Gen 1 stage 1 rcc

busakiller

Registered
Making this thread for a friend and for people that have been talking about going turbo. My buddy first wanted to go nitrous but after thinking about your only fast when the bottle is full. And since this bike will be doing street stuff a bottle won't last long. So he decided to go turbo and was looking at kits. I strongly recommend rcc kit since a lot of people talk about them. He did find some other kits but I twisted his arm and said you won't regret going with rcc. So a month ago he ordered the kit from rcc and it came about a week after ordered. The kit is very well put together piece and the instructions are pretty good. They were hard for me at times as I am more of a picture person. Lol. But it's pretty straight forward and easy to follow. The workmanship on the kit his pretty high quality. The welds and do fitment of everything is amazing. The hot side on the turbo is ported very heavy and smooth. Some of the stuff is already put together to take installer error out of the picture? The kit took about 2 days to install. Could of done faster if he had all the tools for the install and much better lighting. Lol. Yesterday we finished it up and got it running. Bike sounds amazing and runs great with the base map. Only things we need to do is get a fuel pressure gauge to check the fuel pressure and some vaccum line t's. Then tidy everything up and zip tie all the lines. I will keep this up to date. For tuning we might weld a o2 bung on and put my auto tune on the bike so we can log it. He does want to turn the bike up this summer on c16. The motor is stock minus drop in cams.

20190309_115235.jpg

20190309_115246.jpg

20190309_115256.jpg

20190309_115715.jpg

20190309_115727.jpg

20190309_115731.jpg

20190309_115743.jpg

20190309_115751.jpg

20190309_115803.jpg

20190309_115814.jpg

20190309_115828.jpg

20190309_115851.jpg

20190309_143506.jpg

20190309_143522.jpg

20190309_143535.jpg

Dude, I dont know if You want to run an Auto-Tune with a Turbo. I don't believe it's advisable...I could be wrong but I don't think I am...

Everyone says you shouldn't use auto tune to tune a turbo bike. But the power commander auto tune with the pod300 lets you log. That's what iam using it for. Using the base map from Richard then ride the bike and log it with the auto tune. If it looks like it need's some tuning I will let the auto tune work the low throttle stuff. Wot stuff i can adjust after looking at the logs. Around here we don't have any tuners that have tuned turbo bikes. We don't have one guy that does a lot of custom bikes and turbo bikes. But his nick name is blow up bill. He tuned my turbo and it's stupid rich at idle, has a big lean rich spot in cruise, and mid 12 afr in boost. He also built a motor for my buddies gsxr and the pistons were a hair to small so the motor had a small knock. Cause the pistons were slapping the cylinder walls. The guy that owns this turbo busa also had blow up bill install a nitrous system and tune on his r1. The guy had it for 8 months and did it last minute before he picked it up. After 100 miles of riding he fouled out spark plugs and the radiator started leaking cause the nitrous line was pushed up against it. Some times people have to work with what we got. And that's what we're doing.

I am in Minnesota. Only close place we would trust is win racing. The owner of the bike might be taking it there. He wants to get the bike tuned on kill. So I am sure mid year it will be in pieces. As he won't turn anything down to let it last. He has a R1 that has a 60 shot on a stock motor and won't run the bike off the bottle

I am in Minnesota. Only close place we would trust is win racing. The owner of the bike might be taking it there. He wants to get the bike tuned on kill. So I am sure mid year it will be in pieces. As he won't turn anything down to let it last. He has a R1 that has a 60 shot on a stock motor and won't run the bike off the bottle
wow

Everyone says you shouldn't use auto tune to tune a turbo bike. But the power commander auto tune with the pod300 lets you log. That's what iam using it for. Using the base map from Richard then ride the bike and log it with the auto tune. If it looks like it need's some tuning I will let the auto tune work the low throttle stuff. Wot stuff i can adjust after looking at the logs. Around here we don't have any tuners that have tuned turbo bikes. We don't have one guy that does a lot of custom bikes and turbo bikes. But his nick name is blow up bill. He tuned my turbo and it's stupid rich at idle, has a big lean rich spot in cruise, and mid 12 afr in boost. He also built a motor for my buddies gsxr and the pistons were a hair to small so the motor had a small knock. Cause the pistons were slapping the cylinder walls. The guy that owns this turbo busa also had blow up bill install a nitrous system and tune on his r1. The guy had it for 8 months and did it last minute before he picked it up. After 100 miles of riding he fouled out spark plugs and the radiator started leaking cause the nitrous line was pushed up against it. Some times people have to work with what we got. And that's what we're doing.

Sounds alot like the tune I have. I'm giving the autotune a shot on my turbo bike. The tune was super rich at most throttle openings. I'd have to say that it has smoothed out alot of the map. I've put target afr numbers in the 8 psi area and I havent seen too much change. I'm assuming it needs more data to make the needed changes. Since the last tune ive had low afr's on takeoff and slightly rolling off the throttle. Not sure if I'm having issues with my fmu or not. I'm happy with it for the most part in vacuum and atmospheric pressures.

Wow what?

We would go to Frank or Rob. But he doesn't want to spend the money to ship the bike. So he might go to win. It's out of my hands. I tried getting him to buy the kit from frank. I try to send customers to sponsor's but I can't force them. I hope he gets his ecu flashed by Frank and not blow up bill
lol... I was saying wow... in that ure buddy wont do anything to make it last..always on "kill"

Brian at winn racing is good guy..

So this bike had the ecu sent out after the dyno tune to get flashed. It was on the dyno yesterday for a quick tune and it made just over 280 after 2 degrees of timing was pulled up top. I will post videos of this bike in action over the summer. He wants to line up against my 1397 busa. I will keep this update and let you know how fast the bike is and how long it lasts at this level.

Back