New rcc ultra kit for 08-09 busas!!

so you mean to tell me that this ultra kit with stock internals and a hacked ECU WILL safely put out sayyy 300-340hp alone on 93 pump w stock internals(keeping in mind we too pull timing)?

roughly how many #'s were ya pushing?

im beating the horse i know but my next purchase depends on how efficiently and cost effectively the gen II can put down big hp on 93 pump.

The Gen II with stock internals can only withstand 3 pounds of boost and make between 220-230 RWHP.

If you change the valve springs and valves, and install a spacer plate under the cylinder to bring down the compression, you would be good for 280.

If you also install turbo pistons and studs, you are now good for 325.

If you add good rods, you can now turn it up to 380 on pump, 450 on race.

Bottom line - build a good motor under that turbo, make sure you have a good foundation. If you are looking to install a turbo on a completely stock motor, the Gen I is a better choice, as it will make 250+. The Gen II stock motor is hampered by its high compression and weak valve springs.

Yes, you can make 350-400 RWHP on pump gas with an Ultra Plenum. No, we are not talking about stock internals at this level . . .:rulez:

Sweeeet.

Smith you're still pushing stock pistons n rods and powerhouse is shaking his head "no-no"...haha classic

Yea the wife won't let me have two project bikes so I believe I'll try to trade the turbo-10r in for a gen II straight up- should be more than a fair trade considering the power it puts down and the money invested into it IMO

this will wipe the slate clean and begin my journey in the boosted realm of Suzuki. The boys on the zx-10r.net forum would sure have my ball if they saw this haha.

Thanks, Ghost

Last edited:
Sweeeet.

Smith you're still pushing stock pistons n rods and powerhouse is shaking his head "no-no"...haha classic

I believe Greg was pushing his bike on the dyno to prove the stock fuel system is capable of that horsepower level, with ECU flashing. I doubt he will be pushing his bike like that on the street.

Correct :)

Though my stock pistons in my 00 busa made 461 hp / 280 ft*lbs and haven't exploded yet after 3.5 years. Good rods in it though.

If i were going to buy internals, i would personally buy rods before pistons, but i am no super duper expert on the subject.

Sweeeet.

Yea the wife won't let me have two project bikes so I believe I'll try to trade the turbo-10r in for a gen II straight up- should be more than a fair trade considering the power it puts down and the money invested into it IMO

this will wipe the slate clean and begin my journey in the boosted realm of Suzuki. The boys on the zx-10r.net forum would sure have my ball if they saw this haha.

Thanks, Ghost

Greg's whole body was shaking when he make those Gen II pulls!:lol:

You guys are making me drool!!! I wasnt kidding Frank when I told you I bought another bike just to keep my mind off my Busa while you transform her.. Maybe I can see her next week :)

what i dont understand is the website states a stage II going for $6450 that can support of 450hp, and this stage I ultra sells for $7200 when it uses less (i.e. stock ecu as fmu) ???
the ultra plenum is just a water injection system correct- if thats the case then why not buy a cheaper/suitable water injector and throw it on a standard stage I and push for this 300hp+ on 93 pump were all bragging about?
im guessing theyve yet to revise their kits and pricing on their websit?

Last edited:
ultra plenum is billet plenum with water to air intercooler inside, seperate heat exchanger, water pump etc, far more expensive and far more involved than water injection.

Ultra's claim to fame is being able to run lots of boost on pump fuel, like 18 psi (versus 7 psi or so with no intercooler). A stage II turbo without any intercooling is still limited to low boost on pump fuel, but turbo is capable of 450 hp with proper race fuel etc.

ecu doesn't take the place of the fmu, a 1:1 fuel regulator does though if using ecu flashing with gm 3 bar map sensor, it just so happens the stock injectors can handle a whole lot more fuel capacity than the gen 1 bikes as we have 8 of em :)

Last edited:
thanks smith for the break down.:thumbsup:

one more thing im still learning about you busa guys, whats the difference between a thicker head gasket (over the cylinder) and spacer (under the cylinder)?

Last edited:
The spacer can be used to drop compression further than the gasket.

Not really, you could do the same with either. If you install a thicker head gasket though, the gasket can be more prone to damage from high cylinder pressure.

Tall deck pistons are preferred over stock pistons so that a more efficient combustion chamber can be preserved with a much tighter piston to head clearance. Putting an .080" thicker spacer on stock pistons results in over .100" piston to head while using tall deck pistons can keep a more efficient .040" or so.

There is a new RCC ULTRA TURBO KIT aimed directly at 08-09 Hayabusas . . .

This new kit is a Gen II, Stage I kit with an ULTRA PLENUM!:beerchug:

There are NO secondary injections in the Ultra Plenum, and no Microtech box. Since you can now make 350+ RWHP on PUMP GAS with the stock injectors using ECU editor, secondaries are not necessary. And for those of you who are looking for more, you can order the NEW RCC Billet Fuel rail with 62 lb injectors - this is enough to make 600+, again, no Microtech!!

RCC Gen II Stage I Ultra kit ............................................... $7400.00

RCC Billet Fuel rail, with 65 lb injectors, all connectors ...... $ 660.00

These setups utilize a 1:1 regulator, which can be ordered separately, if needed. The Stage 1 Ultra kit comes with it.

POWERHOUSE is taking orders now for this new kit, and like all of our RCC kits, shipping is FREE . . .:laugh:

Does it also include the heat exchanger and water pump?

Must b the market :)
But to me it seems like a lot for a turbo kit that is to b put on a bike that cost 8 Grand !!!

I'm all about HP tho!!!

Perhaps one day I can live with myself and spend this kind of coin on my busa !

....heck, go over to the Lambo forums! They are spending $100k+ on Twin-Turbo kits... :laugh:

Speed costs money, just depends how FAST you want to go... :beerchug:

I know all about it :)
Previous fast toys were
850 rwhp vette over 40 invested
650 rwhp Z06 over 20 invested
Evo IX 700 + hp over 40 invested lol
And the list goes on

Back