifically asked if I had a motorcycle license, I said I was going to get one, they insured me anyway, and the rate was no different without it! I had them run the quote both ways before signing.

Its the fuel injection which wil catch you out - slightest bit of throttle and bikes off, not what you want a a novice.

Apart from above theres loads of stuff to learn from experience that you need a light bike for. For example not parking up facing up hill so you can ride off - try parking up facing down hill against a wall etc so you have to back out. Dragging a Busa uphill would be an experience.

Buy an old trail bike DR350 etc then keep it when you move up.

I'm in KY... so all my dad has to do is go down there say he wants the motocycle licence take a test and hes got it?

Something like that, here in GA you take a written test to get a motorcycle permit, then you ride your bike on a little road skill course to get the full license. It may differ from state to state.

In Indy you have to have to take a written test, then hold a permit for 30 days, Then you take a skills test, and another written test to get a liscense.

Since you have a good 6 months before you get a motorcycle, you should sign up for a MSF course (its ABATE here in indy) because they usually fill up quickly. The MSF course will also allow you to get a liscense without performing a skills test(as long as you pass the course). Then you can have a full MC liscense :D . You should also spend much of your time researching motorcycles and visiting dealers. Shop around and try to find a lightweight, >800cc, bike.

It cost me 50 dollars. It was actually a 2 part deal for me, because 25 dollars goes toward the safty course, and the other goes toward the membership fee for ABATE which get me a nice discount on motorcycle stuff. If i didnt want to become a memeber of ABATE they will send you your 25 dollars back :D .

Back