Turbo gen 1 street bike

I think the leak is from the oil pan gasket
Your valve cover is leaking also. I'd also wrap that wiring in hockey stick tape and tie up up nicely so you don't get a fire or bad wire that leaves you stranded.

Hockey stick tape Is far more resistant to both electrical lume and electrical tape. In my trade all new semis of all brands come with it now and it's recommended warranty material to use on wiring and wire repair.

Edit: if you are somewhat mechanically incline and have tools don't let this bike scare you away. It would probably take me a day or two to fix those issues with some heavy beer drinking also. Your biggest job is retaping and doing exhaust gaskets, turbo manifolds suck to work on compared to stock.

Last edited:
Your valve cover is leaking also. I'd also wrap that wiring in hockey stick tape and tie up up nicely so you don't get a fire or bad wire that leaves you stranded.

Hockey stick tape Is far more resistant to both electrical lume and electrical tape. In my trade all new semis of all brands come with it now and it's recommended warranty material to use on wiring and wire repair.

Edit: if you are somewhat mechanically incline and have tools don't let this bike scare you away. It would probably take me a day or two to fix those issues with some heavy beer drinking also. Your biggest job is retaping and doing exhaust gaskets, turbo manifolds suck to work on compared to stock.
Sweet! Thanks for the response! I have all winter and a big garage I’ll take my time and do it all myself until the tuner stuff obviously

Bike looks old but fairly well taken care of. New fluids, drop the pan and take a look for carnage, swap a few gaskets, put it on a dyno to check the tune and roll out. Good freeway flyer.

U paid $4k, insurance gave u $8k+, it’s a free bike. Can’t beat that if u want a turbo
Thank you! Haha that’s all I’m saying. I’m not trying to take it to the strip or anything mainly just cruise around town and to bike meets

For wiring I’d suggest Tesa tape. It does look like hockey tape but created for wiring that lives in an engine bay so it can tolerate the abrasion and heat of an engine bay. Hockey tape can handle the abrasion but I’m not so sure it has a high melting point.

Links for reference:

look. if he wants to spend the rest of his life tracking down small issues and TRYING to tune the thing.... ok. A dyno will reveal in a matter of minutes any boost leaks/ power deficits/ any numbers that dont look right.... shyt like that. Street tuning a turbo rig...... u WONT SEE alot of things. Its important to see this stuff right away and to TRY to fix the issue instead of tuning around a problem. an experienced set of eyes and a dyno are priceless.
You aren't new to this forum are you.... I am but building a turbo hayabusa isn't like building the Saturn 5.... if He's able of twist a wrench and he owns a b-king what's stopping him?

Just for everyone else to understand. I bought my built motor turbo bike for $8500. I have spent more than $10k getting it to where it is now and I’m still not done. So I’m at almost $20k THIS YEAR ALONE and the guy before me had $20k in the motor and turbo kit. Yes I could have taken 12 years to diagnose myself but this is realistic numbers for a proper running turbo bike fixed and maintained by a professional.

Just trying to throw some realistic examples in there. I built the motor in my last one (with some help) so I know my way around this bike. I do not however know anything when it comes to tuning a turbo bike with secondaries and knowing when to turn them on to match the original 4 etc. to prevent explosions. Lots of stuff to make you scratch your head. I chose to pay someone to do this than chance it with a $20k motor.

After 2.5 yrs and 2 engines I can give some good advice on turbo Busas. No amount of top quality parts will matter if the guy tuning your bike isn’t any good. The most important thing is the tuner and his ability to tune the bike to your riding style. Not just WOT.

After 2.5 yrs and 2 engines I can give some good advice on turbo Busas. No amount of top quality parts will matter if the guy tuning your bike isn’t any good. The most important thing is the tuner and his ability to tune the bike to your riding style. Not just WOT.
This! I don't understand how dyno tuners, tune bikes in such short times and so well usually. I spent days tuning my bike the wot was easy it was working through every rpm range to get it perfect that took forever.

Hey guys, when it comes to turbo busa im super new. Im totally down to learn and im capable of turning a wrench haha dumb question but when doing an oil change in a turbo bike, is the oil capacity the same or more than stock? Any guess?

Back