Gen 2 turbo problems

It sounds for all the world like it's loading up on fuel, but that doesn't make sense because of the throttle percentage. Have you pulled the secondary flies? If they weren't opening as they should could that be causing it to run so rich? I'm thinking aloud, not from any expertise....

I pulled them out today and that didn’t change a thing. But iam done for today. My laptop fell off the gas tank and broke.

is the 3 bar map sensor connected to the bike ecu, or is it for the power commander?

If it’s replacing the stock map sensor, is the ecu flashed with the correct map for boost fueling with a 3 bar? If not, the sensor scaling is off, and this is giving you your issue.

If it’s not that (which really sounds like it to me) then if the ecu is flashed for the 3 bar map, but you’re tuning it with a power commander you’re fighting yourself. Ditch the power commander and do an actual full tune through the ecu.

is the 3 bar map sensor connected to the bike ecu, or is it for the power commander?

If it’s replacing the stock map sensor, is the ecu flashed with the correct map for boost fueling with a 3 bar? If not, the sensor scaling is off, and this is giving you your issue.

If it’s not that (which really sounds like it to me) then if the ecu is flashed for the 3 bar map, but you’re tuning it with a power commander you’re fighting yourself. Ditch the power commander and do an actual full tune through the ecu.
Hi. Boosted I know you like to try a lot of different things. Have you ever looked in to VP Q16 or X85L?

[

The ecu is flashed for the 3 bar map sensor.
I have to tune with the power commander as nobody here tunes ecu. The last person that tuned the bike with the ecu the bike ran like crap. And did the same thing. So I ditched that ecu and started with a new ecu and someone else flash. The bike does the same thing so Iam thinking something is wrong with the bike and it’s not the tune. But it’s going back to try and tune it again. If that doesn’t go well it’s getting shipped out or put back to stock and selling parts.

[

The ecu is flashed for the 3 bar map sensor.
I have to tune with the power commander as nobody here tunes ecu. The last person that tuned the bike with the ecu the bike ran like crap. And did the same thing. So I ditched that ecu and started with a new ecu and someone else flash. The bike does the same thing so Iam thinking something is wrong with the bike and it’s not the tune. But it’s going back to try and tune it again. If that doesn’t go well it’s getting shipped out or put back to stock and selling parts.
Okay. ITS THE TUNE. You CANNOT tune the gen 2 like that. You’re basically trying to tune over 3 maps with the power commander.

Take it somewhere that knows how to tune a gen 2 through the ecu.

Otherwise, put a stock map back in the ecu, stock map sensor, and put an FMU on the bike if you want to tune it through a power commander. It won’t run as good as a properly tuned ecu, But at least it will run.

Hi. Boosted I know you like to try a lot of different things. Have you ever looked in to VP Q16 or X85L?

Q16 is a heavily oxygenated leaded fuel. It’s designed for forced induction Intercooled engines. I’ve used it before on a few bikes. It makes a little more power over C16 but not as much a drum e85.

Haven’t used X85L. I just don’t see a reason to have a leaded ethanol fuel. X85 is about the same price as x98. X85L is a bit more expensive because of the lead, but only as a gain of 4 octane more over x98.

X98 also contains 10% methanol which is probably the biggest contributor to why stage one, non Intercooled bikes pick up almost 50whp on that fuel vs the typical 25-30hp gains seen on e85. The methanol evaporates on its way in to the combustion chamber lowing the intake temps. The same way actual methanol injection works.

Q16 is a heavily oxygenated leaded fuel. It’s designed for forced induction Intercooled engines. I’ve used it before on a few bikes. It makes a little more power over C16 but not as much a drum e85.

Haven’t used X85L. I just don’t see a reason to have a leaded ethanol fuel. X85 is about the same price as x98. X85L is a bit more expensive because of the lead, but only as a gain of 4 octane more over x98.

X98 also contains 10% methanol which is probably the biggest contributor to why stage one, non Intercooled bikes pick up almost 50whp on that fuel vs the typical 25-30hp gains seen on e85. The methanol evaporates on its way in to the combustion chamber lowing the intake temps. The same way actual methanol injection works.
HI Boosted Cycle Perf. Thank you very much. I like to try to make people think out side of the box.

No word yet. Heading down to the shop tonight to see how’s it going. But it sounded like you were right on it being to rich.

Any ideas yet? Mine is literally doing the same thing with a very similar set up.

Yes I got the bike tuned and it went away. But now it runs like poop again. I have a fi code c40. So now I have to track down what’s causing the fi light to turn on and why the bike downs t want to idle and run right.

Yes I got the bike tuned and it went away. But now it runs like poop again. I have a fi code c40. So now I have to track down what’s causing the fi light to turn on and why the bike downs t want to idle and run right.
Well some progress sucks but at least Boosted put you on the right path.

Hmmmm... what do we have here?

Tore in to it today. I found a ton of things wrong within minutes of opening the tank. Probably the biggest thing I found to contribute to the bike not running correctly was the map sensor. It has a 3 bar gm sensor. But instead of it being tee’s in between all the throttle bodies, it was connected to the plenum... there was another line tee’d in to that, so I traced it. It went to the blow off valve. Both those are supposed to be connected to the vacuum lines below the throttle bodies.

After seeing that, I wanted to verify where the fuel pressure regulator was getting its signal from. So traced it, and what would you know, it goes to the plenum like it should. But there’s another line tee’d in to that. Well that line connected to the small vacuum lines between the throttle bodies. (Where the map sensor should of been connected.) so basically it was just a huge vacuum leak. The idle air valve was also disconnected.

Other then the return line to the tank going from a -6 to -4, the fuel lines were routed properly, and everything else looked correct I was thinking it was gonna be running like a top by the end of the day.

All the the vacuum connections weren’t zip tied, so I took the liberty of doing that. While inspecting the tips of the injectors I saw the secondaries are modified meaning they probably flow 65lb.

The bike arrived with a tank full of 110, so no knowing the run time on the plugs, I pulled them. Well remember the speckling I talked about due to detonation? Well, that’s what it looks like.

I did a compression test and the results weren’t anything to brag about too. The messed up plug came out of #3 but the lowest compression number was on #2.
1: 137
2: 112
3: 130
4: 132

Needless to say, the engine is coming out.

Back