Turbo gen 1 street bike

Well bike is all done and I put different plastics on it from a donor bike I picked up a couple weeks ago. Just needs a tune now. Would like to find a single stage lock up for the bike as the last bike I built for a friend the clutch was slipping at 280 whp with ape 60 lbs clutch springs.

View attachment 1631708
How many inches over is the swing arm on this bike? Hard to tell from this angle.

I put a small pill, like a nitrous pill with arpund a .06 (start small and work ypur way up) hole through it in the fmu reference line. Helps with tuning and smoothing out the fuel. Thats my experience.

Bike is all tuned. Brian at win racing tuned and it runs amazing. Made real good power. Hope to take it to the track soon and see what it does. Hopefully smoke some locals that like to roll race. Still working getting the bike to run good 60-130 times. 60-110 it’s slower then when it was on nitrous. But after that it’s much faster. Going to play with gearing and shock settings. It spins 1st gear pretty good but when you pop it into 2nd it pulls the front tire off the ground. I have a feeling I’m going to have to leave in 2nd gear and find away to get it to leave hard.

I was running just a bit faster then stock with a 4 over arm. Couldnt keep wheel down on 18psi. Now going 80wb.... should fix that. Also went from fmu to fueltech for more control?
I won’t be going stand-alone on this bike. On my grudge bike I will be going stand-alone next winter. This turbo bike is going to stay hand clutch bike for some of the events I would like to try around here. Figure turbo would be easier to control then nitrous.

Took these h2 killer to the track and it went pretty good for my 1st time out. I’m very rusty with the hand clutch. Going to take some serious practice and seat time to get it dialed in. But I’m confident this thing will run low 8s soon. It has the mph too. 8.881 right off the trailer and slowly went faster. But struggled to get my 60 foot down. One on run I did go 1.507 but that was on the rear wheel. Lol. I have less then $8,000 into the bike total.

926EA571-6332-4A40-B943-83B15990BA3D.jpeg

FCF124B9-1602-4563-AFE9-5DA3C113BD0D.jpeg

E7ECDD13-1CDC-46C1-AA87-7164A27C3E12.jpeg

Okay guys so this is going to sound probably stupid but I bought a 2000 turbo busa from an older guy who had it for 3 years and put about 3k miles on it in 3 years. I got the bike for a really good deal cause it was through a friend. The questions are I know 0 about boosted bikes! Something a stupid as I’m not sure if it just needs a regular oil change, does it hold the same about if oil as a regular busa, what maintenance do I need to do? Also the bike starts, idols perfectly but under boost it stutters and struggles to build power. My problem is the guy I bought the bike from knows nothing about the bike and nobody around me will look at it because they didnt do the install. Idk if someone has time to look at my bike through pics or whatever and see what’s going on and maybe walk me through what the stuff is. Idk even know what the boost controller looks like or where it is. Lol I’m not new to bikes but definitely a noobie to turbo bikes.

@Thedeej97 lots and lots of info you are going to have to search a go through on here. How hard are you going to ride it? A oil change after a hard track weekend everytime, I probably doubled to tripled my oil change intervals from stock. Check and change spark plugs often, do a compression test atleast once a year more if you ride harder, fuel filter once a year, coolelant flush and change every year I used engine ice.

Strip the bike down and make a thread and post pics people will tell you if its a good build or not. Check all fuel lines and clamps before riding hard, don't trust other peoples work.

Create your own thread if you want some help, but I will say this, things get very expensive very quickly in the boosted world. If you cannot afford to drop money on it to fix it correctly, I would sell it for a little more than you spent and be happy.

Back